• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Discussion News from Beta (may contain spoilers!)

DeletedUser3571

i don't think you should worry about the teleport spell. Its only available as a possible prize in the spire, which on my beta account was only offered as possible for 3 of the first level encounters of the spire. So you will never get enough of them to make it worthwhile.

Jackluyt

Shaman
i don't think you should worry about the teleport spell. Its only available as a possible prize in the spire, which on my beta account was only offered as possible for 3 of the first level encounters of the spire. So you will never get enough of them to make it worthwhile.

It would not surprise me if they became prizes for F A and Challenges...

DeletedUser8844

well just saw this for the new event.

Produce Bread 5 times with a Workshop from your previous or current Chapter
Produce [tier 1 boost][3 hrs] 3 times with a Manufactory from your previous or current Chapter

i'm in constructs chapter

i have ZERO workshops. i don't need them. MY EE and PT and a couple set buildings make all the supplies i need. and more actually...
my manufactories stopped at lvl 23, because then i loose out on 1 day production.

this was not a well thought out idea. it will punish ppl higher up, because we need less workshops or factories.

would be a better idea to bring in tier 2 goods into the mix.

i know trying to make it harder for ppl to blitz through events, and the larger and later players that have loads of room if they are done constructs can
easily get through events.

maybe make it so you need to make 1 item from that level of building and rest from whatever level.

basically i'm screwed for the next event

Deleted User - 1759805

Produce Bread 5 times with a Workshop from your previous or current Chapter
You think 1hx5 is bad? There are plenty of 24hx5 WS quests later on... Ditto for T1 - these go up to x5 and x7.

You're not going to have a good time in this event...

Tiriake

Soothsayer
I guess I'm pretty much done with events. Because the whole point of this game is supposed to have as efficient city you can and free choice what to build. So I did the numbers, looked what works for me. Now I would have to build extra manufactories and upgrade them...that I don't need.

Pauly7

Magus
At this point I have 2 workshops from this chapter or the last and 3 manufactories. I guess that makes me in not quite as bad a position as some, but it still means that I won't be able to succeed in this event. I'm not going to redesign my city for this purpose or any other except for my own choice. Even if I can slowly make my way through some of the quests I can't see myself tying those manufactories up in 1 or 2 day productions for multiple days at a time.

It is frustrating because I can imagine that Brown Bear becoming important, but alas I will have to give up on the idea before it starts. I think this is a really bad idea Inno. That's not me being needlessly negative. You've solved one problem of players having uneven production capabilities by putting an even bigger one in its place.

Pauly7

Magus
I am astounded by the teleport spell. Players have been asking for a feature like this for years. And in all these years the devs said that they will never implement this as it is not in keeping with the game. We were supposed to plan well and the constraints of the game was part of what made it challenging and fun they told us. And now because of the direction they want to take events they've decided to change this? What's next the ability to change the orientation of buildings? Sacrilege
What I think would be a better spell, in terms of not flying so far against the Elvenar principles would be to have one that allows a player to downgrade one level of any building. An "Ignoble Unrestoration" if you will. They could be rare enough so that it wouldn't impact the game massively. You can even have it craftable with a blueprint, though I don't think many people would want to spend a blueprint on it unless it was really important.

DeletedUser8217

I heard from a fellowship member about the workshops requirements to complete some tasks.
It needs to be at the same chapter lever as you are currently in or maximum 2 chapters below.
Here is a big problem for players in chapter 6 dwarfs
Humans got their previous workplace upgrade at chapter 4 and so they don't have a problem
Elf's got their previous workplace upgrade at chapter 3 and here is your problem.
They can both have their workplaces at level 15 but 1 is chapter 4 and the other is chapter 3

DeletedUser4149

the produce steel quest is NOT a good way to make up for the disadvantages given to steel makers in the last event. now human plank makers get screwed again!
I heard from a fellowship member about the workshops requirements to complete some tasks.
It needs to be at the same chapter lever as you are currently in or maximum 2 chapters below.
Humans got their previous workplace upgrade at chapter 4 and so they don't have a problem
Elf's got their previous workplace upgrade at chapter 3 and here is your problem.
They can both have their workplaces at level 15 but 1 is chapter 4 and the other is chapter 3
i can't remember if that's true or not, assuming it is, elvenar has never treated each race or even people who were assigned different boosts equally.

Deleted User - 106219

That's wrong. You need a workshop from the previous upgrade teach - doesn't matter what chapter you got it. So if you are in Dwarves and all of your workshops are level 15 - you're fine. It doesn't matter if you are human or elf, and it doesn't matter if the research was unlocked in chapter 3 or chapter 4 - either way it's fine.

Timneh

Artisan
This is the announcement from beta about the workshop level needed ffor the upcoming event

Based on early event feedback and the concern that not all players will have sufficient time to max out their production buildings for specific quests, we have reacted and enabled the following change on Beta already: Workshop production quests with requirements for a minimum building level have been adapted to not require the minimum available level from the previous Chapter (current Chapter-1) but instead from 3 Chapters ago (current Chapter-3). These values might still change as we monitor analytics data on the event and player progression. In adition, the "Scout 1 province" quest without an alternative now got the alternative "OR Research 1 Technology".

I hope this helps to make things clearer.

Hekata

Artisan
They have also added (or will on Monday) "OR gain 15 VV" to the scout 1 province quests. I think that's ok. We might need to craft things we don't need but it's better than waiting days for the scout to finish.

DeletedUser7526

This is the announcement from beta about the workshop level needed ffor the upcoming event

Workshop but instead from 3 Chapters ago (current Chapter-3).

Does the T1 still be last upgrade to chapter-1.
Or in other words, for constructs all boosted T1 be level 24. And sentient doesn’t count?

Please help with information.

DeletedUser4149

one website is saying that this quest is to produce steel and another site is saying produce T1 boost.
anyone know which of these is right?

DeletedUser4149

the produce steel quest is NOT a good way to make up for the disadvantages given to steel makers in the last event. now human plank makers get screwed again!
sorry, i think i was given bad information from a crappy website.
another site said this quest is to produce boosted T1.
anyone know which of these is right?