• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Discussion News from Beta (may contain spoilers!)

DeletedUser4483

If the Fire/Aureate/Storm Phoenix Building is offered for crafting, so should be the Phoenix Artefact, and yet I didn't see any.

DeletedUser8409

If the Fire/Aureate/Storm Phoenix Building is offered for crafting, so should be the Phoenix Artefact, and yet I didn't see any.
The Artifacts can't be crafted but can be won at events. If you won one in an event but lacked the base prize you couldn't use it.

DeletedUser6357

Dear Humans and Elves,

Today we have updated the rewards available from the Spire of Eternity on Beta! It is now possible to receive a Teleport Building Spell, which can be used to teleport a building into the inventory. This Spell works on many buildings, with some exceptions, such as Settlement buildings, Main Hall, Trader, Ancient Wonders, and some more.
spell_teleport_1.png

The Teleport Spell is exclusively available via the Spire of Eternity, and can be found in some Encounters in the Spire, including some early ones, Boss Encounters, and it is a potential reward in Mystery Chests. The Teleport Building Spell replaces some other rewards from these Chests.

encounter_reward.png

V. 1.88
Balancing

In adition, the "Scout 1 province" quest without an alternative now got the alternative "OR Research 1 Technology".

How will this solve player problems with a very long scouting time?
It is they who have completed the technology study. :mad:

Last edited by a moderator:

Errandil

Conjurer
Based on early event feedback and the concern that not all players will have sufficient time to max out their production buildings for specific quests, we have reacted and enabled the following change on Beta already: Workshop production quests with requirements for a minimum building level have been adapted to not require the minimum available level from the previous Chapter (current Chapter-1) but instead from 3 Chapters ago (current Chapter-3). These values might still change as we monitor analytics data on the event and player progression. In adition, the "Scout 1 province" quest without an alternative now got the alternative "OR Research 1 Technology".

With the today's update the time to build workshops seem a little better, but for the later chapters it is still too long. In my opinion this should be scaled differently, something like chapter-3 untill the woodelves, then lvl 16 minimum for any chapter above. 4 days to build something for the event is still ridiculous, but at least it is better than what we have now. Seems like the developers are constantly trying to punish players for being in higher chapters. If anyone is interested, here is the new requirements chart:

Chapter 4 - lvl 1,
Dwarves - lvl 5, 9h 32m,
Fairies, Orcs - lvl 9, 35h 32m,
Woodelves - lvl 16, 106h 58m,
S&D - lvl 18, 138h 26m,
Halflings - lvl 20, 174h 49m,
Elementals - lvl 22, 213h 47m,
Amuni - lvl 24, 255h 52m,
Constructs - lvl 26, 299h 50m.

At least now any player who spent diamonds on BH has a chance to get 5 workshops before the event starts. But the times are still insane and ridiculous.

Edit: oh, and another thing I simply adore this event. Before you could advance in chapter and it meant better prizes for you. Now you can't advance mid-event, bevbeca it means that your buildings will stop working and you need to spent several days or a bunch of instants to upgrade them. Amazing game design, really.

Last edited:

Sir Derf

Adept
Progress in the event involves using Keys to open Spheres which gives Stardust which fill in stars in constellations. Plural.

Question - Does the constellation used to show the progress of collected stardust change when completed? If so, that would be cool.

Jackluyt

Shaman
They just released the Teleport Spell in Beta World.
Also the requirements for Event buildings have changed from 'current or previous chapter' to 'current or previous 3 chapters'.

69927795_10214726084606367_8101428104129413120_n.jpg

Dear Humans and Elves,
Today we have updated the rewards available from the Spire of Eternity on Beta! It is now possible to receive a Teleport Building Spell, which can be used to teleport a building into the inventory. This Spell works on many buildings, with some exceptions, such as Settlement buildings, Main Hall, Trader, Ancient Wonders, and some more.

The Teleport Spell is exclusively available via the Spire of Eternity, and can be found in some Encounters in the Spire, including some early ones, Boss Encounters, and it is a potential reward in Mystery Chests. The Teleport Building Spell replaces some other rewards from these Chests.
From the Inventory, you can either place them back into your city, or you can disenchant the building for Spell Fragments to use in Crafting. We're very curious to hear your feedback.
Please let us know your thoughts by posting in the discussion thread!
Kind regards
Your Elvenar Team

Balancing for the new event
Based on early event feedback and the concern that not all players will have sufficient time to max out their production buildings for specific quests, we have reacted and enabled the following change on Beta already: Workshop production quests with requirements for a minimum building level have been adapted to not require the minimum available level from the previous Chapter (current Chapter-1) but instead from 3 Chapters ago (current Chapter-3). These values might still change as we monitor analytics data on the event and player progression. In addition, the "Scout 1 province" quest without an alternative now got the alternative "OR Research 1 Technology".

DeletedUser7081

So, we are up now doing current chapter -3 - that will still be S&D for me in 10 days. And I still have 5 MW.

Not good enough!

Put it back to what it was and limit the number of main prizes one can have - if someone wants to spend hours and hours play the game and get 100000000000 rewards you should feel flattered that someone loves the game so much rather than to try to find a way to block them!

DeletedUser7526

But are the chapter-3 requirements only for workshop and not for manufactories . Any developments for manufactories (such as any tier factory + sentient )

And for produce so much T1 quest : does collecting from set buildings / mermaid count ?

Last edited by a moderator:

Pauly7

Magus
Balancing for the new event
Based on early event feedback and the concern that not all players will have sufficient time to max out their production buildings for specific quests, we have reacted and enabled the following change on Beta already: Workshop production quests with requirements for a minimum building level have been adapted to not require the minimum available level from the previous Chapter (current Chapter-1) but instead from 3 Chapters ago (current Chapter-3). These values might still change as we monitor analytics data on the event and player progression. In addition, the "Scout 1 province" quest without an alternative now got the alternative "OR Research 1 Technology".
I don't think this is going to work because they've already put people into a situation where they wished to delete all their top level T1 manufactories (in some cases). The solution to level 1 boosted buildings being different sizes can't ever be to use higher level buildings because that implies one massive sweeping assumption that people all have the exact same number of T1 high level manufactories. If we don't (and we don't) then it is always going to create more of an iniquity than the previous system.

I, for one, will play along with what I've got because there's no way that I would build all new level 27 marble manufactories just for an event... that would be crazy. This is all another opportunity to make more money from the people so determined to achieve event results that they will spend big to make that huge temporary reorganisation.

DeletedUser8632

"... or research 1 Technology"

Not so long ago. Inno. Development Meeting. "Boss, people complain that players who don't have researched optional squad upgrades have an advantage in tournaments!" Boss: "Force them to research it". Dev: "But how?". Boss, pulling out Event feedback notes: "I have an idea..."

DeletedUser4149

anyone know anything about quest #23 Produce a fair amount of Steel?
do we need a factory or do mermaids work?
how much does someone in constructs have to produce?
anyone thing this is a bad way to balance the disadvantage given to steel makers in the last event? if so, it looks like it still leaves human plank makers at a disadvantage.

Timneh

Artisan
I believe from what has been said on beta forum is that if the quest says produce then you need to make it in factories, if the quest says gain then you can get it from other sources. I might be wrong but that is what has been said on beta forum.

m4rt1n

Adept
"... or research 1 Technology"

Not so long ago. Inno. Development Meeting. "Boss, people complain that players who don't have researched optional squad upgrades have an advantage in tournaments!" Boss: "Force them to research it". Dev: "But how?". Boss, pulling out Event feedback notes: "I have an idea..."

I have done all the optional ones also, so my event is going to be not a good one at all.
What happened to scout one province or gain x vision vapour, at least I could do that in a day.

DeletedUser5976

I am astounded by the teleport spell. Players have been asking for a feature like this for years. And in all these years the devs said that they will never implement this as it is not in keeping with the game. We were supposed to plan well and the constraints of the game was part of what made it challenging and fun they told us. And now because of the direction they want to take events they've decided to change this? What's next the ability to change the orientation of buildings? Sacrilege