• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Discussion News from Beta (may contain spoilers!)

DeletedUser5306

...And curious as to why it is announced or even mentioned by players digging out the beta forums instead of Inno's official representatives...

DeletedUser5306

I meant here... not everyone reads beta....fortunately some who are following the beta forums can inform about things here I suppose...

DeletedUser5976

I meant here... not everyone reads beta

Yes I would have like that as well. As this is a long standing promise I would have expected them keep their word and inform us as soon as there was some news to be shared. Even if they cannot answer too many questions a message that said, hey guys we will start testing the Royal Restoration spell soon in Beta would have made people aware to keep an eye on Beta forums. Just because some of us read the Beta forums doesn't mean it should replace official announcements.

DeletedUser5306

Yes I would have like that as well. As this is a long standing promise I would have expected them keep their word and inform us as soon as there was some news to be shared. Even if they cannot answer too many questions a message that said, hey guys we will start testing the Royal Restoration spell soon in Beta would have made people aware to keep an eye on Beta forums. Just because some of us read the Beta forums doesn't mean it should replace official announcements.

It is exactly what I meant, thank you LadyH :)

DeletedUser5976

Ahh
Time zones come into play folks
Please be patient
This is the International server and I suspect our CM is abed
Hmm Heymrdiedier told us last week tuesday that there was talk about royal restoration spell on the Beta forums. So nope not buying the time zones thingy.

DeletedUser5976

are you guys aware that the royal restorarion spell is also undergoing some changes as we speak?
the description of the spell changed, stating now that you need to have 1 spell for every tile of the building you want to upgrade.
So now there are questions of how many restoration spells we will get from A blueprint, and how many will be in the 10th chest in the future.

See here

Deleted User - 341074

Did none of you watch the Facebook live Q&A the other day? They said they Alpha tested the RR spell and everything worked but were probably going to wait until after the holidays to release it on beta because the programmers who would have to deal with bugs won't be working.

When Marindor posted :
  • We will be testing the new Royal Restoration spell very soon on Beta. You can already see some preparations for this in the game, e.g. chapter icons for event buildings.
I think it's just pointing out that preparations are being made and by now that word "soon" has been proven to mean anything from 1 week for 6 months, so holding your breath might be a bad idea.

Then again, maybe it'll be released this afternoon:eek:

As for why they don't announce here, it's because something can go wrong. Better to announce on Beta where players expect bugs and delays than to tell millions of players on live servers that something is coming soon, and then not deliver.

Deleted User - 106219

Did none of you watch the Facebook live Q&A the other day?
You mean the one that was not announced (in the EN forum, Beta forum, or in the game)? I, for one, did not watch it because I didn't know about it. The only reason I even know there was a Q&A recently was because I saw it mentioned on the US forum. Assuming that we're taking about the same Q&A, that is.

I suspect I'm not the only one who didn't even know about the live Q&A you speak of.

Deleted User - 341074

@SoggyShorts What kept you? Good morning:)
There is now a chapter tag on my event buildings (n Beta)
Needed my morning coffee:D
I noticed the addition of assets, sadly I don't think this means anything else yet.
You mean the one that was not announced (in the EN forum, Beta forum, or in the game)? I, for one, did not watch it because I didn't know about it. The only reason I even know there was a Q&A recently was because I saw it mentioned on the US forum. Assuming that we're taking about the same Q&A, that is.

I suspect I'm not the only one who didn't even know about the live Q&A you speak of.
Ouch, I didn't realize that no one knew about it. Sometimes I get mixed up from US,Beta and EN forums. I thought @JackLuyt would have done his usual video summary for everyone on all forums by now.

Here you go:
Skip to 14:40

DeletedUser5976

Better to announce on Beta where players expect bugs and delays than to tell millions of players on live servers that something is coming soon, and then not deliver.
As far as the RR spell goes, that ship has sailed I'm afraid. And yeah we had no idea about this Q&A here.

Any information at this point is at least a glimmer of hope. And now we know I suppose.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser5976

Ah sorry y'all
I've been ill lately, both in the short run and long term sense. I will try harder to keep you informed. I knew but didn't have the energy to watch
Although I for one appreciate your efforts to keep us informed, it is not your job. The criticism wasn't aimed at you.

That also goes for any other Beta player who take the trouble to come here and share their knowledge with us.

The devs know how eagerly this feature is awaited. It shouldn't be left to chance.