• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Discussion News from Beta (may contain spoilers!)

Deleted User - 106219

The existance of the new units was announced in the Release Notes on Beta (https://beta.forum.elvenar.com/index.php?threads/release-notes-version-1-60.11161/#post-64315 )

If you want screenshots:
273 Poison Dryads.png
273 Poison Dryads seen in a World Map province

128 Frogs II.png
128 Frogs II seen in a tournament round.

DeletedUser6967

mobile has no chests, so I plead for the mobile users to return this to the older version (or, you know, just add a way of getting chests in mobile.)

Deleted User - 106219

The new race jhas arrived on Beta. You need at least 320 completed provinces for it.

Tonton-des-bois

Illusionist
Yes, they are called The Amuni but the look and god's names are Ancient Egypt like ...

The max size of the map is expanded one row but atm we don't know if we'll get more province or tech tree expansions or if this feature is only for pleasing rich players... So, still same two-faced absurd speech : the poor ones can't gain expansions from the provinces because "the game is sucking when visiting big cities" buuuuut the rich ones can buy another row... another cashcow logic from Inno...

Last edited:

Killiak

Artisan
Seems you will need to connect your residences and workshops to the Amuni buildings, the AW's will go to lvl 30 AND there's tier 2 Sentient goods.

All the stuff we lack space for. Huzzah. XD

Tonton-des-bois

Illusionist
I confirm... from the game's files, goldsmith 5x5 will need connexion to Amuni's residences and Trap maker 5x5 will be connected to amuni's WS... but I don't see where it's a problem...
I don't know how the tech tree will be but as we'll have 6 months to complete the chapter, this shouldn't be a problem... enlight me if I"m wrong ;)

Killiak

Artisan
One City expansion in the entire tree.

Dang Inno, throw us some love here. Space is tight enough as it is!

Jackluyt

Shaman
All about the new Guest Race - you are welcome to share it with your friends who don't play on Beta.
Please give it a Like and Share on YouTube if you want to see more News videos like this.

Lelanya

Mentor
Maybe we do know. Another row and only two premium expansions means there is space left over. Are we breaking the 457 barrier then?

------------------

And 4 mandatory squad size upgrades mean I am AMing some pretty disappointed tourneyers right now! @Muf-Muf will there be balancing changes for our leaders? Cheaper provinces or research clawbacks?

Last edited by a moderator:

Jackluyt

Shaman
And 4 mandatory squad size upgrades mean I am AMing some pretty disappointed tourneyers right now! @Muf-Muf will there be balancing changes for our leaders? Cheaper provinces or research clawbacks?

Yes please!
I used to do 24 Tournament provinces - now I struggle to do more than 16 - and after four more squad upgrades that will get even worse.
At present I am spending 40 000 goods on a single encounter - and that is ridiculous.

I wish they would let us buy back the 'optional' squad upgrades on the tech tree (undo them). I would gladly play Blueprints for this - of even Diamonds if the amount was not excessive.

Or as you say, a rebalancing is really overdue. It is unfair that a player in Chapter IV can do 25 Tournament provinces easily - while I struggle to do half as many.

Could someone pass this to the design team please - and ask if they are going to fix it?

Thanks!

DeletedUser5976

Chapter IV can do 25 Tournament provinces
Hmm to be able to do that, that player needs to overscout a lot. And then spend a lot of goods (for him it would be a lot of goods) to unlock those provinces as fighting them having skipped all the voluntary SS upgrades would be impossible. At chapter VI and having started skipping SS upgrades in chapter V, I cannot yet open more than 16 provinces as I don't have more.

Having said that, it would be nice if the tourneys would be a little more balanced. Perhaps the formula of the costs can be tweaked somewhat.

Last edited by a moderator:

Killiak

Artisan
Having said that, it would be nice if the tourneys would be a little more balanced. Perhaps the formula of the costs can be tweaked somewhat.

It's terribly simple, and it has been suggested to @Muf-Muf already. Simply ONLY include the mandatory squad upgrades in the formula for the tourney

Means everybody has the same starting position, no matter where you are in the game.

LazyTony

Sorcerer
Means everybody has the same starting position, no matter where you are in the game.
That isn't true. With later chapters having 3 mandatory squad upgrades a player ends up weaker at tourneys by the end of the chapter than he\she was at the start, even after possible barrack\merc camp\training grounds\factory upgrades.

Its a start for sure, it is particularly unfair to penalise players for optional squad upgrades that had no known effect on tourneys when players chose to complete them. However, even after removing optional squad techs from the calculations, lower chapter players will find tourneys easier than late game players.

Killiak

Artisan
That isn't true.

Instead of naysaying, feel free to come up with a better solution then.

On top of that, Elvenar devs have already shown they are capable of taking tech chapter and/or tech completion into account within the game, which means they can fully adress the issue you mentioned.
Which makes your concern a non-issue.

LazyTony

Sorcerer
It's a start Killiak - it makes things fairer, but it doesn't fix the broken tournament balance between chapters. Your suggestion is also quick and easy to implement, and I would welcome it. But a long hard look needs to be taken at the whole calculation system. On the basis that if we ask for something simple we have a batter chance of it happening, bring on your suggestion by all means.