• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Discussion News from Beta (may contain spoilers!)

Jackluyt

Shaman
Does the double goods bonus also work on manufactories that are producing sentient goods ?

Yesterday's special was T1 only and today's is T2.
So your Sentient Factories will only get a bonus if they are making the lower tier, not Sentients as such.

Timneh

Artisan
I have just been reading the Beta forum and i saw the post from Marindor stating that sentient goods should also be boosted.

Timneh

Artisan
I think they are trying to find ways of slowing players down doing chapters so i doubt they will give double KP days.

Jackluyt

Shaman
Here is today's Elvenar 5th Birthday Celebration event in Beta server; expect this in the live Worlds soon.

98180802_10216777459409455_3875540314793967616_n.jpg

Hekata

Artisan
Obviously it can always be better, but given how everything has been nerfed lately I think this is pretty good. We finally get those double production days I have been inquiring about for a while now, we get a challenge which is always easy to do and we get a good looking prize. Granted I wish it had better pop, since we can't have more than 1 of this I see no reason for it not to be a very good pop/culture building.

Last edited:

Pauly7

Magus
I think it's decent in comparison to when they give us a Christmas present and it turns out to be some offensive Unicorn, haha. At least they've made a new building with some interesting artwork. Doubles days are always nice to have on top too.

Hekata

Artisan
Ah the traditional Christmas (and black Friday) unicorn... I never understood why it has always to be a unicorn. Why can't it me a different thing every year? It can still be a small 2x1 culture just not always a unicorn. Dears make more sense for Christmas or a little snow man, a tree, a small fountain, owls perched on a tree, a sledge... just to stay on the Winter-Christmas theme although I personally don't like the winter themed events that much.

Paladestar

Enchanter
people just love to collect unicorns, it stats don't matter.

Not everyone are stat freaks like us, most arent.
Blasphemy! Stats are life! ;)

The new building has too much culture and not enough population to justify me placing it and I have a mountain of goods saved up and it is ever-growing, so a double-goods day is going to go completely unnoticed.

Gotta be something Inno can do so that players in the last few chapters can feel involved? :confused:

Pauly7

Magus
There will be, if the double days include sentient goods.
I imagined that they wouldn't do a boost day that excludes the early chapter players (even though I don't see why they shouldn't), but happily I seem to be wrong on that if Marindor has hinted that it will happen.

m4rt1n

Adept
It is the 5th anniversary, so if a new player misses out on one of the days boosters, I doubt very much it would cause a raucous, sentient goods is the norm for anyone who has played the game half that time and more. :)

Free diamonds for days played would be nice, based on the main city if a player has multiple cities.

CrazyWizard

Shaman
One diamond for each day you've been playing the game?... Yeah I'll take that. :D

that would be so nice, and not even that overpowered.
I just calculated, I played since the 4th of october 2015 and including today I play for 1291 days.

Un fortunatly we can keep dreaming, as they will never do that, but it would have been an awesome reward for showing the gratitude for sticking this long with the game.

AstralSoul

Illusionist
I think it's decent in comparison to when they give us a Christmas present and it turns out to be some offensive Unicorn, haha. At least they've made a new building with some interesting artwork. Doubles days are always nice to have on top too.

Man... it was a symbolic gift from INNO, right @Silmaril ? At least, I saw it as such, "Candy Cane" Unicorn. They gave us all a candy cane on x-mas day. What is offensive there? Santa didn't bring a fire duck, but hey, we happened to be able to "breed" some more, haven't we;)

@CrazyWizard did you ever play these type of games with other companies in the last five years? INNO gives diamonds (okay, they drained our wells, but farms were too much), most companies, do not give you a single "diamond", ever, nor buffs, etc. The best prize, was one game I played that allowed you to use 10 Phoenician's ships for free for a week (that's like... half unicorn?)

CrazyWizard

Shaman
Man... it was a symbolic gift from INNO, right @Silmaril ? At least, I saw it as such, "Candy Cane" Unicorn. They gave us all a candy cane on x-mas day. What is offensive there? Santa didn't bring a fire duck, but hey, we happened to be able to "breed" some more, haven't we;)

@CrazyWizard did you ever play these type of games with other companies in the last five years? INNO gives diamonds (okay, they drained our wells, but farms were too much), most companies, do not give you a single "diamond", ever, nor buffs, etc. The best prize, was one game I played that allowed you to use 10 Phoenician's ships for free for a week (that's like... half unicorn?)

Yes and no, Anno Online had a ruby generator, you had to put in some invenstment one time and then over time you got double what you put into it, it was a slow process but it granted a nice amount of ruby's. off course you had to save up half that amount again for reinvest in the genrator (dont know its real name I always called it the generator)

Uplay store (for computer games) also has some way to generate credits you can spend in games and stores. every weekend they send a out a game you can play and in those games you can reached achievements that generate credits.

I have played a elvenar clone for a while which gave out slowly but surely payed units, my collegue plays some PvP game and it gives credits away (slowly)
I tried game of thrones online and it seems to give away payed items (slowly)
Oh and mobile, Pokemon Go (50 coins a day max) is the 3rd most profitable game ever and past 2 years it improves revenue and is always in the top 3 best earning games of that year, sevaral nintendo games including fire emblem, and I tried garden scape (big fail) but gave away ingame credits but slowly

I see a trend here, giving it away aint an issue as long as the proces is slow and tedious. it gives the players a little taste of what it can do with premium currency and hooks them onto it, leading to more spending.

Last edited: