• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Discussion News from Beta (may contain spoilers!)

Pauly7

Magus
Well in fact one will have to wait a lot longer than Orcs -the upgrade requires Sentient Goods which are only available in Chapter XII.
:)
It is not bothering me though - the upgrades only give extra Coins to Abyss not Population, and a small (2%) increase to Training Speed in Needles - neither of which particularly interest me.
Oh I'm really excited to upgrade my Needles further, even for just extra training speed. For me Needles is the most important AW in the game and anything I can do to increase training speed is gratefully received.

DeletedUser7526

Well in fact one will have to wait a lot longer than Orcs -the upgrade requires Sentient Goods which are only available in Chapter XII.
:)
It is not bothering me though - the upgrades only give extra Coins to Abyss not Population, and a small (2%) increase to Training Speed in Needles - neither of which particularly interest me.
Is that 2% increase per level. Or for all the levels 31-35. And is that the case with FA and Vic springs as well. Thanks for answering. (Below 30th level, it’s a 2.5% increase per level. I’m really interested in the new numbers, please :)

AstralSoul

Illusionist
Oh I'm really excited to upgrade my Needles further, even for just extra training speed. For me Needles is the most important AW in the game and anything I can do to increase training speed is gratefully received.

I know right? I am in woodelves... and I am going all the way to level 30...now, level 35... I am patient. (All others are level 7 for the cool ones, level 6 for the not-so-cool. I am in woodelves.

needles.JPG

Edit: I saw the put a "sentient RSS ring" for level 31 and up. I understand golden abyss for push accounts, but I wish it wasn't true for Needles (I assume it will.) Well, up to 30 then.

Jackluyt

Shaman
Is that 2% increase per level. Or for all the levels 31-35.
And is that the case with FA and Vic springs as well.

Per level - and I can only speak for the level 31 upgrade as yet.
I do not have the other wonders you mention at level 30 yet so can't comment.

DeletedUser7526

Level 31 is a rune level, so the other levels probably give a smaller increase if the existing upgrade pattern still holds. .
Just a guess. If a rune level is 2%. Other levels will be 1% ( if previous AW pattern holds)
So I would say 6% increase for cumulative 30-35 levels. Compared to 15% (rune phase + 4 levels) increase for levels lower than 30

Hekata

Artisan
Just a guess. If a rune level is 2%. Other levels will be 1% ( if previous AW pattern holds)
So I would say 6% increase for cumulative 30-35 levels. Compared to 15% (rune phase + 4 levels) increase for levels lower than 30
Sounds plausible. We'll have to wait for them to update the wiki pages to be sure. I wonder why they didn't do it for all other wonders instead of completely disregarding 1 effect. They could have increased it all just at a slower rate.

Gargon667

Mentor
Well in a way I understand the pop and culture AWs that give a percentage of what is needed. It would eventually lead to a situation where you reached 100% meaning you have unlimited population. That is of course not the intention to be able to build 2 pop and 2 culture AWs and then plaster your city with as many factories/armories as you have space for. Even if you could get close to that scenario (like 90%) it would completely destroy the game.
I am only surprised Inno prevents that from happening early, usually they fail to plan ahead and after it starts to get exploited they nerf the offending building... So I guess this is a good thing :) Let people that care for ranking spend the extra diamonds on it, without actually imbalancing the game much.
I suppose the less powerful AWs get their normal improvements? But really what AW that does not offer training speed or damage or a percentage of pop or Culture is worth upgrading to more than 21? It will be a couple more years before I get that bored...

Jackluyt

Shaman
Fifth Anniversary Celebration!

There is an Elvenar Fifth Anniversary Celebration that started in Beta, including a Manufacturing Challenge, the chance to win a Unicorn Glade hybrid building, as well as a Double Goods Manufacturing Day (Marble, Steel & Planks).

I don't see it in the Live Worlds - I am presuming that they can't run two promotions at once (no space for two banners at the top of screen) - so we will have to wait till the May Celebrations is over.

I am so glad they are giving us double the normal goods today! It used to be triple - but hey I have missed this promotion; we have not had one for ages!!
They are FUN - which is often lacking from the game recently.

:):)

97931089_10216761064599595_5196287000772083712_o.jpg

Elvenar Platinum Leaf is a growing free-to-join public Facebook group.
You are welcome to join us to discuss all the latest news.

Julian

Sorcerer
We haven't had a crafting challenge for some time. And it's good that the reward is improved from the carting library. ... Now they just need to improve the rewards for the FA.

Errandil

Conjurer
We haven't had a crafting challenge for some time. And it's good that the reward is improved from the carting library. ... Now they just need to improve the rewards for the FA.
Tbh I'd prefer library, and I could guess that I'm not alone, since the prize building could find a place in the city only for how it looks, the stats are not stellar. But overall yay, I'm glad that we'll get something different to do and it's not another FA after the current event.

Hekata

Artisan
I like the carting library a lot. I like this building too, for its looks mostly ofc, but I hope the libraries are not gone for good.

Pauly7

Magus
I like a lot of things about this:
  • Crafting Challenge. It has been a long time so is now something more 'fresh'. The big gripe was that there wasn't anything worth winning in them, but this is a nice little thing to aim for.
  • Fellowship Adventure (presumably) not happening after this event. I have come to enjoy FAs, but there definitely needed to be a break.
  • Double manufacturing day - It's been so long and so will be a good morale booster
  • I really love the artwork of this new building (I'm ignoring the shiny glowing unicorns at the bottom, haha). It's a pity the population stat is poor, but it gives me something to want more than anything in either of the last two main events.
So it's a thumbs up from me. :thumbsupemoji:

Julian

Sorcerer
I like a lot of things about this:
  • Fellowship Adventure (presumably) not happening after this event. I have come to enjoy FAs, but there definitely needed to be a break.

It may only be delaying the FA by a week. It used to be the case that the order was event -- crafting challenge -- FA.

Gargon667

Mentor
I always liked the challenges, so happy to get one again, I guess they are no big money earners for Inno, so they now only use them for special occasions like this one. Also intersting is that they kind of mixed the challenge with a mini event into one thing (the prize would be a typical mini event prize)

The prize, well a carting library would have been more useful for sure, but at least the idea of a pop/cult hybrid as a challenge prize is good (feels more valuable than a 2x1), maybe next time they give it useful stats? Like this it will unfortunately never get a place in my city, except for maybe a situation when instant pop is needed, just to be deleted again asap...

Double production day? I don´t have factories worth mentioning anymore, at least I still have the 2, I put in for the event lol... but anyway, will be nice for small towns.

I don´t mind having the FA a week later, I do love them, but when it comes to FAs I think less quantity and more quality is the way to go. 1 every other month was perfect. It feels like mass production now, rather than art ;)

Jackluyt

Shaman
Here is Tuesday's offering (in Beta) to celebrate Elvenar's 5th birthday - double Crystal, Scrolls and Silk production.

98089028_10216768931756269_5108205480753233920_n.jpg

CrazyWizard

Shaman

For me flying academy, 4 of my 5 best units come from the mercanary camp.
Wel actually there are 4 important wonders for me, Needles, Flying Academy and Victory Springs. the 4th is needed to handle these 3 and thats the Shrine of the Shrewdy Shrooms
As lengthen training time is just as important and speeding it up.

CrazyWizard

Shaman
It may only be delaying the FA by a week. It used to be the case that the order was event -- crafting challenge -- FA.

We have seen cases of event-event and then a FSA with both runes of the previous 2 events as rewards, so that scenario is not unthinkable.