• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Discussion News from Beta (may contain spoilers!)

Hekata

Artisan
I definitely like the graphics of the set and the whole idea of air ships. Also yaaay there is no shuffle board! I have to wait and see that the set produces. But so far so good.

Edit: @Pauly7 they are airships, they don't need a coastline :D

Last edited:

Pauly7

Magus
I see what you're saying. It looks like the dock of a bay though.

I still don't like it. Makes it simple for me. I am wondering what size this is though. It looks big.

Hekata

Artisan
It's 8x6 when assembled. It does give a decent amount of T2 + coins and supplies, a couple of kps. I don't really need more T2 but I might build it just for the looks and coins / supplies. If I can find space for it that is. There are also some stand alone new pieces (pop + culture) (also air ships) that I might fit in if don't have space for the set.

Last edited:

Hekata

Artisan
I agree about the currency in the chests, I like having that option.

@Pauly7 good news, we're getting an event building that produces orcs! Independent from the set. I like how it looks too. It's still an airship though so not sure if it will pass your aesthetic criteria :p

Errandil

Conjurer
I'm starting to feel like I'm a very negative person, but the events and prizes are really underwhelming for quite some time now. Maybe we'll at least get the time boosters as a daily this event? As a side note yay for no FA with the may tree artifacts, the break from them is a good thing.

Hekata

Artisan
AFAIK, the orc density there is the same as in craftable Orc Nests.
True, but it doesn't hurt to have bit of diversity in orc producing buildings. Some players play the game only in terms of production per tile per hour (or pop/culture per tile), I like the aesthetics of it as well :)

Pauly7

Magus
True, but it doesn't hurt to have bit of diversity in orc producing buildings. Some players play the game only in terms of production per tile per hour (or pop/culture per tile), I like the aesthetics of it as well :)
I agree. If I'm to try to produce so many Orcs I need to have some variation in doing it... much like with mana or seeds. Also I tend to find the Magic Academy very unforthcoming with its Orc Nests.

DeletedUser9231

Are time boosters and Wishing Wells dropped from all events now? I'm currently at a point where my military is pretty much redundant since I can only win battles in the first few provinces of tournaments, yet there seems to be an abundance of military units to win!
I've been playing for nearly a year now and all I see is the devs taking more and more away from the game and changing parameters to considerably slow things down! Even the evolving buildings in the last and current event seem somewhat less useful than previous offerings.

Pauly7

Magus
Are time boosters and Wishing Wells dropped from all events now?
It certainly looks that way. Plenty of time boosters can be won in the Spire though, to support the rest of your endeavours.
I'm currently at a point where my military is pretty much redundant since I can only win battles in the first few provinces of tournaments, yet there seems to be an abundance of military units to win!
I wonder why. This could be the thing to address though, especially if you are saying that being given new troops does not help. Craft temporary military upgrade buildings and use them in tournaments, along with Dwarven Armourers. Also always feed your Fire Phoenix if you have one. The other option is to upgrade the Ancient Wonders that enhance military attack strength. A good Sanctuary / Martial Monastery will also prove very important.

C-Nymph

Necromancer
I'm currently at a point where my military is pretty much redundant since I can only win battles in the first few provinces of tournaments, yet there seems to be an abundance of military units to win!
I wonder why. This could be the thing to address though, especially if you are saying that being given new troops does not help. Craft temporary military upgrade buildings and use them in tournaments, along with Dwarven Armourers. Also always feed your Fire Phoenix if you have one. The other option is to upgrade the Ancient Wonders that enhance military attack strength. A good Sanctuary / Martial Monastery will also prove very important.
And don't unlock the optional squad size upgrade techs in the tree, if you have done that up to this point. It's never too late to stop doing that! ;)

And apart from the Sanctuary/Martial Monastery AW which boosts the health of all your troops, you might also want to look at the AWs that boost the damages of certain troops: Needles of the Tempest for Light Ranged units damage boost, Heroes' Forge for Heavy Melee units, Dragon Abbey for Mage units, Temple of the Toads for Heavy Ranged units, and Victory Springs for Light Melee units.

I took the liberty of visiting you on ElvenStats (EN1 server, correct?) and saw that you are currently in Chapter 8, which means you should have a couple of those AWs unlocked in the tech tree. I then also loaded your city onto ElvenArchitect and saw that if you were to rearrange a little (buildings connected to roads with short sides only, no pure culture buildings connected to road, etc), you could easily fit in a Needles, Martial Monastery, and Dwarven Bulwark! And you'd even have room to fit in a Heroes' Forge once you've unlocked the AWs at the end of chapter 8 :)

Will be happy to send you the link of the rearranged layout if you're interested.

Jackluyt

Shaman
For the duration of the Air Trader event, Crafting’s Mystery Object also gives Fuel Crystals.
If you don’t particularly want these, you can hold off collecting until after the event. The Mystery Objects stack one on top of the next, so you lose nothing.

Read more about the event here: https://tinyurl.com/y9cfxj9x

83211306_10216896080254902_5178399424056918016_n.jpg

Hekata

Artisan
Ok, thanks! I really like some of those airships (for the looks, the stats are not that great ofc), and since there is no shuffle board this time I can't wait for it to start. After a long time I'm finally a bit excited about an event :)

AstralSoul

Illusionist
I actually it prefer it being there. I understand a lot of people campaigned for it to be removed, but even if I hate an event and the prizes to win I would still like more chances to open chests and pick up titbits.

Another odd one that prefers the event currency in the MO like me. I am stalling since Valentine's in there haha.