• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Discussion News from Beta (may contain spoilers!)

Pauly7

Magus
I've looked at the numbers from the Air Traders Set and I've come to the conclusion that I can't really imagine anyone having a good reason for building it, save perhaps for some people in low chapters if they have the space.

Of the 5 buildings, the two that produce supplies and coins are worthless. Their output is less than a chapter level residence or workshop. I considered that the most sensible thing would be to build the other three buildings in a 4x5 rectangle. Doing this still gives the maximum goods set bonuses and you only miss out on a couple of KP and the aforementioned supplies/coins. However... even like this it offers less T2 goods than a manufactory a couple of chapters behind.

Thinking outside the box I suppose it may work for people needing to save on the population that building manufactories would cost. I think that's the only time it would even become something to consider.

I will wait to see, but unless they beef these numbers up before it hits the live servers then I don't see much point to it. The culture/pop daily prizes that I've seen so far also struggle to offer as much population as residences. I was slightly intrigued by the Orc Ship, but that only matches the Orc Nest for output and doesn't have the same early-collect option.

It's been discussed before that event prizes are less good because of double the number of events, but if the buildings are half as good then having twice as many does not make up for it.

Gargon667

Mentor
For the duration of the Air Trader event, Crafting’s Mystery Object also gives Fuel Crystals.
If you don’t particularly want these, you can hold off collecting until after the event. The Mystery Objects stack one on top of the next, so you lose nothing.

Read more about the event here: https://tinyurl.com/y9cfxj9x

83211306_10216896080254902_5178399424056918016_n.jpg

I hate that! 3 weeks of no collecting MOs :( Well at least it´s a fun rush after the event is over :D

Gargon667

Mentor
Another odd one that prefers the event currency in the MO like me. I am stalling since Valentine's in there haha.
what are you stalling it for??? There is nothing in the event of any use whatsoever! Slight exaggeration, I know: Well nothing better than what you get from an MO! The only thing you can do is downgrade your winnings from an MO (which hasn´t been nerfed yet) to these useless events we now have...

CrazyWizard

Shaman
Another odd one that prefers the event currency in the MO like me. I am stalling since Valentine's in there haha.

Guess I am the odd one as well then, I to am happy its back, I currently have stocked 75 chests on one account and 11 on the other.

The smaller one I started saving them since phoenix since obviously on a new world I wanted that phoenix, the other world I am saving them since before autumn at least, not sure how far before that but almost a year or so now.
It aint a lot but each bit helps.

what are you stalling it for??? There is nothing in the event of any use whatsoever! Slight exaggeration, I know: Well nothing better than what you get from an MO! The only thing you can do is downgrade your winnings from an MO (which hasn´t been nerfed yet) to these useless events we now have...
I hate that! 3 weeks of no collecting MOs :( Well at least it´s a fun rush after the event is over :D

Yes I am stalling for it for a long long long time, just in case there will the this awesome event somewhere in the future, than those chest might be just the nudge I need to get that prize I want.

buying event currency is very expensive so I prefer not to buy them,

Gargon667

Mentor
Are time boosters and Wishing Wells dropped from all events now? I'm currently at a point where my military is pretty much redundant since I can only win battles in the first few provinces of tournaments, yet there seems to be an abundance of military units to win!
I've been playing for nearly a year now and all I see is the devs taking more and more away from the game and changing parameters to considerably slow things down! Even the evolving buildings in the last and current event seem somewhat less useful than previous offerings.

The military has gotten nothing but upgrades over the last year and a half (contrary to catering, which has gotten pretty close to nothing). Tourney scores have skyrocketed, just look at elvenstats!
I personally felt good about a 5k average a year ago (I was by far best in my FS). Now I do 10k minimum (am about 3rd in my FS) and if the clicking wasn´t breaking my fingers off (just did 17k last Steel) I would have a higher average than I do now. So yes the only limit to tourney scores nowadays is mental toughness of the boredom of thousand and thousands of repetitive clicks and physical finger muscles to make it through. And of course the availability of provinces. I could do all my provinces 6 times every week, if the programming of tourneys wasn´t so click heavy.

So if you find it harder than before, I suggest you employ some of all those upgrades we have access to nowadays... and you´ll coast along just fine again. Fire Phoenix, Brown Bear, Crafting military buildings, chapter 14 AWs, the whole of chapter 15 (barracks, merc camp, 3 star units), the spire (300+ diamonds, unilimited crafting and 2 days worth of extra troops every week).

Gargon667

Mentor
Yes I am stalling for it for a long long long time, just in case there will the this awesome event somewhere in the future, than those chest might be just the nudge I need to get that prize I want.

buying event currency is very expensive so I prefer not to buy them,

Ah well if you are stalling them for a future event sure, I thought someone was stalling them for this event lol... I doubt you will ever use those MOs, but sure there is a theoretical chance for it :D
There has been 1 event in history (OK the history I remember) where this would have been a good idea: First Phoenix event had a chance for more than 1 Fire Phoenix but only through buying insane amounts of event currency. Your MOs would have been at least a chance for that (don´t remember if they would have been enough).
Since then there have been many events, most of them have not offered anything worth saving for. The Bear event, needed no such fancy tactics, it had a endless quest line, making 1000 event currency was the work of a couple hours playing.
They have now limited the Fire Phoenix to 1 per town, I assume the same will be the case for the brown (and maybe polar) bears if they bring them back at all.

Hoping for something like unlimited Fire Phoenixes to occur again takes serious optimism :D But if it does, I will be the first to congratulate you on superior tactics and planning!

Buying event currency? Do I really want to turn real life money into Rune Shards 788 and 543 for AWs that already are lvl 26+ or even better for AWs I am never polanning to build at all, so I can then turn them into broken shards for the lvl 26+ AWs??? Gahhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gargon667

Mentor
Of the 5 buildings, the two that produce supplies and coins are worthless. Their output is less than a chapter level residence or workshop. I considered that the most sensible thing would be to build the other three buildings in a 4x5 rectangle. Doing this still gives the maximum goods set bonuses and you only miss out on a couple of KP and the aforementioned supplies/coins. However... even like this it offers less T2 goods than a manufactory a couple of chapters behind.

Did I just answer this? I thought so, but can´t see it anymore, maybe I forgot to send it earlier...

Anyway: One thing you absolutely have to include in calculations, if you talk about efficiency per square: Factories and WS require lots of Population and Culture (culture comes cheap nowadays, so can be ignored, unless you actually build culture only buildings). As a minimum you have to include the amount of space necessary to produce the population necessary to build your factory (use the pop/square of your main pop producing building: residence or event building or magic residence) to calculate number of square and add them to the number of squares of your factory/WS.
You will see immediately, that event buildings/sets/evolving buildings are actually much better than standard factories. The same is true for this building set.

Btw just as an addon: Some of those event buildings actually add Population on top of their production (like the evolves), in this case you can substract a certain number of squares from their footprint (again related to pop/square of your pop buildings), that makes them even more superior to other buildings. Which is also why so far all evolving buildings have been superior to standard buildings (and even most other event buildings) contrary to the very bad name they have. I have them all (except the valentines, because I really don´t need more Mana/Seeds right now) and upgrade them all every chapter.
And as an addition to that: The May Tree and Coldfire are slightly below factory efficiency if only looking at Pop/Cult/Sentient Production, but if you include the other boni, they still rock (like KP, supplies, the Seeds for the sentient production, that you save etc)

Pauly7

Magus
Did I just answer this? I thought so, but can´t see it anymore, maybe I forgot to send it earlier...
Yeah you did. We're talking on two different threads now. I agreed, in principle, but it's only valid for maximum efficiency if people do not have an excess of population. Thinking like that, I can see how it would work for people... so long as the stupid coin and supplies buildings are discluded!

Which is also why so far all evolving buildings have been superior to standard buildings
Unless they look like the Gingerbread Mansion! To me that is a big minus. I wouldn't build that monstrosity no matter what it was offering! ;)

Gargon667

Mentor
Yeah you did. We're talking on two different threads now.

sorry for that I will stop posting over there now!

Thinking like that, I can see how it would work for people... so long as the stupid coin and supplies buildings are discluded!

Unless they look like the Gingerbread Mansion! To me that is a big minus. I wouldn't build that monstrosity no matter what it was offering! ;)

Just to point out how much of a difference the population makes: The entire set even including the 2 trash buildings, would still be equal to a factory on the most efficient level (not necessarily max level) running on 100% Magic Population! This is the absoltely best case scenario for factories. Anything less, like factories running on regular pop will be worse. It seems incredible, but I did the math three times. Notwithstanding that. You can double the efficiency of the set again by getting rid of the 2 trash buildings as you suggest. And yes, I do like maths, otherwise I would surely not do all this ;)

Pauly7

Magus
Just to point out how much of a difference the population makes: The entire set even including the 2 trash buildings, would still be equal to a factory on the most efficient level (not necessarily max level) running on 100% Magic Population!
Oh I do appreciate the maths. I skew the system, though, by wanting things to look right. The equation I try to juggle in my head is how much I want the extra efficiency compared to how much more I like that level 21 crystal manu to be sat there than a cramped part-Air Traders set. That's much more difficult to calculate!

On a different note, there is a lot of easy event currency on offer in this event. People won't have any trouble winning almost all of the daily prizes... if they want them.

Gargon667

Mentor
Oh I do appreciate the maths. I skew the system, though, by wanting things to look right. The equation I try to juggle in my head is how much I want the extra efficiency compared to how much more I like that level 21 crystal manu to be sat there than a cramped part-Air Traders set. That's much more difficult to calculate!

Oh absolutely that is Math way above my paygrade! I hope you find the right solution to that equation :)

I am lucky in that I have no qualms about trashing pretty things. I am an Orc (Strategist). I generally love trashing things, pretty things even more so. As long as my factories pump out more weapons (or goods to buy weapons with if I can´t make or steal them) I am in Orc heaven. Also may have to do with my plan for this event: An Orc farm! We have to be more Orcs so we can conquer everything hahahahaaaaa!

CrazyWizard

Shaman
Ah well if you are stalling them for a future event sure, I thought someone was stalling them for this event lol... I doubt you will ever use those MOs, but sure there is a theoretical chance for it :D
There has been 1 event in history (OK the history I remember) where this would have been a good idea: First Phoenix event had a chance for more than 1 Fire Phoenix but only through buying insane amounts of event currency. Your MOs would have been at least a chance for that (don´t remember if they would have been enough).
Since then there have been many events, most of them have not offered anything worth saving for. The Bear event, needed no such fancy tactics, it had a endless quest line, making 1000 event currency was the work of a couple hours playing.
They have now limited the Fire Phoenix to 1 per town, I assume the same will be the case for the brown (and maybe polar) bears if they bring them back at all.

Hoping for something like unlimited Fire Phoenixes to occur again takes serious optimism :D But if it does, I will be the first to congratulate you on superior tactics and planning!

Buying event currency? Do I really want to turn real life money into Rune Shards 788 and 543 for AWs that already are lvl 26+ or even better for AWs I am never polanning to build at all, so I can then turn them into broken shards for the lvl 26+ AWs??? Gahhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The "unlimited quest" era is gone, imagine a bear like event returns but this time with a limited amount of currency.

We have had so many special events with true winners.

Harvest set (pet name "the superset", look it up on elvenstats /architect)
Winter set
Fire Phoenix
Bears

Each of these buildings of the past years are still in my town

It's not a question of another "good" building will come, but when, and I prefer to be ready when that arrives. so I am very happy those chest currency rewards returned.

Gargon667

Mentor
The "unlimited quest" era is gone, imagine a bear like event returns but this time with a limited amount of currency.

We have had so many special events with true winners.

Harvest set (pet name "the superset", look it up on elvenstats /architect)
Winter set
Fire Phoenix
Bears

Each of these buildings of the past years are still in my town

It's not a question of another "good" building will come, but when, and I prefer to be ready when that arrives. so I am very happy those chest currency rewards returned.

Well I am not sure about whether when or if ;) But I would agree it is likely that there will be a good one again some day. However, I have always gotten every grandprize and all necessary evolves in every event, without ever needing more event currency than the event offered. I have started to do less than possible in some events just to be able to use the evolves from the following FA haha. And the events currently are designed to be finished by everybody, so the time until it becomes a challenge to finish again (and at the same time offering an important prize), might be very long... certainly longer than I want to sit on 500 MOs

Just for curiosity, which one is the super set? The grand prize or the daily prize set? I liked them both, but unfortunately I got rid of them long before RR spells (I had them very low level as that was my first ever event). But yes you bet, I would upgrade them both from chapter 1 to 16 (well eventually that truly would be a long-term project). Currently I think about doing the old christmas tree set (nicely teleported away for now) from chapter 5 where it is now lol, I just don´t get the motivation up because I really don´t need the mana and that is the most fun part of it...

CrazyWizard

Shaman
Well I am not sure about whether when or if ;) But I would agree it is likely that there will be a good one again some day. However, I have always gotten every grandprize and all necessary evolves in every event, without ever needing more event currency than the event offered. I have started to do less than possible in some events just to be able to use the evolves from the following FA haha. And the events currently are designed to be finished by everybody, so the time until it becomes a challenge to finish again (and at the same time offering an important prize), might be very long... certainly longer than I want to sit on 500 MOs

Just for curiosity, which one is the super set? The grand prize or the daily prize set? I liked them both, but unfortunately I got rid of them long before RR spells (I had them very low level as that was my first ever event). But yes you bet, I would upgrade them both from chapter 1 to 16 (well eventually that truly would be a long-term project). Currently I think about doing the old christmas tree set (nicely teleported away for now) from chapter 5 where it is now lol, I just don´t get the motivation up because I really don´t need the mana and that is the most fun part of it...

Super set is the harvest set, the way we build it out of the box grants around 400-500k t1 a day on a tiny space.
It was the very first "good" set and we warped it into a supreme monstrosity. Up to this day I havent seen another similar configuration anywhere on any world outside of my (former) fellowship members "yet". we only disclosed this build after it was no longer possible to get the crucial parts which was day 6 or so

I was able to collect all of that with just an outpost (it was named some weird mirror or so at that popt) but several of my fellows who followed my lead spend quite a bit of money on it.
I think kritit & karat + superset accounted to the production equivalent of ~60 expansions!!!!! (at least at that time)

Thats an advantage that was so huge, I could easily offset my SS disadvantage and have solid leaderboard result every single week untill the bears came out as I could cater just that little bit extra that others could not.These day's it also helps me a lot to offset the massive requirments of goods in the spire where I easily spend 3-4m regular goods

When another special thing arrives it might be just enough to build another crazy set, aquire that second bear/phoenix or get another advantage form something we havent seen yet, whatever it might me, I am preparing myself for it.

Pauly7

Magus
When another special thing arrives it might be just enough to build another crazy set, aquire that second bear/phoenix or get another advantage form something we havent seen yet, whatever it might me, I am preparing myself for it.
Problem is, I think Inno is getting wiser in the level of rewards offered. I think it's likely that we will never see another goods producing set similar to that one or the Sun & Moon set or the Carnival set. If we see more sets I think the new norm will be more like what we see in the Air Traders. It also seems likely they will be keener to stop people from having many duplicate buildings like a lot of people won in the Mermaids event. They straight away admitted that they had got it wrong with the endless quests and didn't mean for people to be able to evolve 5 or 6 Mermaids buildings each.

CrazyWizard

Shaman
eventually they make something that we see ways to use it, beyond of what they were thinking of.
as some point they will make a mistake :p

I also still believe that it's nessesary for the game to keer (re)releasing pets to keep the game "fair"
When that time comes and if I want 2 of them, I want the ability to get them.

Pauly7

Magus
I also still believe that it's nessesary for the game to keer (re)releasing pets to keep the game "fair"
Not necessarily. Pet food is the best "balancing" tool that they have at their disposal. We don't need to see the Fire Phoenix come back. We just need to say another military evolving building of equal quality. They can then regulate the pet food so people cannot afford to keep them both fed.

(By the sound of it this may be what we are getting in the event after Air Traders, so I've heard... I'm not exactly sure how good it will be though.)

CrazyWizard

Shaman
Not necessarily. Pet food is the best "balancing" tool that they have at their disposal. We don't need to see the Fire Phoenix come back. We just need to say another military evolving building of equal quality. They can then regulate the pet food so people cannot afford to keep them both fed.

(By the sound of it this may be what we are getting in the event after Air Traders, so I've heard... I'm not exactly sure how good it will be though.)

Correct, we need more pets as a "rebalancer" if that is the return of old or new pets doesnt really matter as long as more military related pets are released in due time. up to a point where pet food can no longer sustain those buildings.

Julian

Sorcerer
We don't need to see the Fire Phoenix come back. We just need to say another military evolving building of equal quality.

We could have a pet that gives us 50% increase in health. That would be similar to a fire phoenix but not copying it.