• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

King Snow and the Snow Flurry

DeletedUser2920

I don't have the resources to trade either. To get the 1000 steel and wood took ages, I'm working on getting the 1000 marble. I have something like 5 marble right now, I have a bit of wood, and not much steel, I've been trying to get upgrades, but you have to spend the stuff you want to get in order to upgrade.

In Forge of Empires they made everything for the level you're at, it seems here that everyone has to do the same thing, so everyone has to do the same quest. On the American Forum this one was either this or get 250 snowflakes which would have been doable.

Timneh

Artisan
Does anyone know if when all 100 quests have been completed does the event finish or do the daily quests keep going for the whole event time ?

BekBel

Adventurer
Does anyone know if when all 100 quests have been completed does the event finish or do the daily quests keep going for the whole event time ?
The daily quests continue on, and you can still collect snowflakes from around your city, get the daily prizes, open gift boxes etc. You simply won't have a secondary questline to do any more.

Timneh

Artisan
Thanks BekBel that's good to know. I have almost finished the 100 quests and was going to hold back on a few of the bread productions until the end of the quest so i could still get the daily quests but i might as well complete them now.

Deleted User - 13667

Should it not start all over again as per other daily quests during such events...

Deleted User - 13667

I must say that hovering over the gift boxes between 1 minute - 10 minutes does not give much better chance at all. Done it 4 times. and i got rune shards, relics, snow globes & only 1x daily gift.

Seems like a scam on the comment to hover above the gift box for a better chance.:mad:

DeletedUser2920

I've clicked on a box three times and got what I wanted twice.

Tonton-des-bois

Illusionist
I must say that hovering over the gift boxes between 1 minute - 10 minutes does not give much better chance at all. Done it 4 times. and i got rune shards, relics, snow globes & only 1x daily gift.

Seems like a scam on the comment to hover above the gift box for a better chance.:mad:
Each time I click on a gift box when the seconds are reaching 00, I receive some extra cash on my bank account plus some diamonds and a nude chick with a Santa's cap ring at the door... but it could just be a coincidence... :D

BekBel

Adventurer

I hadn't heard about this. I would assume it's not true anyway, if it worked for somebody, it was likely just chance it happened that way for them.
No what seems to be a more common thing is, what you want and need is what is hard to get. I used the gift boxes for some of the relics quests, I got the relics in the end, but I did end up with 3 of those little temple of the flames! But then going for the lampion pond yesterday and I got three sets of relics straight up, and then some runes and then finally the prize.

Just like when you do NH, you need kp from chests? You're getting relics. You need relics? You're getting PoP spells. Need PoP spells? You're getting magical manufacturing spells.

DeletedUser2139

Guys I have a question. I've completed all the quests so far and been doing daily quests and gathering crystals around my city.
I managed to get first(Snow Flake Mountain) and second(Castle Snow Flake) grand prize buildings, but the third one seems impossible to get.
I still have 1440 snowflakes left that I can use. I'm just waiting the building I need to come up thats why I'm not spending them for now.

The last grand prize building called Tower of the Winter King requires 800 points to get, so If I spend all the snowflakes I got, I'll get like 200 points right?(I'm opening 140 snowflakes worth present only) If I get lucky and I get bonus snowflakes after openining the presents I'll get more than 200 but still not enough to get the last grand prize building.

Either there is something I don't know about how to get that 3rd and the biggest grand prize building or is it impossible to get without paying real money to buy snowflakes?

If its not possible to get without paying money then I'm really sad. Like super uber sad :(((( I know this game is free to play and company that made this amazing game needs to earn money, but at least there should be a way to get that building without paying money(doesn't matter how difficult it could be) instead of making it impossible to get, am i right?

Can some1 enlighten me about this ? You can see where I'm at on the event in the picture below.
As I said I've completed all the quests and only doing daily quests and gathering crystals around my city.

If this question of mine asked before and answered by the Elvenar team, please give me the link so that I can read it.

mkhg5z.jpg

Best regards,
Rose

DeletedUser

When doing these events most people will get the first 2 buildings, but to get the third you either need more luck than you've ever had before or use diamonds to buy more snowflakes. The team will tell you that it isn't impossible to get the third building without diamonds but there are very few, if any, who have got it without.

I have 3 cities, one has it because I bought diamonds which had a snowflake deal, however the other 2 don't have it, one is 430/800 with the main quest done and so is unlikely to get it as I won't do any more deals and the third city is 265/400 and may not get the second building although there is still a chance as the main quest still not finished.

Tonton-des-bois

Illusionist
I've seen that comment about buying the missing flakes to be able to get 3rd final reward... Really ? What for ?
It's seems that the average missing globes are about 400... to open the 20 chests, you'll need 2800 flakes that will cost 12,050. diamonds...
How many big nice premium culture buildings can you buy with that ?

Some said that, with lot of luck, you could gain enough globes to reach the 3rd reward if you get a lot of "win 140 flakes" or "win 200 flakes"... :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Timneh

Artisan
When i got the second grand prize i did some quick maths to see what i needed to get the 3rd. Taking into account how many snowflakes i still had and how many globes i had and i had finished all 100 main quests i worked out i would need to get 226 snowflakes per day to the end of the event to be able to get the 3rd grand prize. I don't think that is a realistic target when all i have is daily quests and snow crystals to gain snowflakes from. Like others have already said it will take incredible luck opening the prize boxes to get enough snowflakes to get the 3rd grand prize.

It is a little annoying to think that so many people are going to have several hundred snow globes at the end of the event that are just going to be wasted because they could not get the amount needed to complete the 3rd grand prize. Thats how i understand it anyway.

BekBel

Adventurer
Yeh I did the maths on how many snowflakes will be needed to get all three of the grand prizes, using only the large gift boxes

Prize 1 - 250 globes. 13 large gift boxes. 1820 snowflakes. (this is actually rounded up from 12.5 large boxes).
Prize 2 - 400 globes. 20 large gift boxes. 2800 snowflakes.
Prize 3 - 800 globes. 40 large gift boxes. 5600 snowflakes.

Total snowflakes needed for all 3 grand prizes, 10,220 snowflakes.

That's using only large boxes, if you open medium and small ones you would need even more. I too have finished the 100 quests, plus have got some extra flakes from the prize boxes. Even after counting the snowflakes from the upcoming daily quests until the last day - I will be almost 3200 flakes short of the final prize.
I would need to win 16 "200 snowflakes" prizes to get enough for prize 3. I will have enough flakes to open about 17 large boxes. So, I would have to win flakes with every single box I open.

Yeh, not likely.

At the end they should have it that each of the daily prizes are offered for a cost of xx snowglobes (different amount of globes for each prize), so we can all use those leftover globes on something worthwhile.

DeletedUser

I've seen that comment about buying the missing flakes to be able to get 3rd final reward... Really ? What for ?
It's seems that the average missing globes are about 400... to open the 20 chests, you'll need 2800 flakes that will cost 12,050. diamonds...
How many big nice premium culture buildings can you buy with that ?

Some said that, with lot of luck, you could gain enough globes to reach the 3rd reward if you get a lot of "win 140 flakes" or "win 200 flakes"... :rolleyes:
I didn't buy snowflakes on their own, I was buying diamonds anyway and there was a promo for free snowflakes with the diamonds. I didn't spend any more than I was already going to and it was purely by chance that the offer came up in Winyandor as I definitely didn't need the snowflakes in Arendyll, my large city in Arendyll has reached the end of the tree again, my city is exactly how I want it to be, I have plenty of culture and population plus space for the next guest race; however my city in Winyandor is only in fairies and so free culture buildings are nice to have and I have no issue in selling them once I can get better buildings which give more culture and/or culture/pop per square. The little city is happy to have whatever it can get as well.

I've enjoyed the event, the spreadsheet by SoggyShorts of Beta has helped tremendously with prepping which is why my biggest cities have been done with the main quest for a while, and anything free is good for me (especially the 125kp I got in one opening session while trying to get relics!).

DeletedUser2139

Its just sad that we can't get that biggest grandprize building without paying money. Ofc it is not neccessary to have those buildings if you are at the end of the research tree but I'm still at dwarven chapter and It would be amazing having that building :((
Elvenar team made me really sad this time.......

DeletedUser2437

It is rather upsetting that no amount of hard work is sufficient for the third Prize. If it was simply difficult to obtain, such as: Need to complete all 100 quests, every daily, and log twice a day to collect crystals, I'd be fine with that. That is challenging but possible. Placing a prize behind a massive paywall or absurdly bad RNG probability is neither challenging nor engaging. No amount of hours in game can assure you the prize, no amount of teamwork with fellowships to trade resources and NH can help you succeed. I don't feel like my lack of the third prize is a result of my own actions, no failure on my part. Instead I feel like I have been chasing a carrot on a stick they were never going to let me have regardless of how hard I tried.
Now to be fair, I have greatly enjoyed this event. The 100 quest line pushed my city to its very limits for weeks to get it done on time for the Snowy Charming Tree. I rushed myself through the tech tree to reach the next age by its arrival driving my economy into the ground to max my winnings, and I am quite happy with how that turned out. The scenery and design are beautiful as ever and very useful as well. But the part where the daily prizes have different space efficiency and therefore a "Best Buildings" kinda bothers me. The event comes across as a loving gift from the art team without any regard for the effect on game balance. Now as I said, I actively tried to get the most advantage possible from this event considering utility over appearance. But the impossibility of Grand Prize 3, the different values of event buildings, and all the mess with the recent battle system changes implies a worrisome trend. I haven't felt compelled to buy Diamonds since the changes to expansion costs raised their prices through the roof. And because I love playing this game and growing my city, It bothers me to see the game developers behaving so careless like this.