• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

King Snow and the Snow Flurry

DeletedUser2524

I have 480 in the last grand prize I need 800 the last task was produce bread 40 times but only the daily tasks are left how can I get the 320 left to get the prize

DeletedUser

I have 480 in the last grand prize I need 800 the last task was produce bread 40 times but only the daily tasks are left how can I get the 320 left to get the prize
As per the previous posts, its unlikely that you will get it unless you spend diamonds.

DeletedUser2957

Hi,

I've only been playing this game for just over a month.

I seam to have snow flake quests that don't appear to be listed in the "Spoiler" guides. My current quest is produce 500 scrolls - I can find 250 and 1000 in the list but not 500) - am I miss reading the spoiler list? so I don't know what day I'm at and what to look out for next.

Also I am unclear on a few of the terms used (maybe I'm just a bit dense! :)) - when they state tier 1 boosted goods OR produce 3 hour production of tier 1 boost 5 times etc. -
Can anyone tell me what is meant by tier 1/2 etc?
Also when is says boost does that mean that a production boost has been applied to supplies?
What if you haven't unlocked the tech to achieve a boost spell for goods yet - whats the best way to gain knowledge points to advance up the research tree without buying diamonds?

DeletedUser2152

Hi,

I've only been playing this game for just over a month.

I seam to have snow flake quests that don't appear to be listed in the "Spoiler" guides. My current quest is produce 500 scrolls - I can find 250 and 1000 in the list but not 500) - am I miss reading the spoiler list? so I don't know what day I'm at and what to look out for next.

Also I am unclear on a few of the terms used (maybe I'm just a bit dense! :)) - when they state tier 1 boosted goods OR produce 3 hour production of tier 1 boost 5 times etc. -
Can anyone tell me what is meant by tier 1/2 etc?
Also when is says boost does that mean that a production boost has been applied to supplies?
What if you haven't unlocked the tech to achieve a boost spell for goods yet - whats the best way to gain knowledge points to advance up the research tree without buying diamonds?
tier 1 means marble/steel/wood, boosted means the gods type of those 3 that you get a production boost for from the research tree, it doesnt matter if you have unlocked that research or not.
there are 2 questlines from the event, one line contains 100 quests that are all unlocked at the start, the other unlocks a new quest each day although you still have to move through sequentially

DeletedUser2957

Thank you so much for the info. now I can start to plan better. Happy Holidays and Happy New Year

DeletedUser

The way this xmas quest has been structured is dismal to say the least. I play everyday and NEVER get more than 20 snow flakes in any given day. One would think when one visits other players there should be snow flakes there to grab but that isn't done. The way it's going I won'y even get the second one done in time with spending money and it really is a shame that the development team only think of premium players and notthe players who play this game for free. Unless something is done with the next questline to make it more accessible for the free players one can see a mass exodus from this game and that would be a shame.

DeletedUser2262

The way this xmas quest has been structured is dismal to say the least.

As a counterpoint, I've found it to be reasonably ok. The quests are varied and the rewards are pretty decent for minimal effort. Saving the ultimate rewards for paying customers is not unreasonable - how else are you going to get people to pay??

Personally I stuck with the free rewards for this event - there was no value proposition in 2,000 snowflakes for a cost of 8,000+ diamonds. It would have to be less than half that before I'd become remotely tempted, and that's from someone who actually buys diamonds occasionally.

The one thing I thought could have been done better were the nature of the 100 quests - telling people not to scout too much on one hand, and then adding in event quests for scouting.... Very schizophrenic, and quite poor game design overall. Giving people choices, e.g. "Scout a province, OR complete 6 tournament provinces, OR help 50 neighbours, etc" would have gone a long way to making the event gameplay a lot more enjoyable.

Nevertheless, the daily culture buildings are amazing given they're free, so no massive complaints here. They could have done absolutely nothing event-wise for the holiday period, and people would have complained even more. I guess someone is always unhappy no matter what...

DeletedUser

I have 3 cities, one of them is very small, started the event late, hasn't used diamonds and so far has the 2nd of the bigger buildings, I won't get the 3rd one but am not expecting to. I have used the spreadsheet from SoggyShorts (SoggySnow) which has helped with prepping for the next quests however I may well not get to the end of the quests - I'm more than satisfied with it both as a diamond user in the larger cities and a non-diamond user in the smaller one.

The one thing I thought could have been done better were the nature of the 100 quests - telling people not to scout too much on one hand, and then adding in event quests for scouting.... Very schizophrenic, and quite poor game design overall. Giving people choices, e.g. "Scout a province, OR complete 6 tournament provinces, OR help 50 neighbours, etc" would have gone a long way to making the event gameplay a lot more enjoyable.

This is an excellent suggestion, my main city on Arendyll has now scouted and cleared 350 provinces which is way more than it should have done according to Inno, however 6 of those I've done recently have been for the event, come on Inno, either I have scouted too far in which case you want me to stop or I haven't scouted too far in which case adding 6 for this event is acceptable!

DeletedUser2920

From the point of view of having something you need to basically buy with diamonds, then you need to buy with diamonds. I think the quests for those who haven't got very far and are expected to acquire resources they're no where near getting is a little bemusing. On Forge of Empires depending on where you were would depend on what you had to get. Seems on this one they're quite lazy and just had a "everyone's in it together" sort of attitude. However you can still get prizes which you otherwise wouldn't. My problem is that I'm in China, my main playing time is after I get up and before I go to work, and most people are asleep, and so I'm struggling unless someone's around.

DeletedUser

From the point of view of having something you need to basically buy with diamonds, then you need to buy with diamonds. I think the quests for those who haven't got very far and are expected to acquire resources they're no where near getting is a little bemusing. On Forge of Empires depending on where you were would depend on what you had to get. Seems on this one they're quite lazy and just had a "everyone's in it together" sort of attitude. However you can still get prizes which you otherwise wouldn't. My problem is that I'm in China, my main playing time is after I get up and before I go to work, and most people are asleep, and so I'm struggling unless someone's around.
If you're in a FS then you should be able to put up your trades and have someone pick them up even if you aren't online at the time, use the chat box to ask someone to fill them for you. If you aren't in a FS talk to the people around you and ask them to help, personally I wouldn't have a problem if someone not in my FS asked for help, and in fact on my main city I'm regularly picking up trades from those in my discovered neighbourhood.

DeletedUser2912

just did the maths on snowflakes needed to get the third prize and cant be done without spends a few hundred dollars
unless the admin make it possible without cash there seems there is going to be a few lawsuits as it is illegal gaming tact

Tonton-des-bois

Illusionist
just did the maths on snowflakes needed to get the third prize and cant be done without spends a few hundred dollars
unless the admin make it possible without cash there seems there is going to be a few lawsuits as it is illegal gaming tact
Well tried :D

... but nobody pushed you to buy anything, this game can be played at no cost (or close to), I'm ranked 109th and I only buyed the 3 extra builders and some expansions at the beginning to stay in the race, starting 2 months after the game itself started... ;)

... and the 3rd final reward is not worth buying diamonds for it : you can get a lot of premium culture buildings with what you should buy for it... if you really want to spend money...

Some daily buildings are very cool too. The Glacier Garden (2,9 times standard buildings [1]) and Winter Star (3,17 times standard buildings [1]) are very close to the final reward efficiency and you should get (about) 15 of them with the 3rd box (I got 14 Glacier Gardens and 1 Snowy Charming three)

[1] compared to equivalent residences and culture buildings for same chapter. Those values are for chapter IX but all values are (close to) proportional from chapter to chapter...

Last edited:

Tiriake

Soothsayer
I think the prizes in the gift boxes could be handeled better. Like there is no need to have 3 separate lines with rewards as different relics, those 3 could be easily combined like the runes are. That would also give more room for some other rewards, for example various spells like in summer solistice event.

DeletedUser416

This!

BekBel

Adventurer
4 days to go ! Can I expect any more decent Daily Exclusive prizes ?
The final two days will have hybrid buildings. These are the prizes left to go, values based on chapter 6.

Day 32. Frozen Flame Purple 2x2 610 culture
Day 33. Silver Unicorn 2x1 460 culture
Day 34. Winter Pond Habitat 3x3 hybrid 660 pop and culture
Day 35. Igloo Festival 3x4 hybrid 920 culture and pop

DeletedUser2957

The final two days will have hybrid buildings. These are the prizes left to go, values based on chapter 6.

Be Aware that the amount of population and culture varies on what chapter you are on in the research tree!!

DeletedUser667

Has anyone had problems with the statistics from the chests? In the big chest it is written "200 x snowflakes - 7% / 140 x snowflakes - 13%". I've opened up 20 boxes from the start of the event and have gotten no snowflakes at all. For a 20% chance to get some amount of snowflakes that feels like a scam... Also, on the day when Glacier Garden was the reward I couldn't get it for 11 times in a row! Anyone else having this problem?
In general though the event is really nice, the daily rewards too, and these periodic events really add a lot so thanks for making them.
All in all it seems luck isn't on my side in this event and I get randomness isn't accurate but, turning to the developers, could you make it so things are for certain to be given in the percentage that is said - if not for this event than maybe for the next.

Last edited by a moderator: