• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

King Snow and the Snow Flurry

Timneh

Artisan
I have had 200 snowflakes once and 140 snowflakes several times. I only try for a prize 3 or 4 times and then i give up and try again later and i have found that when i do this i normally get the prize on the first or second try. I realise that it could be pure coincidence but it has worked for me a few times and so far i have got 15 of the daily prizes and the first two grand prizes. Now i just need more space in my city so i can place them lol.

DeletedUser667

I tried for about 6 times the first time, then later a few more times and still didn't get, and then the third attempt I tried and failed a few times and in the end on what I think was my 12th attempt I got it. I didn't do it all at once.

DeletedUser2233

with out sounding bad .I really like the free things given ,but after spending hours of work during x-mas and finishing all hundred quests i wont be able to get the last building ,Isent that just the one your are playing all of these quests for ? So now congrats but you have to buy the rest ?

I just finished 100 freaking guests .Unless this will be changed i will not do it anymore. Why put in all the time .If u dont get the reward after you done.Like i said i thankfull for the free stuff ,but i dont feel rewarded for my afford to finish the quests at all .

DeletedUser1775

So, i will miss the last prize by a measly 190 globes. I've completed 100 quests and even got lucky with the prizes gettting few 200/140 snowflakes.

Gutted.

DeletedUser667

But why is it getting lucky to get snowflakes when they should be gotten about once every 5-6 attempts, which means that for all the quests completed and drawing only large gift boxes, about 4 times you should get 140 snowflakes and 2 times 200, and with these won, at least 1 more time 140 snowflakes. And that's without counting snow crystals...

Oh I should have waited for the last building with the higher culture and pop! But I'm delighted with what I've won throughout the Winter challenge. Am 400 snowflakes short of the main third and final building, but all the culture and pop prizes and KP I've won so far have more than made up for it. People are giving out that you 'have' to buy diamonds for the last price...no you don't! it's the luck of the draw and so what if some people will buy diamonds...that's there choice and I believe there should be a prize only for diamonds users anyway.

I loved every minute of this quest and really look forward to the next one! Perhaps one of these long quests will have an Expansion square as a prize one day!

Killiak

Artisan
People are giving out that you 'have' to buy diamonds for the last price...no you don't! it's the luck of the draw and so what if some people will buy diamonds...that's there choice and I believe there should be a prize only for diamonds users anyway.

Actually, you do have to buy diamonds. I mathed it out the last time we had an event like this. You have (by far) better odds of being struck by lightning this year than you do of getting the final prize by sheer luck.

Regardless of that, these events are indeed great. They have great rewards and they help players grow, make a fine reason to play daily and encourage the community to share knowledge and play together more.

DeletedUser2203

I had fun with the snow flurry event.
I didn't manage to get an Igloo Festival, but the one I am really sad about not being able to get is the
Snowy Charming Tree. I really love that one. I didn't expect to get one of the third Grand Prize Tower of the Winter King,
even though I would have loved to have it.
It would be nice if we could trade between other players. I got three of the Father Tree Of Candy Canes
& none of any of the other Father Trees.

DeletedUser803

I'm looking forward to the next event, being stuck in the bowels of the orcs and goblins chapter, waiting days to get the thousands of mushrooms needed to unlock each technology, its given me something to do.

DeletedUser

I'm looking forward to the next event, being stuck in the bowels of the orcs and goblins chapter, waiting days to get the thousands of mushrooms needed to unlock each technology, its given me something to do.
I've enjoyed this event, got plenty of culture buildings, hundreds of kp and other than adding in a few low level buildings in my main city it hasn't affected what I would be doing anyway.
Off-topic = if you're stuck in orcs then I'm guessing you either have too few farms/rally points or you didn't upgrade everything to level 4 before working on the tree with the needed loot or shrooms of wisdom.

DeletedUser803

Off-topic = if you're stuck in orcs then I'm guessing you either have too few farms/rally points or you didn't upgrade everything to level 4 before working on the tree with the needed loot or shrooms of wisdom.[/QUOTE]
yes, you're right I have too few rally points and not enough farms, this is due to a lack of space. and, yes no doubt I'm doing it all wrong.

DeletedUser1353

Actually, you do have to buy diamonds. I mathed it out the last time we had an event like this. You have (by far) better odds of being struck by lightning this year than you do of getting the final prize by sheer luck.

Yes you have to be very lucky, the chance of getting it without diamonds were around 0,7% if you did all quests, collected flakes several times per day and bought only big chests.

Source: https://us.forum.elvenar.com/index.php?threads/snow-flurry-probabilities-gps-and-bldgs.5380/

Killiak

Artisan
Yes you have to be very lucky, the chance of getting it without diamonds were around 0,7% if you did all quests, collected flakes several times per day and bought only big chests.

Source: https://us.forum.elvenar.com/index.php?threads/snow-flurry-probabilities-gps-and-bldgs.5380/

Indeed, super low chance even IF you rocked the event to the maximum.Which most people won't be able to do, even missing half a day of the game or misclicking once will drop the odds to non-existant.
So basically, buy diamonds for that third prize because the RNG is not your friend.

Thanks for the link!

DeletedUser1345

I did all 100 quests, but had no expectation of getting the Tower Of The Winter King (...and no room to place it anyway ) so I wasn't disappointed. I did get a number of other culture buildings, which I appreciate.
I know of someone who did all 100 quests...and missed the Tower by just 50 globes. :/ oh well.

DeletedUser667

All snowflakes from the boxes fell in the end :-D And really the prizes are awesome, they give a big boost and are a great way to show you played and got something unique, which no money can buy you afterwards. Also I really wonder how does this snowy charming tree look like?

DeletedUser3034

I started the game in the middle of the quest. Knew quickly I'd not get the big prize, and not likely to reach 2nd one. But, truth is, I had a great time earning the 1st grand prize, and am anxiously waiting the next event! Is there a schedule or something for them?

Timneh

Artisan
No schedule for them as far as i know. I think Inno try to do them for special times of the year. Since i started playing there has been a summer, Halloween and now a winter event. Maybe there will be a Valentines or Easter event in the future, we will have to wait and see.

DeletedUser

I think it should be brought back into context, most people knew at the start of the event that it was highly unlikely that they would get the third building without spending diamonds because we've had this before with other events. Everything we got out of it in the way of relics, kp, culture and culture/pop buildings was for free, there was no need to spend money on it at all, the buildings gave considerably more culture or culture/pop for their level than anything we could build ingame for free.

There was a really good spreadsheet which was done on the Beta Forum by SoggyShorts which helped tremendously with prepping for quests plus various other places where we could see which building was on which day.

All in all it was a good event, and it was FREE to do, no cost involved unless people wanted to. Rather than forever complaining about what wasn't possible to get without a lot of luck or money, perhaps it would be better to be happy with what we did get?

DeletedUser3034

I think it should be brought back into context, most people knew at the start of the event that it was highly unlikely that they would get the third building without spending diamonds because we've had this before with other events. Everything we got out of it in the way of relics, kp, culture and culture/pop buildings was for free, there was no need to spend money on it at all, the buildings gave considerably more culture or culture/pop for their level than anything we could build ingame for free.

There was a really good spreadsheet which was done on the Beta Forum by SoggyShorts which helped tremendously with prepping for quests plus various other places where we could see which building was on which day.

All in all it was a good event, and it was FREE to do, no cost involved unless people wanted to. Rather than forever complaining about what wasn't possible to get without a lot of luck or money, perhaps it would be better to be happy with what we did get?

Hear, hear!!