• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

King Snow and the Snow Flurry

DeletedUser2203

@jonatanlion
I don't know how to show you the Snowy Charming Tree other than to tell you a village
that has one. If you can find Nynnaeve's village, there is one in the lower right of the village,
right next to Snow Flake Mountain. I love the animation of it too. :D

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

All in all it was a good event, and it was FREE to do, no cost involved unless people wanted to. Rather than forever complaining about what wasn't possible to get without a lot of luck or money, perhaps it would be better to be happy with what we did get?

Exactly, can't understand the complaining. All I have to do is compare the quality of a few of the FREE culture buildings I received with the cost of the equivalent pay culture buildings and I seem to have come out quite well. For example,

I got two Winter Stars at size 3x3, culture 800, population 800.

To build something similar like a Fountain Of Youth, size 4x3, culture 700, population 750. Pay cost 920 diamonds.

So I got two better buildings that net me combined ( 6 less squares in size, +200 culture, +100 population ) that would have cost 1840 diamonds.

And that is just one type of building I received as prizes.

Tiriake

Soothsayer
I'm quite happy with what I got from this event. Not only culture/population buildings, but also free KP's and runes. Didn't really think there was a chance to get the 3rd prize. In the end I was missing 145 snow globes :D Oh well. As I said I didn't expect or hope to get it.

I liked that there was plenty of quests to do. I did finish all quests. It was a challenge, you had to put effort into it. Also the snow crystals we could collect from our cities was a nice adition.

what I didn't like about this event were the quests that needed scouting, massive amount of relics. It's like they forgot about the people who are not supposed to fight/scout by their own words. They told us, that we are not supposed to fight or scout provinces. There was no way around those quests. Some quests were we could scout and produce spells. Those were fine. We had options.

DeletedUser2886

I am self employed and get lots of free time. I ended up with 250/400 on the second grand prize for this and literally completed every objective as fast as possible due to being at the pc a lot, so no idea how people got the 2nd or 3rd grand prize for this

DeletedUser2886

Exactly, can't understand the complaining. All I have to do is compare the quality of a few of the FREE culture buildings I received with the cost of the equivalent pay culture buildings and I seem to have come out quite well. For example,

I got two Winter Stars at size 3x3, culture 800, population 800.

To build something similar like a Fountain Of Youth, size 4x3, culture 700, population 750. Pay cost 920 diamonds.

So I got two better buildings that net me combined ( 6 less squares in size, +200 culture, +100 population ) that would have cost 1840 diamonds.

And that is just one type of building I received as prizes.

not everyone is lucky. I only received an igloo and a frozen flame purple.

DeletedUser2886

Another problem is upgrading buildings . I've maxed out at 19 with my available population and will have to wait for Ancient Wonders to provide enough population to upgrade the remaining buildings that are still below 19 ; which will take months to provide enough population. I cannot squeeze any more residences in . I have three ponds of recreation , two of which I can sell to provide enough space for the Ancient Wonders I've still to get. I want to keep at least one of every culture building as that makes sense to me , and there are two fairy culture buildings that cost diamonds that I do not have. Even if I got rid of my outer roads (and lost all that culture :( ) I wouldn't be able to place everything in my city that I'm entitled to even with the two extra premium expansions that I should have.

I see Timon "playing" Elvenar on the videos and he's supposedly at the Orcs and beyond level with a very , very small city. How the heck is that possible ? Where are his residences , goods buildings , workshops , culture buildings ? To be able to play this in a reasonable length of time you need enough coins , supplies , goods to be able to continue with the quests and tournaments without mention of the culture required to maintain 150 % as the game suggests is possible .:confused: You also need Armouries to raise the training squad levels so that you don't have to keep going into the Barracks too often to build troops ( Yes, some of us do fight battles , it's cheaper ! )

Please excuse my moans . My logic dictates how I think the best way to play Elvenar and I don't believe enough thought has been put into the game by the designers. It's also WAY too expensive :oops::eek::p:rolleyes::D. In my humble opinion ;).

YOu also lose all the goods and supplies you used in those roads too. you literally get -culture for selling any road that isn't named footpath. at some point the roads you built will have to be moved to make space...and if you have no space they have to be sold...which puts people in - culture. horrid

DeletedUser2054

I am self employed and get lots of free time. I ended up with 250/400 on the second grand prize for this and literally completed every objective as fast as possible due to being at the pc a lot, so no idea how people got the 2nd or 3rd grand prize for this

I didn't have a problem getting the 2nd grand prize and I wasn't even taking the event seriously due to being able to only log on once or twice a day

DeletedUser

I'm convalescing and at home 95% of the time and so online a lot, I got the 3rd prize in one city because I was buying diamonds and there was a "free snowflakes" offer which came at the right time, I didn't get it in the other 2 cities one of which started right from Day 1 but I was cashing in my snowflakes in big batches to get the 40 or 50 relics and thats why I ended up with NINE Father Trees, I was also about 210/400 on the 3rd prize, the last city started late but is a small city so it was easy to upgrade buildings with no extra prep time or space I was about 90 globes from the 3rd prize and I finished before the end; but free is still free!

Tonton-des-bois

Illusionist
For such event, you have to load your Magic Academy with PoP spells all the time to just have to collect them when requested and only have to wait for one when 3 are requested... You have too to start your scout ahead so you don't have to wait a full scouting when this quest happens... Finally, if you have room enough, you must build some temporary 1st tier factories to prepare ahead some 1D or 2D cyles, again not to wait for them...
All that was in the walkthru that was posted at the begining and by doing all, you were able to finish all 100 quests in about 15 days... ;)

KermitsDad

Alchemist
I think it should be brought back into context, most people knew at the start of the event that it was highly unlikely that they would get the third building without spending diamonds because we've had this before with other events. Everything we got out of it in the way of relics, kp, culture and culture/pop buildings was for free, there was no need to spend money on it at all, the buildings gave considerably more culture or culture/pop for their level than anything we could build ingame for free.

There was a really good spreadsheet which was done on the Beta Forum by SoggyShorts which helped tremendously with prepping for quests plus various other places where we could see which building was on which day.

All in all it was a good event, and it was FREE to do, no cost involved unless people wanted to. Rather than forever complaining about what wasn't possible to get without a lot of luck or money, perhaps it would be better to be happy with what we did get?

^ Absolutely have to agree with all this. Just wish I had more space to fit in all the lovely new buildings that I got from the event.

Thanks InnoGames for an awesome event... I look forward to the next one.

DeletedUser2884

For such event, you have to load your Magic Academy with PoP spells all the time to just have to collect them when requested and only have to wait for one when 3 are requested...

Or just start your PoP spells and additional 13 hours before you need to collect... When the fist one is a minute or 2 from completion open the magic academy and keep it open until the first one completes you now have an open spot start the 3rd spell and close the academy. You now have one completed hanging above and 2 cooking just do not collect until you actually need them. No more waiting that extra 13 hours after the quest is available to get that 3rd spell collected.

Tonton-des-bois

Illusionist
Or just start your PoP spells and additional 13 hours before you need to collect... When the fist one is a minute or 2 from completion open the magic academy and keep it open until the first one completes you now have an open spot start the 3rd spell and close the academy. You now have one completed hanging above and 2 cooking just do not collect until you actually need them. No more waiting that extra 13 hours after the quest is available to get that 3rd spell collected.
Sorry, I just understood your tip that is very smarty... :)

I finally found enough room to put my last winter event daily rewards and climbed from rank 200th to 17th thanks to this "icemare" :rolleyes:
Thank you Inno ! :p

icemare.png

Last edited: