• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Feedback Player Movements

Tiriake

Soothsayer
I got moved. Will miss some of my former neighbors those who did neighborly help and traded also. But I'm hoping that this new neighborhood will have active players in it. Of course right now it seems that I got moved from one edge to another. Plenty of gold mines here as well...

They warned us about the move with that annoying pop up... so I was warned and had plenty of time to change the settings for the move if I'd wanted to remain where I was.

DeletedUser

One of my FS has just said that the move wouldn't have happened if I was online at the time. Could anyone confirm or deny this?

I've no idea when it happened but when I came back from dog walking I had to reload on both servers, they're both on a tab on firefox.

DeletedUser1668

Not one gold mine here, and i used to have loads.
Bye it ewa a shame you were one of my neighbours that was active I really thought they would have keep us local instead they have made it worse

DeletedUser

One of my active neighbours has been moved, my other 6 neighbours are still where they were, I still have a few gold mines, I still have a sea of inactive players, the box was checked, can't see where the improvement is supposed to be, and as one of those who scouted too far and cleared 323 provinces its not as if there are more people out there beyond my discovered borders with a ratio of 53 cleared provinces to 1 active person!

Killiak

Artisan
The option for being moved was automatically turned on and people got moved without much notification. How about you left it OFF, told people they now had this option and left it at that? Or is this part of the "play like we intended" idea?

I can only hope my new neighbours are also good.

DeletedUser9

The option for being moved was automatically turned on and people got moved without much notification. How about you left it OFF, told people they now had this option and left it at that? Or is this part of the "play like we intended" idea?

I can only hope my new neighbours are also good.

That wouldn't help much, for inactive players would always have this setting "off" and therefore still remain where they are. :)

Killiak

Artisan
Those inactives get deleted and should disappear all on their own.

People have been clicking away their popup screens most likely, because they are usually just pleas for help (Mod, Beta, Surveys) or diamond-enticement. Recently you posted you should have communicated better, apparently Inno could learn a thing or two as well.

DeletedUser9

Those inactives get deleted and should disappear all on their own.

People have been clicking away their popup screens most likely, because they are usually just pleas for help (Mod, Beta, Surveys) or diamond-enticement. Recently you posted you should have communicated better, apparently Inno could learn a thing or two as well.

I disagree with you here, sorry.

Inactive people don't get deleted if they are beyond chapter 3 or if they have ever purchased diamonds for that account.

About the communication: This has been very clearly communicated. It has been on our forums, there was an ingame announcement, it has been on Beta for weeks and the changes were made due to player feedback. It was known upfront that these changes would be there, this was pretty hard to miss.

Killiak

Artisan

Inactive people don't get deleted if they are beyond chapter 3 or if they have ever purchased diamonds for that account.

About the communication: This has been very clearly communicated. It has been on our forums, there was an ingame announcement, it has been on Beta for weeks and the changes were made due to player feedback. It was known upfront that these changes would be there, this was pretty hard to miss.

Yeah, that's the problem isn't it? You seem to have been consistantly disagreeing with roughly 90% of the forum posters about the recent changes. Feel free to draw whatever conclusion you want from that.

- Forums; not many people actually keep track of the forums, not even fellowship leaders.
- Ingame announcements get clicked away, like I already said. They are like ToS agreements, hardly anybody bothers reading them.
- Beta; same thing as the forums.
- People have been asking for player movement, yeah. I am saying the implementation could have been smoother

And apparently it was not THAT hard to miss, conidering the amount of people already talking about it on the forum as if it was a surprise (not for me, of course, I knew it was coming).

However, I am saying that the way Inno communicates does not REACH their players. Combine that with the way Inno implements things, then things come as a surprise. And with that "way" I mean they just plunk it down.

So, in my opinion, it would have been better to have shown people a pop-up (with explanation) a week ago which would not go away untill they made a choice for ON or OFF. Then you can truly say that this was communicated and not a surprise.

DeletedUser

As much as I bag Inno, this is one of the things they did both after feedback and with good communication. They could not really have done much more.

I totally agree that the forums are not ever enough, the in game announcement was enough. I click it away as much as the next person, I scanned it the first time it came up though. Maybe they need to make sure they have a break between announcements, so when you see one go away for a few days, you know you need to read the next one?

DeletedUser

At least one person in my FS on Winyandor was saying they did not get the popup. I think Killiak's idea to force people to select on/off is a good one as people then definitely could not have failed to see it, assuming everyone did actually get it.

DeletedUser

As to the above, when that pop-up announcement was being put out there, i was very busy with rl so did not have much time to do anything in the game other than log in, do me rounds of visitings and setting me productions going for another 9hrs.... I did not have time to be reading through trivia about this or that.....

The suggestion Killiak made about making players make the choice before the pop-up could be closed would of been a good choice, but am just miffed that I was moved away from an active guild member... I guess time will tell if any of my new neighbours are ones who do actually pay daily visits, they may be active according to you, but that dont mean they visit others on the map other than there own guildies....

DeletedUser479

great, what a move I have exactly one new neighbour!o_O

How about moving the inactives away from the center, cause letting them stay at the same spot won't solve it for people who are in the center or for the most people anyway.

edit:
This solution is only for people with gold mines, what about people who have 90% inactives?

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

As I didn't get moved either on Arendyll or Winyandor, and in fact have lost one of my 7 active neighbours on Arendyll, when will the next moves take place? I wanted more active neighbours not less, I still have some gold mines left but day by day they are being replaced by new people most of whom will be inactive within a few days.

This player movement has definitely made a difference to me, but I'm sure it isn't in the way that Inno has intended.

Last edited by a moderator:

Valnad

Spellcaster
Is this still a work in progress?

Because either they forgot to move me, or everyone else closeby moved to the exact same position. I did notice one or two new cities, which correlates to 1-2% of the total slots.

DeletedUser2548

What a load of cobblers.

I'm at home all day every day recovering from being run over, pretty much always on this game.

It was not common knowledge!!!

You people don't listen. Take the money and run. What a great fan-winning idea that is.....

Hi Cazzy! Miss your company now.