• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Autumn Zodiac

Hekata

Artisan

DeletedUser8409

You are most welcome, I have asked about the Mystical Object and am awaiting a reply on this as aware some changes have been made from beta to live, but not seen a thing about this yet.
Do you have an answer on this please?

BlueBlou

Illusionist
Hi Lelanya
I just had a look at the Elvengems site and the stats on the daily prizes. I see the ones that are repeated from previous events only show stats up to chapter 14.

DeletedUser9850

Here are some Comments and Suggestions from our experience in Beta:

Please feel free to submit your own comments for inclusion in our event note: https://tinyurl.com/y4va7r9o
  1. The technical production and artwork is as usual excellent.
    Well done Elvenar team!

2. The Quest Set is similar to the previous event. IMO, it is one of the best the designers have ever produced! Lots of alternatives, and not a lot of mindless repetition; also many quest requirements are ‘educative’ - and so far I have found not a single quest that any player can’t do, or which forces them to do stuff that goes against their city building philosophy.
    Well done event designers!!
    It is wonderful that the designers are so willing to listen to player feedback these days!

3. Note: If you do not particularly like the Moon Bear Building, new artifacts have appeared in Crafting Recipes that allow you to convert 2 new Bear Artifacts to 1 of the old kind, so you can evolve some Bears from last year’s event. The three old Bear buildings (Brown, Panda and Polar) can also be crafted in recipes that appear from time to time in your Magic Academy, if you do not own them already.

NOTE: There are not enough Artifacts to fully evolve a Brown Bear - you will need 18 and that is not possible in the event for an ordinary player. Artifacts may be available in a Fellowship Adventures that follows the event - but still not enough.

I also am very against the idea of needing a Fellowship Adventures to follow an event, to complete the number of Artifacts you need to evolve a building - it locks us into more FA’s per year than many players and fellowships are comfortable with.

It is really time for the designers to consider an Universal Artifact that would allow one to evolve all the buildings that newcomers find in their Magic Academy!
    I know Innogames do not want fully evolved buildings to come cheaply - so here is a suggestion:
    Why not introduce Artifact Fragments - something like Broken Rune Shards? You could win these in FA’s and other mini-events - and when you have enough of them, you can craft a Universal Artifact. To keep Artifacts rare, the designers could decide how many of these would be needed to make just one, and that would preserve the rarity.
    Old, unwanted Artifacts from buildings you co not want could also be broken to make Artifact Fragments...

4. The Daily Log-In Bonus is a superb idea! We have been pushing for this for ages. Events should be fun - and many are not - this new feature adds something different.

They could do more with it though! I would prefer a daily spin of a wheel of chance, with a small chance of winning something of value like a Dwarven Armorer or a Magic Building!! I wish they would have Daily LOG-IN bonuses every day! - not just in the events! Giving out just a few Diamonds every day would not harm the designer’s Diamond sales, because you need vast numbers of Diamonds to buy anything worthwhile. But giving a few a day has been done in other games like TrainStation (who also routinely give Diamonds to compensate players for the inconvenience of game glitches) - and it gets players used to using Diamonds - and when they have saved a lot, they might get impatient and go and buy the rest they need from the store...

5. I like having a fixed number of story quests with one a day at the end. It stops the hot-shot players rushing through and then complaining there is nothing to do!

A minor improvement, I think would be to release TWO interesting quests per day - perhaps something different and a bit challenging. Or maybe even three...

6. A general comment: Building Sets were cumbersome large, and needed one to get lucky to win all the components; Evolving Buildings are becoming same-old, same-old and the designers are struggling to come up with new ideas as good as Fire Phoenix.
    I would suggest scrapping the Grand Prize entirely - and rather have daily random mini-events and giveaways to make the event fun and keep the players interested.

7. Ending with a whimper, not a bang? Previous events have had very ordinary Exclusive buildings on the last day. That is a bit of a let-down and an anticlimax. We are hoping this one will be different! It would be nice to have, perhaps, a secret special ‘Mystery Object’ that is not in the Game File so it can’t be hacked, placed by the designers on the last day would be a really special surprise to look forward to!!
    We would all hoard our Seeds for it - not knowing if we would want it or not - and that would add excitement to events that often, sadly, are beautifully constructed but rather boring.

8. More to follow!
The universal artifact doesn't sound bad,though not too much good though.It'll make the game a little more easy.Not a little more challenging.And if all changes are done in favour of big players,how the small players enjoy the game?

And scrapping the grandprize,I'm 100% in contrary of this idea.Then the events will lose their interest.And regular little events aren't good.We have to wait so eagerly for those events and so we enjoy this much.

DeletedUser9850

Does this mean a native event for the 3 bear brothers is doomed?:(:(

Hekata

Artisan
Ending with a whimper, not a bang? Previous events have had very ordinary Exclusive buildings on the last day. That is a bit of a let-down and an anticlimax. We are hoping this one will be different! It would be nice to have, perhaps, a secret special ‘Mystery Object’ that is not in the Game File so it can’t be hacked, placed by the designers on the last day would be a really special surprise to look forward to!!
We would all hoard our Seeds for it - not knowing if we would want it or not - and that would add excitement to events that often, sadly, are beautifully constructed but rather boring.
You ask for this during every event but I doubt anyone wants a surprise daily on the last day (or any day). Players don't go for the same prizes in an event anyway so no matter what that is at least half of them would be disappointed. Imagine hoarding all your currency and discovering something you don't need at all. Or spending it all on other things and then realising the last one was much better. There are more than enough (too much, actually) random and luck based prizes and activities in this game. I really don't think we need another one.

Radishing

Dreamer
Why is the Autumn Zodiac event harder on EU servers than US servers? Both require 7 tournament encounters to do some of the quests but for EU this means seven provinces, since they are on the new system, while for US this means just under two provinces as US has not converted to the new system? How are us EU players meant to get that many troops up on a regular basis to finish the Autumn Zodiac quest line?

Deleted User - 2077221

That's a good point Radishing. The old system we could always just do 2 more stars (as most quests are 8 or less battles) but now we need literally as many stars as encounters.

Lelanya

Mentor
Why is the Autumn Zodiac event harder on EU servers than US servers? Both require 7 tournament encounters to do some of the quests but for EU this means seven provinces, since they are on the new system, while for US this means just under two provinces as US has not converted to the new system? How are us EU players meant to get that many troops up on a regular basis to finish the Autumn Zodiac quest line?
The quest reads Solve 7 province encounters AND/OR 7 tournament encounters.
That's a very wise distinction to be observing, and taking into account folks.
The quests are very dynamic so none of the published lists are accurate, although Elvengems is being regularly updated.
Reminder: refresh helps keep you up to date :)

DeletedUser3571

Can't say i'm impressed with 1 pet food as a daily prize especially so early on in the event. With the keys i have i might get 1 maybe 2 (if i'm lucky), this doesn't change much for me.
If however it was towards the end and it was 3 pet foods that would be worth it.
But i can see its in line with other non building prizes, so doubt it would be different.

Radishing

Dreamer
The quest reads Solve 7 province encounters AND/OR 7 tournament encounters.

Good advice about refreshing, not sure what that has to do with difficulty of that quest on US vs EU servers. I know I find old style tournament encounters way easier than province encounters especially at the beginning of the tournament. Even more so when I'm stuck at provinces being medium or hard difficulty.

If you're implying that the quest is of equivalent difficulty for US and EU because we can solve either province encounters or tournament encounters, that's incorrect. While I do like the new style tournament encounters, asking to solve 6 to 8 of them for multiple quests is a heavy burden compared to the old style with 4 encounters per tournament.

DeletedUser3571

The thing about tournament encounters is that they had to change the amounts as otherwise it would be really unfair to those who have the new system as they would have to complete 4 times as many provinces. So yes the people who don't currently have the new tournament are having everything massively easier but there isn't much difference for those with it as you still have to do the same amount of provinces for the quests as you would have with the old system when tournaments needed 4 times as much.
Lastly its never been Inno's intention for all the quest to be done straight away so they wont care to much that you can't do as many provinces with the new tournament and so they will be fine with you having to slow down the pace you do quests.

ps i presume lelanya wrote about refreshing as you had not mentioned the other part of the quest, so she thought you didn't know you could do province encounters as well (that being a change on the gem website i guess).