• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Autumn Zodiac

DeletedUser6935

Can't say i'm impressed with 1 pet food as a daily prize especially so early on in the event. With the keys i have i might get 1 maybe 2 (if i'm lucky), this doesn't change much for me.
If however it was towards the end and it was 3 pet foods that would be worth it.
But i can see its in line with other non building prizes, so doubt it would be different.

Agree entirely. Having Pet Food as a daily prize is a nice idea but it needs to be more than just 1 to be worth considering. Depending on probability and cost of chests I get around 15 daily prizes once I've completed all the quests (plus outer edge pick ups and daily quests/gifts, obviously) and go on a splurge. First of all, very few people are going to have finished all the quests by day 3. Secondly, I'm going to want at least 2 or 3 Pet Food a pop to forgo any AW KP instants (be it 10 or 20 or 30), Orc producing buildings or troop instants; whichever is looking most appealing overall.

Laurelin

Sorcerer
The thing about tournament encounters is that they had to change the amounts as otherwise it would be really unfair to those who have the new system as they would have to complete 4 times as many provinces.

Almost every time any change is suggested which may involve InnoGames' programmers doing some programming, we gain the impression (how?) either that (a) "it would require too much coding" (so what else do programmers do, anyway?), and/or (b) "the work is too complicated" (presumably implying that InnoGames employs incompetent - or at least rather amateur - developers). And yet we are talking about programmers who not only can incorporate large sections of Forge of Empires' functionality into Elvenar at will (actually, this is probably quite easy, considering how very similar the two games are), but also can, and often do, target individual players with different Diamond discount offers, 'flash sales', and so on... and yet these same programmers also can't distinguish entire Servers from each other and, having done so, adjust their Event code to allow for dissimilar in-game conditions - which they themselves have created by implementing different code on each bank of Live Servers? Seriously?

I haven't yet contributed my personal dislikes regarding the new Tournament format, but I am certainly getting more than annoyed about being obliged to decimate my Troops and spend (already) nearly one-third of my stored Resources, as well as getting through a far greater than normal amount of Instants (Coins, Supplies, Time Boosters) - all of which took months to amass - in order to be an involuntary test subject for the new Tournaments, especially because my primary objections are [unsurprisingly] identical to those already provided on the Beta Forum. If InnoGames are trying to make me feel 'valued', they have missed by a mile; I actually feel exploited, and if the Zodiac Event really has not been adjusted on a per-Server basis to account for the much greater loss of Troops/Goods which I, for one, am experiencing due to the 'Complete X Tournament and/or Province Encounters' Quests, then this strikes me as being both a lazy and a very cavalier attitude towards a significant part of the playerbase.

So yes the people who don't currently have the new tournament are having everything massively easier but there isn't much difference for those with it as you still have to do the same amount of provinces for the quests as you would have with the old system when tournaments needed 4 times as much.
And thanks to the far quicker and larger ramp-up of Squad Sizes per Province in the new Tournament format, I am now both losing many more Troops and spending more on Catering in each Tournament - in real terms, i.e. after allowing for the 4-into-1 Province battle combination - than I have ever done before. Again, I can see no reason why the Zodiac Event Quests must be identical on all [or any] Servers, which obviously disadvantages the EN Servers (in continuance of the past 3½ weeks...). Although it wouldn't help me personally right now, since the only Troops I have used in the new Tournaments, so far, have been 95% Light Ranged and Heavy Ranged Barracks Troops (not a joke; maybe this improves when my other Troops aren't all 1* and 2* vs 3* Enemy Units?), could we not at least have seen the 'three simultaneous Troop queues' activation (if this is actually going to be implemented), rather than being given nothing but a straight handicap in what is already quite a laborious Event to complete?

Lastly its never been Inno's intention for all the quest to be done straight away so they wont care to much that you can't do as many provinces with the new tournament and so they will be fine with you having to slow down the pace you do quests.
This Zodiac Event is already time-demanding enough for those of us who are hoping only to acquire and level-up one Brown Bear; the number of 'old' Bear Artifacts I can win, even as a committed daily player, will be unimpressive to say the least. The new Tournaments make this building near-enough mandatory for anyone who is trying to maintain (sustainably) even a reasonable Tournament score, by which I mean at least 1,600 Points per week and no more; in Chapter VII, I am having serious problems with this, whereas I was formerly able to reach around 2,000 Points each week, or more if I made an extra effort. I am far from amused by the thought that I should simply put up with all of this just because InnoGames 'will be fine' with it. I'm certainly not fine with any of it - in fact, and in many years of video games, I really can't think of an example of any (still-existing) gaming company treating [some of] its players in such an inequitable and, frankly, presumptuous manner - well, other than EA, perhaps, although competing with them in the 'how little respect can you show to your players' stakes is probably a competition any reputable company would wish to avoid.

DeletedUser3571

I agree with what you say @Laurelin, but i'm used to elvenar and so have come to accept that certain things are how they are and this is one of them.
We have seen many times that events could be better tailored to different servers (normally when a world is just launched) or even chapters (lot of talk on how quest should be a bit different for chapter 1-2 players on beta such as gaining CC's) but nothing is ever done. So i placed my opinion on the basis that they would only have 1 quest system and so tried to explain why why its the same tournament/province ratio rather than old 4 T/ 1P.
With the new tournament system they did say quest would be changed which they have done in part (1 tournament to 1 province) but it seems to be they increased the amount of provinces needed in early quest just to spite us.
As for the "will be fine with it" i based that on previous comments by mods on forums about events and so stated it so others could understand why its unlikely to be changed, it doesn't mean i agree with it.

Silmaril

Community Manager
Elvenar Team

Killiak

Artisan
I will message you from support.....

Did as you suggested, but I have clicked and re-clicked those settings so many times; basically every time Support told me to after every ticket I ever made about it. Went over my gmail account several times (again) to make sure there were no blockages or weird settings.
Also, I receive e-mails from support just fine, so there is no weird regional block or anything.

m4rt1n

Adept
Enjoying the event so far and once again playing without spoilers to see how I do. I find it much more fun playing blind. :)

Laurelin

Sorcerer
I agree with what you say @Laurelin, but i'm used to elvenar and so have come to accept that certain things are how they are and this is one of them.
Many apologies, @pompeywolf - I was more using your helpful comment as a 'springboard' for my own grumpy ramblings, rather than criticising what you quite correctly said. My sarcasm and vitriol were aimed at InnoGames, not at you, and I should have made that clear in my first post... my bad!

We have seen many times that events could be better tailored to different servers (normally when a world is just launched) or even chapters (lot of talk on how quest should be a bit different for chapter 1-2 players on beta such as gaining CC's) but nothing is ever done.
Indeed - the way in which Elvenar's management decides to alter the game for various reasons (as well as how they may or may not communicate these reasons to their players) is just one aspect of the game which certainly does becomes quite familiar... whether we like it or not :D

So i placed my opinion on the basis that they would only have 1 quest system and so tried to explain why its the same tournament/province ratio rather than old 4 T/ 1P. With the new tournament system they did say quest would be changed which they have done in part (1 tournament to 1 province) but it seems to be they increased the amount of provinces needed in early quest just to spite us.
I can see why they would change it (in fact, didn't this happen during the last Event too, or did I imagine that?), but still: even accounting for the fact that the Elvenar High Command moves in ways at least as mysterious as those of the Good Lord, you'd still think it would occur to someone, at some point - especially considering how many 'Complete X Encounters' Quests there are in the Zodiac Event - that the Servers which aren't yet favoured with the marvellous and not-at-all Troops/Resource-draining new Tournaments would end up not only completing [in effect] a quarter as many Tournament Encounters as we much-privileged EN-captive players, but also that those old Tournament-style Encounters would be, by and large, easier per se, as well. I often wonder: should it really be non-developer players, like us, who bring up these anomalies, rather than those who actually write the Events...?!

As for the "will be fine with it" i based that on previous comments by mods on forums about events and so stated it so others could understand why its unlikely to be changed, it doesn't mean i agree with it.
Good point, and once again, I'm sorry to give the false impression that I was criticising the content of what you wrote. In fact, and after growing used to hearing the 'party line' on many of the game's former [and ongoing] changes, via this Forum and others, I often find myself in the same position; being able to predict likely 'official' responses... but without necessarily finding them particularly useful (or even merely credible, in some cases, and especially with regard to the current and oddly enthusiastic 'official' defence of all things new Tournaments-related).

Last edited:

Laurelin

Sorcerer
Oh, and to drag myself back on-topic and point out an issue which, this time, entirely relates to the Autumn Zodiac Event title of this thread:

At 00:29 GMT/UTC today (which is, I believe, 01:29 CEST), I was just about to claim my 61 Keys for completing Quest No. 42, by clicking on the ever-annoyingly named 'Awesome!' button, when the Daily Login Reward pop-up appeared on top of it, so I ended up instead clicking on that. As a result, I did receive the 45-Key Daily Login Reward, but the game then promptly crashed and the Quest No. 42 reward box had disappeared when I reloaded the game. I've raised a Support Ticket, and I would imagine that the 61 Keys will be forthcoming in due course, but still - something to watch out for.

I'm actually rather surprised that this error with the Daily Login pop-up hasn't been corrected by now, since I've seen the same problem reported more than once, and by more than one player, during previous Events this year. I wasn't expecting the game to ambush me with a surprise rollover time of 00:29, but then again, and as I've said above - Elvenar moves in mysterious ways, its wonders to perform... :D

Lelanya

Mentor
Seriously now, regarding the event.
I am doing the quests of course.
But I am finding that opening chests is heavy going. I got almost nothing that I wanted (the RNG seems really off). Instead, I got a boatload of KPs directly to my bar.

Now, we specifically asked that you stop giving us this YEARS ago because it is annoying when spending widgets to get so much unplanned KPs. And you did listen, but we seem to have reverted to a previous unpopular option here.

We have also asked that you alter the nature of the KP instants so that they can be used in any context. I know you have a lot on your plate but we are nearly at optimal here:
- Chat still needs a decent display space.
- Mobile needs a decent move building option that doesn't make a player throw their device across the room.
-The map visits on desktop need a shortcut.
- And mobile still needs a better battle format both for advice and manual fighting.

Otherwise I am enjoying the event. The buildings are a good match for the theme; I'd hoped to see Eldrasil's Sawmill instead of chest prizes as Dailies, though.

Last edited by a moderator:

FieryArien

Necromancer
(...)
I got a boatload of KPs directly to my bar.

Now, we specifically asked that you stop giving us this YEARS ago because it is annoying when spending widgets to get so much unplanned KPs. And you did listen, but we seem to have reverted to a previous unpopular option here.

We have also asked that you alter the nature of the KP instants so that they can be used in any context.
(...)
Actually, I like the KPs. You are right, some universal KP instants would be fabulous. However, given the current options (plain KP, or AK instant), I must say I’m glad that (also) KPs are there to be won. My little city on beta was thrilled when I won them and even my big cities on live servers are ok with them.

Lelanya

Mentor
Actually, I like the KPs. You are right, some universal KP instants would be fabulous. However, given the current options (plain KP, or AK instant), I must say I’m glad that (also) KPs are there to be won. My little city on beta was thrilled when I won them and even my big cities on live servers are ok with them.
Well I am in the second to last chapter in an aggressive tourney fellowship that has led the way in tourney performance until recently. My Wonders are fairly high due to a bit of loitering - I try to keep this one a chapter behind my lead city. As the current tournament is prohibitive on city development regarding tourney, and I am tech locked, of course, as the developers intended, I have nowhere to put those KPs.

Alcaro

Necromancer
Almost every time any change is suggested which may involve InnoGames' programmers doing some programming, we gain the impression (how?) either that (a) "it would require too much coding" (so what else do programmers do, anyway?), and/or (b) "the work is too complicated" (presumably implying that InnoGames employs incompetent - or at least rather amateur - developers). And yet we are talking about programmers who not only can incorporate large sections of Forge of Empires' functionality into Elvenar at will (actually, this is probably quite easy, considering how very similar the two games are), but also can, and often do, target individual players with different Diamond discount offers, 'flash sales', and so on... and yet these same programmers also can't distinguish entire Servers from each other and, having done so, adjust their Event code to allow for dissimilar in-game conditions - which they themselves have created by implementing different code on each bank of Live Servers? Seriously?

This Zodiac Event is already time-demanding enough for those of us who are hoping only to acquire and level-up one Brown Bear; the number of 'old' Bear Artifacts I can win, even as a committed daily player, will be unimpressive to say the least. The new Tournaments make this building near-enough mandatory for anyone who is trying to maintain (sustainably) even a reasonable Tournament score, by which I mean at least 1,600 Points per week and no more; in Chapter VII, I am having serious problems with this, whereas I was formerly able to reach around 2,000 Points each week, or more if I made an extra effort. I am far from amused by the thought that I should simply put up with all of this just because InnoGames 'will be fine' with it. I'm certainly not fine with any of it - in fact, and in many years of video games, I really can't think of an example of any (still-existing) gaming company treating [some of] its players in such an inequitable and, frankly, presumptuous manner - well, other than EA, perhaps, although competing with them in the 'how little respect can you show to your players' stakes is probably a competition any reputable company would wish to avoid.

I wish I could give more than 1 Like to this post.
The first part of the quote is the one which is the most important. For the money they are earning such reasons for not implementing something should NEVER exist. Better be honest and say "we do not want it".

rock stream

Scholar
If it weren't for bad luck... Its taking me around 800 to 900 keys to win a daily prize. Is this game of chance harder than previous contests? Other members in our fellowship have commented on this also.

Pauly7

Magus
If it weren't for bad luck... Its taking me around 800 to 900 keys to win a daily prize. Is this game of chance harder than previous contests? Other members in our fellowship have commented on this also.
Yes, there's the lowest chance ever of winning daily prizes.

There's an interesting thing to note though -

The best chest to open for artefacts (statistically) is the 139 chest. This relies on one hinging fact though. In that chest there is a 5% chance of winning 500 keys. On average you're going to be able to find that once over the course of the event, if you always open that box. If you find it, then great, you're on track. However, statistically half of the people will never find that prize. If you're in that half then it's no longer the best chest. Using this method comes with a much greater risk than previous events when the best chest for artefacts cost 18 keys (or nuts, widgets, whatever they were). On the flipside, the other half of people may win 500 keys twice. For those it becomes an incredibly good chest... small margins here for big differences.

Deleted User - 1759805

This time around there are more pronounced differences between chest opening strategies. This event if you focus on dailies, you'll get substantially fewer grand prizes, and the other way around. In previous events the differences were more subtle.

As an example, I focused on dailies and got 4 dailies by dumping ~1300 keys. Then I switched to grand prizes and dumped almost 3500 more keys, but got only 2 dailies from that. Of course, that's significantly less than expected for the second part, but still. Focusing on grand prizes this time means going for larger chests often, and with larger chests comes higher variability. You can hit much higher than expected, or much lower than expected.