• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Autumn Zodiac

Silmaril

Community Manager
Elvenar Team
Dear Humans and Elves

Please use this thread to discuss the Autumn Zodiac!

We're looking forward to hearing your feedback!

Kind regards,
Your Elvenar Team

Hekata

Artisan
@Silmaril the announcement doesn't mention the possibility to exchange new bear artifacts for old ones as it was possible on Beta. Does that mean the option won't be available on live or it just wasn't mentioned in the announcement?

DeletedUser8409

Will it be possible to win event currency from the Magic Academy like in most previous events? It wasn't possible in the last event.

Sir Derf

Adept
Will it be impossible to win event currency from the Magic Academy like in some previous events? It was impossible in the last event.

Asking for a friend...

(Not mocking for mocking's sake. I don't consider event currency to be useful enough to give as an MA reward, and wanted to provide an opposing view.)

Pauly7

Magus
I don't think there will be any event currency available from the MO in this event. It's not there in Beta and I think Marindor answered that question and said not this time.

DeletedUser8409

Will it be impossible to win event currency from the Magic Academy like in some previous events? It was impossible in the last event.

Asking for a friend...

(Not mocking for mocking's sake. I don't consider event currency to be useful enough to give as an MA reward, and wanted to provide an opposing view.)
I didn't give a point of view, I was asking a question. Whether you want it or not its good to know if its there.

PS if you don't want event currency you can always stockpile your chests until the event is over, thus avoiding wasting your chests on the event currency.

Gargon667

Mentor
I hate event currency in MOs, especially at the ridiculously low numbers they used to give out. And with prizes in events getting worse and worse the value of event currency has only gone down since then...

And I don´t like saving MOs, because I often collect them by accident (old habits...)

Gargon667

Mentor
Looks like the bear is kinda hard so see under the overpowering building behind him? Of course it doesn´t affect it´s stats, just looks weird.
Anyway looks like another pet for the zoo with decent stats, so sure going to go into the city, but that will never see food in his entire life, because of an abysmal Feeding effect? Since last years bears we have never gotten any pet with a feeding effect worth activating... which of course is good for the pet food supply, but why even bother with an effect that is so entirely useless?

DeletedUser8409

@Sir Derf It runs from September 7th to September 27th, no start time has been given, but they are usually late morning (GMT+1).
Thanks Silmaril. Could you please confirm whether or not Mystical Objects will give event currency please?

Toursy

Alchemist
Buildings look great, the event really sounds cool even if the way to process is a bit similar with the others. On the video it still didn't mention the best way to go for the final reward (to be sure to get the building evolved at the highest level). Looks like with this event we should always go with the cheapest option?

What I like is that you brought back the old rewards into it with the possibility (finally!) to get artifacts to evolve them, but I'm a bit disappointed by the recipe (new building artifacts) and by the duration of that possibility... (it could have been for all autumn not just 3 weeks, and it could have ask for RR or other difficult things for the recipe instead of having to make a choice... especially because getting the craft into the magic academy is uncertain... which may result in having none of the building at the top level...).

Pauly7

Magus
Buildings look great, the event really sounds cool even if the way to process is a bit similar with the others. On the video it still didn't mention the best way to go for the final reward (to be sure to get the building evolved at the highest level). Looks like with this event we should always go with the cheapest option?
No, almost the opposite. The best chest for artefacts is the 139 (most expensive). The second best is the 121 (second most expensive). The reason is the strange set up this time with the number of points towards the next artefact that is assigned to each sphere. The two mentioned give 5 and 4 points respectively. The majority of the others all give 1.

Toursy

Alchemist
No, almost the opposite. The best chest for artefacts is the 139 (most expensive). The second best is the 121 (second most expensive). The reason is the strange set up this time with the number of points towards the next artefact that is assigned to each sphere. The two mentioned give 5 and 4 points respectively. The majority of the others all give 1.
Thanks for the info, quite useful :)

Jackluyt

Shaman
Here are some Comments and Suggestions from our experience in Beta:

Please feel free to submit your own comments for inclusion in our event note: https://tinyurl.com/y4va7r9o
  1. The technical production and artwork is as usual excellent.
    Well done Elvenar team!

2. The Quest Set is similar to the previous event. IMO, it is one of the best the designers have ever produced! Lots of alternatives, and not a lot of mindless repetition; also many quest requirements are ‘educative’ - and so far I have found not a single quest that any player can’t do, or which forces them to do stuff that goes against their city building philosophy.
    Well done event designers!!
    It is wonderful that the designers are so willing to listen to player feedback these days!

3. Note: If you do not particularly like the Moon Bear Building, new artifacts have appeared in Crafting Recipes that allow you to convert 2 new Bear Artifacts to 1 of the old kind, so you can evolve some Bears from last year’s event. The three old Bear buildings (Brown, Panda and Polar) can also be crafted in recipes that appear from time to time in your Magic Academy, if you do not own them already.

NOTE: There are not enough Artifacts to fully evolve a Brown Bear - you will need 18 and that is not possible in the event for an ordinary player. Artifacts may be available in a Fellowship Adventures that follows the event - but still not enough.

I also am very against the idea of needing a Fellowship Adventures to follow an event, to complete the number of Artifacts you need to evolve a building - it locks us into more FA’s per year than many players and fellowships are comfortable with.

It is really time for the designers to consider an Universal Artifact that would allow one to evolve all the buildings that newcomers find in their Magic Academy!
    I know Innogames do not want fully evolved buildings to come cheaply - so here is a suggestion:
    Why not introduce Artifact Fragments - something like Broken Rune Shards? You could win these in FA’s and other mini-events - and when you have enough of them, you can craft a Universal Artifact. To keep Artifacts rare, the designers could decide how many of these would be needed to make just one, and that would preserve the rarity.
    Old, unwanted Artifacts from buildings you co not want could also be broken to make Artifact Fragments...

4. The Daily Log-In Bonus is a superb idea! We have been pushing for this for ages. Events should be fun - and many are not - this new feature adds something different.

They could do more with it though! I would prefer a daily spin of a wheel of chance, with a small chance of winning something of value like a Dwarven Armorer or a Magic Building!! I wish they would have Daily LOG-IN bonuses every day! - not just in the events! Giving out just a few Diamonds every day would not harm the designer’s Diamond sales, because you need vast numbers of Diamonds to buy anything worthwhile. But giving a few a day has been done in other games like TrainStation (who also routinely give Diamonds to compensate players for the inconvenience of game glitches) - and it gets players used to using Diamonds - and when they have saved a lot, they might get impatient and go and buy the rest they need from the store...

5. I like having a fixed number of story quests with one a day at the end. It stops the hot-shot players rushing through and then complaining there is nothing to do!

A minor improvement, I think would be to release TWO interesting quests per day - perhaps something different and a bit challenging. Or maybe even three...

6. A general comment: Building Sets were cumbersome large, and needed one to get lucky to win all the components; Evolving Buildings are becoming same-old, same-old and the designers are struggling to come up with new ideas as good as Fire Phoenix.
    I would suggest scrapping the Grand Prize entirely - and rather have daily random mini-events and giveaways to make the event fun and keep the players interested.

7. Ending with a whimper, not a bang? Previous events have had very ordinary Exclusive buildings on the last day. That is a bit of a let-down and an anticlimax. We are hoping this one will be different! It would be nice to have, perhaps, a secret special ‘Mystery Object’ that is not in the Game File so it can’t be hacked, placed by the designers on the last day would be a really special surprise to look forward to!!
    We would all hoard our Seeds for it - not knowing if we would want it or not - and that would add excitement to events that often, sadly, are beautifully constructed but rather boring.

8. More to follow!