• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Autumn Zodiac

DeletedUser6338

I was told to put this here so it can be ignored with all the other feedback:

I am utterly furious and disappointed with Inno and their reaction to the feedback to the event changes. Not (only) because they are half-baked and ham-handed but because they are literally destroying our Fellowship.

Despite the substantial feedback about the new event format, the difficulties, the immense frustration and the negative impact on game-play and city development, Inno's last response is "Well, we are not gonna change it. Deal with it or find something else to play." For many in our FS that was the last straw.

And people do. Find something else to play. Its not only the sum of all the widely outlined event design atrocities, its basically this: "We can't play the Elvenar we love AND participate in Events. Its either-or now. Build the city the way you like OR build the stuff you need for an event. Explore and expand at your own pace OR massively overscout to accommodate Event quest requirements. Balance your economy (which is one of the nicest challenges in the game) OR be ready to accommodate huge (and pointless) gold reserves, just in case. And please don't say "WeLL YoU dOnT HAve To PLaY EvENTs" - that's one of the most inane arguments imaginable.

Bottom line is: I gave up on Events (or giving feedback about the - for what?) but now it is destroying my Fellowship and this is infuriating. People are noticeably less engaged and often just frustrated. Many have reduced playtime massively because it has become an unpleasant chore instead of a fun game.

And people are leaving. Thanks for that. Having nice people around was the one thing that made this mess bearable. Take them away... well, your reap what you sow.

agree 100%.,,... super sad because I was REALLY enjoying both the game and the fellowship with people. But when the game starts feeling like 'punishment', even the fellowship can't make me want to set here like I used to. Sure hoping I can find a game that is fun again and won't close my cities for a bit while I am looking. ;)

cwgiii

Shaman
I did want to say that if you find another game that is similar to the way Elvenar WAS, please tell me. I have been looking around for about a week and have a couple of ideas but nothing I have gotten into yet. I would love to play in a game with you again later, so if you find one and want to share it; please let me know ;)

Please keep us all in the loop. I suspect there are several people in the same boat.

hawk the slayer

Spellcaster
@Muf-Muf @Dizzy Lizzie i hope you are making the devs aware of all these players quiting the game because they refused to act on players feedback. Maybe you could get them to answer a question for me as well, why do they ask for player feedback and then don't act on it apart from some very minor tweaks that don't address the points raised ?

It really saddens me to see players so upset that they feel their only option is to stop playing all because of:
a/: Something that should never have happened in the first place and
b/: No positive responce or action taken to address the issues other than to tell us this is how its gonna be---suck it up.
And lets not forget that these are not the only guys calling it a day --- how many more are leaving that dont post here.

Timneh

Artisan
And lets not forget that these are not the only guys calling it a day --- how many more are leaving that dont post here.

2 players in my FS have quit when i told them the devs response to feedback another 1 is thinking of going and another is not going to take part in anymore events.

hawk the slayer

Spellcaster
2 players in my FS have quit when i told them the devs response to feedback another 1 is thinking of going and another is not going to take part in anymore events.

Thats one of my biggest worries --- once active players start to leave then the FS as a whole begins to crumble as it wont be possible to achieve good results in tournies or FA's anymore, the remaining players will become more and more disenchanted and therefore less and less active until it all falls apart.

DeletedUser

Most likely the fact that no other game provides what this game does is probably the reason they don't give a fart about what we think.

One or more items of the below (incomplete) list would be scrapped when looking for another game:

- Good graphics
- Fellowships (Guild system is not so unique but it is a bit in combination with non-combat games)
- Adventures (Common goal quests)
- Non-combat option
- No PvP combat
- Tech tree
- Event buildings
- Settlement/city building
- Not too heavy on the clicking

DeletedUser6357

Granted it can all be just coincidences but it's a weird random system
There is nothing accidental.
I'm glad there are people watching and sharing.
I have been inviting for a few days to write the following:
I accuse INNO-GAMES of lying or fraud, or of complete incompetence for creating a new system of tasks. Since the second is unlikely to go, it remains to be a deliberate lie from Inno.
(You can ban me from the forum, you can block my game account, but you can't change my mind - I write what I see happening in the game.)
Why?
Because the tasks are grouped by theme - either manufactories, or workshops, or provinces / relics: a bread task comes, followed by a basket, followed by a toolbox, bread, toolbox, basket ... Between them, for the sake of chance, there are 1 -2 different tasks. But the whole group of 6-10-15 tasks has only one type of buildings - the player must wait a long time, no cross tasks: 1-2 with workshops, 1-2 with manufactories, 1-2 relics / provinces ... As would be the case if the system were indeed random.
I cannot say whether the tasks are aimed at weakness in the city because my city is balanced, excluding the lack of learning technology, because I have completed Chapter 14.

DeletedUser8632

Most likely the fact that no other game provides what this game does is probably the reason they don't give a fart about what we think.

One or more items of the below (incomplete) list would be scrapped when looking for another game:

- Good graphics
- Fellowships (Guild system is not so unique but it is a bit in combination with non-combat games)
- Adventures (Common goal quests)
- Non-combat option
- No PvP combat
- Tech tree
- Event buildings
- Settlement/city building
- Not too heavy on the clicking

Stop posting stuff that gets ignored by Inno anyway and come back and do tournament! :D

You are not wrong. Especially the "no PvP". However, I bet there is a team working exactly on that because its a decent money maker.

DeletedUser1874

I accuse INNO-GAMES of lying or fraud, or of complete incompetence for creating a new system of tasks. Since the second is unlikely to go, it remains to be a deliberate lie from Inno.
Technically speaking it's not fraud, even though systems such as lootboxes (=chests for instance), which is de facto online gambling have come under heavy scrutiny by some governments (such as the Netherlands') and is become a more widespread issue amongst politicians. I can expect Germany to implement similar restrictions sooner rather than earlier, and one US Senator is trying to tackle to problem already (and the US moves way slower than the EU when it comes to this stuff). What I think is happening is that Inno is trying to squeeze as much money as possible from this system (as well as FOMO) while it still can, because the laws are coming, mark my words, it's only a matter of time. One more example: in the UK, the Department for Digital, Culture, Media & Sport Committee has recommended the Government regulates loot boxes under the Gambling Act.
Of course companies will never admit to using aggressive and predatory business schemes, and will go to such extents as to modify the wording in the vain hope of deflecting the subject (example: EA tried to rebrand lootboxes as "Surprise Mechanics" - and no I'm not even kidding). I also expect other issues will soon come to the attention of politicians and then regulated, such as the exploitation of FOMO and people with addictive personality tendencies (of which I am part so I know precisely of what do I speak), and this last event really shed light and made me realize how much of an addictive hold this game holds over me.
However as more and more attention is being raised, the more politicians will be pressured into regulating these. And because I'm an optimist, I hope Inno will realize this - however, I'm also a realist, and given the time such legislastions take to pass and become realities, I can guess we can expect at least 2-3 more years of very aggressive business schemes such as the ever-present RNG (which also gates us from getting our hands on the Teleport spell, which we'll need to play from now on, given how much space will be required and how little space is freely available (1 expansion at the beginning of Elvenar chapter, and the latter two very down in the chapter, with premium expansions costing a hundred bucks and then some? Oh Inno, don't think for a second we can't see right through you).

Pauly7

Magus
Belay that, the tournament is a complete disaster after Inno's "Rebalancing" attempt. Stay away.
Is that what everyone is losing twice as many troops as they should in this tournament?

See, Inno tries to rebalance because of all these extra grand prizes, but the people that won the most of them are still better off.

DeletedUser3571

i don't think its re-balancing, its just now we have to face the 3 star frog which can do a lot more damage than 2 star (especially the 30% defence loss, which is worse when there are more than 1 of them)

Timneh

Artisan
I can guess we can expect at least 2-3 more years of very aggressive business schemes such as the ever-present RNG (which also gates us from getting our hands on the Teleport spell, which we'll need to play from now on, given how much space will be required and how little space is freely available

That sentence made me think for a minute, could the devs be making things that players will actually need to make the game easier and putting them in features like the spire to try and force players to play those features. Very sneaky if they are.

DeletedUser

It was an honor to play with you and I am genuinely sad to see you go.

Its just incredibly sad. I remember a time I came home thinking "Yay, I can play Elvenar now!". Now its "Crap, I need to check into Elvenar. Lets get it out of the way so I can do something fun."

Thanks :) had a lot of fun, except not in the game anymore. And refuse to do stuff that I don't like anymore ;)

I did reply to you in the fs, but looking at this message; I doubt you got it ;) Just wanted to sadly say that I will be right behind you out that door. I have decided to wait a week or so to see if I can find a new game that looks similar to how things used to be here (and share the info with our fs folks) and see if a FA gets ready to start so I could help my fs's with that before I left, but I really think that Inno will change the FA's now or shortly to do similar workshop and manu requirements and mess that all up to.

I did want to say that if you find another game that is similar to the way Elvenar WAS, please tell me. I have been looking around for about a week and have a couple of ideas but nothing I have gotten into yet. I would love to play in a game with you again later, so if you find one and want to share it; please let me know ;)

If not, best wishes and I SURE hate that Inno made the choice to ignore what everyone was saying. There are many of us heading out now because the game is a chore now and not a joy!! ;(

I indeed did not get it, after using https://goodbye.innogames.com my account went non-existant instantly. Thank you too :) No matter what they change now, it's done and never will be the old game ever again. Sadly it is pretty hard to find a replacement game. But even if I don't find a replacement, if I having no fun playing it, it's useless to stay.

Belay that, the tournament is a complete disaster after Inno's "Rebalancing" attempt. Stay away.

Lol I said something about that in the other thread, they give with one hand and take away with the other when you least expect it ;) So yeah I'm going to stay away. Most likely this is the last day I can post here.

Best wishes guys and gals :)

Last edited by a moderator:

CheesePlant

Seeker
I really dislike the new random event format, especially the toolboxes from existing or previous workshops - dear god the random quests just suck and I have a feeling it's to force us to spend diamonds and PAY for high level evolved buildings.

I play a lot and I'm not rewarded for it - I want to plan like I used to be able to and now I'm questioning are the events even worth the prizes and hassle.