• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Autumn Zodiac

Timneh

Artisan
I've enjoyed having a challenge to see how far I could get rather than a set restriction that meant there was no challenge.

It depends on your perspective as to if there was a challenge or not. For a lot of players the challenge (and fun) was in the planning of how to complete the event, those players have had their challenge taken away from them.
As said above how challenging is it to just throw instants at the quests to finish but i am not saying you have done that as i don't know.

FieryArien

Necromancer
Finally, the event is over. I’m really glad I can actually play with my city again.

I love events, the planning and strategizing to achieve maximum (reasonably) possible out of it. The endless quests are set up as a full assault on my weakness. I just can’t stop playing them when they are there. And if I’m really really stuck and can’t fulfill them, I’m constantly annoyed by their presence. The new system is spoiling the game for me.

There are people saying the system is ok and it is just my fault to have a weak will. However, I don’t agree with this blaming of the victims. The system is indeed set to abuse the way people think and function. On purpose! Every game is trying to get us hooked, but for me Inno took it too far by the event redesign. If I find out I can’t adapt, I’ll be forced to quit. Btw. I’m not a big spender, but I did spend money several times here.

There are three cities:
  • Amuni city got fully evolved brown bear and 8 more artifacts. That’s 8 more artifacts than it actually needed and a lot of wasted time boosts, explored provinces, too much spent on tournament provinces, huge amount of crafting etc. I even spent diamonds - bought re-roll in Magic Academy for 50 diamonds. Of course I found out I must craft 4 of the new recipes to gain 15 VV! Simply said I should have only played to get 9 artifacts, but I failed to restrain myself and damaged my city in the process.
  • Halflings city got two fully evolved bears and it’s the only city that managed some balance. It needed some of the daily prices and it can put two bears into good use. It was more about getting lucky in the timing to be honest.
  • Chapter 5/now chapter 6 city on the German server was the city that pulled the worst out of me. It ended up with 27 artifacts and a second brown bear. The city had tough start and stayed behind the other cities for a long time, but it got sorted out eventually. The time and effort spent (no diamonds except 50 for one MA re-rolls) is embarrassing. The city is quite broke, it has hard time in the current tournie (and I must push, because it’s my boost) and I’m not yet sure what are all the long term consequences. This was a big lesson for me.

Thagdal

Sorcerer
Well i got 4 bear artifacts and over 1300 hrs of time boosts so i got what i wanted out of this event. :p:D
The last quest i got was solve 35 or 7 encounters, had 9 tourny provinces ready to go and i couldnt be bothered to do them. this event was just boring.

DeletedUser8409

It depends on your perspective as to if there was a challenge or not. For a lot of players the challenge (and fun) was in the planning of how to complete the event, those players have had their challenge taken away from them.
As said above how challenging is it to just throw instants at the quests to finish but i am not saying you have done that as i don't know.
I don't know anyone who was unable to complete the event chain when there was a cheat sheet to follow - and even if you did then the chances were you still wouldn't get the grand prize!

I see no positive reason to go back to that.

DeletedUser8409

Finally, the event is over. I’m really glad I can actually play with my city again.

I love events, the planning and strategizing to achieve maximum (reasonably) possible out of it. The endless quests are set up as a full assault on my weakness. I just can’t stop playing them when they are there. And if I’m really really stuck and can’t fulfill them, I’m constantly annoyed by their presence. The new system is spoiling the game for me.

There are people saying the system is ok and it is just my fault to have a weak will. However, I don’t agree with this blaming of the victims. The system is indeed set to abuse the way people think and function. On purpose! Every game is trying to get us hooked, but for me Inno took it too far by the event redesign. If I find out I can’t adapt, I’ll be forced to quit. Btw. I’m not a big spender, but I did spend money several times here.

There are three cities:
  • Amuni city got fully evolved brown bear and 8 more artifacts. That’s 8 more artifacts than it actually needed and a lot of wasted time boosts, explored provinces, too much spent on tournament provinces, huge amount of crafting etc. I even spent diamonds - bought re-roll in Magic Academy for 50 diamonds. Of course I found out I must craft 4 of the new recipes to gain 15 VV! Simply said I should have only played to get 9 artifacts, but I failed to restrain myself and damaged my city in the process.
  • Halflings city got two fully evolved bears and it’s the only city that managed some balance. It needed some of the daily prices and it can put two bears into good use. It was more about getting lucky in the timing to be honest.
  • Chapter 5/now chapter 6 city on the German server was the city that pulled the worst out of me. It ended up with 27 artifacts and a second brown bear. The city had tough start and stayed behind the other cities for a long time, but it got sorted out eventually. The time and effort spent (no diamonds except 50 for one MA re-rolls) is embarrassing. The city is quite broke, it has hard time in the current tournie (and I must push, because it’s my boost) and I’m not yet sure what are all the long term consequences. This was a big lesson for me.
"victims"

Don't be ridiculous. As someone who was hospitalised by an assault once, I find the idea that a game giving you opportunities to play being described as "victims" is just offensive.

DeletedUser8409

I'm curious how many of these people objecting to not being able "to finish" the event "finish" the Tournament by doing all unlocked provinces to 6 Stars every week, or whether they figure out to stop rather than doing all to 6*

DeletedUser8409

It is ridiculous to compare the tournament with the last event.
Should I explain why?
Sure, go ahead.

I do the Tournament every week but almost never "complete" it. I'm trying to "complete" it to 5* this week and am on track as it stands *touch wood* to win the tournament for the first time ever, but I don't think I've ever since the initial chapters completed a week to 6*

Pauly7

Magus
For me, I think that random quests are better (I know that is contraversial). @randblade is right - there was no challenge in having 100 pre-planned quests that anyone with a bit of free space and access to a cheat sheet could complete in less than a quarter of the time.

Endless quests and endless grand prizes, however, is a ridulous idea - I've explained my reasons 2 or 3 times.

I wouldn't object to the following:

- A finite number of randomly appearing quests. Let's say there are 250 quests and they could hit in any order.

- There could be 2 grand prizes. You get one for completing quest 100 and you get the other for completing 250. In doing this Inno will have regulated the effect of players having them both and the impact on the game.

- After the 250 quests people can play on through random chance potentially repeating and endless quests. They're all tough - complete a province, 45 tournament encounters, etc, but all you get is one minor prize for each 15 completed - ie a Wishing Well, a Ferris Wheel, etc.

- For me I'd also like the current chapter workshop and manu idea to be abolished because why should we be forced into building cities a certain way. Instead adopt the challenge event idea of having any of the manufactories counting.

Timneh

Artisan
I don't know anyone who was unable to complete the event chain when there was a cheat sheet to follow - and even if you did then the chances were you still wouldn't get the grand prize!

I see no positive reason to go back to that.

I know 2 people that did not finish an event even with a cheat sheet. That was down to lack of playing time (some people have real lives) but it does not change the fact that even with cheat sheets they did not finish the events.
My comment was not about players being able to finish events or not. I said that a lot of players used planning the event as the challenge and fun and that they have been robbed of that by this new system.
To stop the possibility of an ongoing discussion i will end by saying that you are entitled to your opinion and everyone else is also entitled to theirs. Opinions are just that, opinions, there are no right ones or wrong ones.

alsael

Enchanter
The only constant and always worth-getting thing in all events,are time boosts.They are always useful to ...everything,and they are never enough:p

DeletedUser8632

"victims"

Don't be ridiculous. As someone who was hospitalised by an assault once, I find the idea that a game giving you opportunities to play being described as "victims" is just offensive.

Or maybe, just MAYBE, somebody doesn't have English as a first language, uses google translate and this is what came out. But you are right, lets forget the Event and focus on how offended you are by all this.

EdwardTrunk

Soothsayer
I don't know anyone who was unable to complete the event chain when there was a cheat sheet to follow.
The fact you don't know any isn't really relevant. Personally, I know plenty of players who have failed to complete events in the past irrespective of whether a 'cheat sheet', as you put it, was available.

LazyTony

Sorcerer
What's for sure is I had more fun when the event reached a point where it was OVER and I was happy, accomplished and satisfied. Now it's never over, and I always crave for more, not unlike a heroin addict. And that's exactly what Inno wants. Get us addicted. Now that's something to think about, isn't it?

Couldn't agree more. This is why endless quests are non-negotiable. Don't blame devs, this is the business analysts telling the devs how it has to be. You can just see the conversation at Inno HQ. Business guys: "We need endless events. Folks are only spending money for a week or 2". Devs: "But, but, that will break game balance by giving away too many high powered prizes, wear the players out and create a less enjoyable game". Business guys: "Not relevant. Do as you are told".

LazyTony

Sorcerer
"victims"

Would you consider drug addicts victims? This new system is designed to exploit the same dopamine system that physical drugs do. So yes, ofc a physical assault is more serious than being sold an addictive substance. But the consequences of addiction can be every bit as severe as a physical assault.

Last edited:

DeletedUser8409

Would you consider drug addicts victims? This new system is designed to exploit the same dopamine system that physical drugs do. So yes, ofc a physical assault is more serious than being sold an addictive substance. But the consequences of addiction can be every bit as severe as a physical assault.
No, I would consider drug addicts to have a disease, not to be victims.

Would you consider everyone who ever buys alcohol to be a victim? Is every customer at an off-licence or a restaurant or a pub a "victim"?

LazyTony

Sorcerer
No, I would consider drug addicts to have a disease, not to be victims.

Would you consider everyone who ever buys alcohol to be a victim? Is every customer at an off-licence or a restaurant or a pub a "victim"?

Ahh, ok so the players aren't victims, but Elvenar is a cause of disease. Glad we cleared that up :D

And recent changes are designed to make it a bigger cause of disease, i.e. more addictive. And you approve of those changes, so you would no doubt approve of more nicotine in cigarettes, or THC in weed etc.

Last edited:

Lelanya

Mentor
So
I have 5 cities under Lel and 2 under my alternate. In the past I enjoyed planning the events and pitting my different level cities against each other, to see what is feasible for different levels.

I did not 'complete' the event anywhere. I got 6 upgrades with my 3+ year old cities, and only 1 with part time ones. The others had a mix. For me this event was a fail because I didn't get a single level 10 bear anywhere.

I have many more notes at home. But overall I found that the lower the city level the harder the event was, and the more crippling in terms of adding resources, or pushing research or scouting too far. Everyone i know say that certain quests came up way too often.