• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Autumn Zodiac

Hekata

Artisan
Ah that glorious feeling of just logging in, collecting everything in a few swipes without wondering "what if I get that quest", starting productions and logging out for 3 hours :)

Timneh

Artisan
Would you consider everyone who ever buys alcohol to be a victim? Is every customer at an off-licence or a restaurant or a pub a "victim"?

No, not everyone that goes for a drink is a victim, most of them have their drink then go home and do not worry about when they will have the next one, but that few that do worry about where they will get that next drink are victims. They are victims of whatever happened in their life that made them turn to drink in the first place. Some drug addicts are the way they are because of what happened to them, i could give you an example but i don't know if it would be allowed here.
This new event system has been designed to try and get as much money out of players as possible and if you read back through this thread you can see it has worked to some degree because some players have said that they have bought diamonds when normally they wouldn't have. The devs are preying on players FOMO (and exploiting it to great effect it would seem). In a business sense i guess it is a good move but morally it is wrong and inexcusable.

m4rt1n

Adept
So
I have 5 cities under Lel and 2 under my alternate. In the past I enjoyed planning the events and pitting my different level cities against each other, to see what is feasible for different levels.

I did not 'complete' the event anywhere. I got 6 upgrades with my 3+ year old cities, and only 1 with part time ones. The others had a mix. For me this event was a fail because I didn't get a single level 10 bear anywhere.

I have many more notes at home. But overall I found that the lower the city level the harder the event was, and the more crippling in terms of adding resources, or pushing research or scouting too far. Everyone i know say that certain quests came up way too often.

I agree, it has caused rage quit delete a city in our fellowship and other players on the verge of quitting. I am doing my best to hold everyone together. We have victims of the event. Sorry if victim is upsetting to some but I also have been hospitalised for 2 weeks with a serious assault a few years ago and could have passed away. I was a victim then and am a victim now with my mental health and financial pressure from Inno.

The random isn't my issue, it's the repetitive up to 6 times in a row myself, get 11 relics, 45/9 encounters and scout/tech/15vv that completely killed me.

I suggested many pages back an alternative random system that would prevent the killer quests appearing back to back, at most 1:6 and on average 1:15.

DeletedUser1874

"victims"

Don't be ridiculous. As someone who was hospitalised by an assault once, I find the idea that a game giving you opportunities to play being described as "victims" is just offensive.
Where there are predators, there are victims. The fact that you got assaulted doesn't make you more of a victim than someone with a gambling addiction or something similar, and someone that exploits such a condition is by definition a predator. What I find... well not offensive, but quite frankly rather puerile, is the need to be "the bigger victim", to win the "race to pain". It's not a race, and I might remind you that some people with gambling addictions end up ruining their lives, their families', and up to killing themselves because of it. Likewise, yes, alcoholics and drug addicts are victims - ask yourself what made them alcoholics in the first place, perhaps there's a cause to be found. And even if somehow no other reason than pure masochism exists, what are we to do? Blame the diseased?
Also read this again and try to understand it, instead of trying to win an internet argument:
Would you consider drug addicts victims? This new system is designed to exploit the same dopamine system that physical drugs do. So yes, ofc a physical assault is more serious than being sold an addictive substance. But the consequences of addiction can be every bit as severe as a physical assault.

Timneh

Artisan
No more stress, anxiety and worry, TODAY I enjoyed playing for the first time in a month.

Perhaps the devs should think about this reaction as well. If they keep making events that cause players stress and worry those players could just say that the events are not worth it and ignore them. Most people do not join games to get more stress in their lives, they join to escape the stress they already have (at least i do and that is why i am ignoring future events up to the point i have set myself where i leave the game).

DeletedUser8632

I have many more notes at home. But overall I found that the lower the city level the harder the event was, and the more crippling in terms of adding resources, or pushing research or scouting too far. Everyone i know say that certain quests came up way too often.

I agree with you and as a direct result of the event I will retire two out of my three cities.

And this is probably what infuriates me most about this event system. At one point Inno communicated that (I paraphrase but if anybody insists I will try to find the exact post): "The feedback from players was that the event negatively impacts the city development so we introduced these changes to address this issue". Lets forget for a second that people didn't complain about the event mechanics hampering city development but the amount events but did. But this new system completely wrecks production and development (at least for me) for a month and you are stuck at the end of a chapter until the event is over.

Timneh

Artisan
Quite true @tesla333 but the devs have a habit of taking a piece of feedback and twisting it to fit with what they want and then turning round and saying that the change was due to player feedback. That is the reason i always say be careful what you wish for in this game because you just might get it. The chances are though that it will not be the way you asked for it to be.

DeletedUser8632

Quite true @tesla333 but the devs have a habit of taking a piece of feedback and twisting it to fit with what they want and then turning round and saying that the change was due to player feedback. That is the reason i always say be careful what you wish for in this game because you just might get it. The chances are though that it will not be the way you asked for it to be.

Edit: In no way am I criticizing the language capabilities of anybody in the Inno team. I just thought this is a bit how feedback between players and devs seems to be.

Pauly7

Magus
Behind all the stress and frustration we must remember that we have spent a month getting rewarded handsomely with buildings, other prizes, hundreds or thousands of extra KP. That being said how meaningful can it be if every is getting the same.

Overall I am in agreement. Many of us fell in love with this game when all we were doing was crafting our cities how we liked, then every once in a while an event was thrown is to break up its own tedium.

On the other side I personally do hate having to constantly turn my city into a bomb site of level 1 manufactories and I am always glad once I can tear them back down. The biggest upside of the new system is that I don't need to do this anymore. I didn't think I would ever find a positive out of that, but I've gone and done it. No, Inno, it does not make me like it and I absolutely won't start building extra big buildings for events. I am actually smugly looking forward to not worrying about upcoming events.

Surely they can see that even if everyone loved the events they would make that meaningless by having a constant barrage of them. Sure, by now we understand that the devs think they know what we want better than all of us put together, but you still have to build anticipation for an event... or it ceases to be an "event".

DeletedUser8632

Behind all the stress and frustration we must remember that we have spent a month getting rewarded handsomely with buildings, other prizes, hundreds or thousands of extra KP.

You are right. And I know I am guilty of forgetting this frequently

Timneh

Artisan
Behind all the stress and frustration we must remember that we have spent a month getting rewarded handsomely with buildings, other prizes, hundreds or thousands of extra KP.

While i mostly agree with you i want to say that i know of some players that have been unable to take part in this last event due to lack of space to upgrade buildings to the required level. They would have had to tear their cities apart in the middle of a guest race to reorganize and ...well, just not worth it for an event, after all there will be another one in a couple of weeks.

Surely they can see that even if everyone loved the events they would make that meaningless by having a constant barrage of them. Sure, by now we understand that the devs think they know what we want better than all of us put together, but you still have to build anticipation for an event... or it ceases to be an "event".

The way things are going there is a possibility that events will be looked at with dread instead of anticipation (for some at least).

DeletedUser1874

Surely they can see that even if everyone loved the events they would make that meaningless by having a constant barrage of them.
I wouldn't hold my breath on that. They didn't even wait for the event to be over to start with the Elvenar race, and now there's a challenge running, and soon the Halloween questline. They won't hold back for the same reason a drug dealer doesn't hold back on selling drugs to their customers - I'm sorry for the hyperbolic comparison, Inno guys, but you made this game addictive on purpose, and as the old adagio goes, you reap what you sow. And I for one felt very damaged by this event. Not in game, of course, no, I have an army of powerful bears now, but as I said in another post, my real life suffered because of it. Cancelled stuff with friends to keep up with the never-ending quests, slept less than usual, always had my iPad in my bag with two really heavy power banks which did nothing good for my already damaged shoulder, and so on.

DeletedUser3671

No more stress, anxiety and worry, TODAY I enjoyed playing for the first time in a month. :)
Absolutely no stress and worry because of Elvenar.

This event was the final thing to kill the last joy in me to the game.

Ohh, it went fine. I got my level 10 bear and a few more artifacts. But never have i been so bored and also annoyed with the game. I know i'm not the only one, and i know i'm not the only one either who has now left the game because of it.

Best of luck to the rest of you :)

Hekata

Artisan
Sorry to see you go @Elivar . So many players are leaving, this is so sad :( I really hope Inno is aware of this and will do something to fix things and make this game enjoyable again. If not, more will follow. It was hard to keep players even before all these changes as a huge percentage of those who started would quite very fast. Now if the long time players are leaving it's going to be very empty very fast :(

Killiak

Artisan
Behind all the stress and frustration we must remember that we have spent a month getting rewarded handsomely with buildings, other prizes, hundreds or thousands of extra KP. That being said how meaningful can it be if every is getting the same.

Yes, we were well rewarded for the efforts. People who planned their spending were probably able to gain lots of rewards.
What is the most telling to me though, keeping the above in mind, is that people were NOT having fun doing it, were frustrated, stressed, and told us that it felt like a job and a struggle. So the question really is; was it worth it?

For me personally, I didn't push so hard and set my goals LOW. So I suppose for me it was worth it, but I am also very glad that it is over.

DeletedUser1874

Extreme example, but probably right. It's why I called for people to cut off the diamond purchasing if they don't like the events or feel there are too many. If people keep spending to keep up with the events, Inno will keep supplying them thicker and faster.
And cut them off I did. I replaced direct spending with diamond farms. They require more effort and time, and time is money - and given how much I make per hour when working, I'm literally losing more money this way - but at least it won't end up in Inno's hands in a time where Inno's business plan gets more greedy and predatory by the day. Perhaps if more people voted with their wallets, /our guy/ Jim Sterling would have less stuff to (righteously) rant about it. It's not always easy to vote with one's wallet though, when FOMO and psychological vulnerabilities are so masterfully exploited. As someone with a personality which is prone to addiction and impulse-buying, I should know.
And I gotta say, voting with one's wallet feels good. For instance, I just came back from a session of my favorite hobby, which won't mention since a forum reader suffers from hoplophobia, in which I spent double the amount I usually spend on a weekend. And being petty and infantile, I feel fantastic in knowing that money that could've ended up in Inno's shareholders greedy hands instead went up in flames - really, it literally went up in flames! HAH!
P.s. the more I think about it, the more I feel like my example wasn't actually extreme, especially if I draw a comparison with today's aforementioned session. Nobody came to me and told me "hey, we couldn't help but notice that you're shooting on the 10 meters line. We could give you access to the 12,5 and 25 meters lines, but you'd have to pay a hundred bucks. Oh, and we also noticed you're using standard-quality JSPs. How about we get you some premium quality FMJs instead? They only cost three times as much, and cause much less wear and distress on your barrel. What say you?" Nope. As a NSR member I have access to all lines from 10 to 300 meters and all kind of rounds at the same price as everyone else, with no additional fees. And here's the kicker - there are events there too, in the form of nonagonistic competitions. Competitions with actual prizes! Trophies! And guess how much participating costs? Nothing at all. It's all already covered by the yearly membership card. Heck, even the governmental taxes on my gun license are a symbolic EUR 1 per year - which means that a government - a government, of all things! - is literally less greedy than Inno's shareholders. Imagine that. /rant out