• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

A game should be fun ... this has become just a chore.

Status
Not open for further replies.

anonglitch

Co-Community Manager
Elvenar Team
As has already been said the addition of more mods is not the issue, all the mods can do is forward the feedback to the devs. It is the devs that are the problem when they seem to disregard that feedback and just do what they want to do anyway and not give even a tiny response to the feedback that they "are looking forward to getting". Do they not realise that it makes it look like they do not care about the people that are actually keeping them in their jobs ?

Keep in mind that all feedback reaches the developers. Proven is that we have brought several changes to the new tournament format, and Elvenar is constantly evolving. Please, be assured that all feedback goes to the developers, this is why we appreciate so much constructive feedback, as collectively as a community, we improve Elvenar.

Silmaril

Community Manager
Elvenar Team
So please keep on providing us with feedback!
Make sure you are adding it to the correct thread as if for instance you are giving feedback and stats in this one for the Tournament, it can be easily missed and we don't want to miss a thing whilst we have the opportunity to be fully heard and reacted to.

C-Nymph

Necromancer
be assured that all feedback goes to the developers
Oh, I’m sure you pass everything on... However, there seems to be a translation issue somewhere down the line.

as collectively as a community, we improve Elvenar.

Disclaimer: I, as part of this community, hereby declare I had nothing to do with the terrible mess that has been created with the new tourney system.

That is all on the devs...

Gargon667

Mentor
Then they added a very small amount (generally known by the term "significant increase") to the once a day collection. I can now make MUCH less tier 5 in 24 hours in my new and improved Moon Bear than I can in 3 hours in my boosted tier 5. This is my regular tier 5 with an MM spell, and the significantly increased Moon Bear. The lower left of the 1st pic shows my 3 hour amount of t5 sentient goods. (12,077) The right pic is the new and improved Moon Bear t5 amount for 24 hours. (4350) Sigh
View attachment 4742View attachment 4743

The problem in your calculation is that you look only at 1 single production, while multiple productions and costs are involved in both sides of the comparison. It is the same old mistake everybody makes every time there is an evolving building to compare.

I have not done the calculation on the new bear yet, but am rather happy to bet any amount of KP instants you want that the bear will beat the factory on a per square production. So far every single evolving building has beaten the standard buildings. I doubt Inno would make a mistake like that. It would have to be a horribly useless building to be worse than standard building menu stuff lol.

Gargon667

Mentor
Oh and I might add that, I am rather sure that also the original version of the bear was good, people wanted more of something, so devs gave you what you wanted, since the building was perfectly fine before, they had to reduce something else, otherwise it would become overpowered.

Pauly7

Magus
The problem in your calculation is that you look only at 1 single production, while multiple productions and costs are involved in both sides of the comparison. It is the same old mistake everybody makes every time there is an evolving building to compare.
The Moon Bear is underwhelming compared to previous evolving buildings. I think you are right, up to a point, but only for a player who needs an extra small amount of all the things it offers. I made the Golem worth my while because those free supplies coupled with the other (non-resource draining) stuff made it justifiable - plus I think it looks cool! Previous evolving buildings have practically been no-brainers. The May Tree outstrips any residence on coin production, for example.

I won't build the Moon Bear because it offers a now much smaller slice of each reward. As it doesn't involve any coins or supplies then for me, personally, everything else doesn't make it work.

I'm yet to build a Polar Bear so guess where my new artefacts will be going!

Gargon667

Mentor
I'm yet to build a Polar Bear so guess where my new artefacts will be going!

I doubt there are 2 opinions on which of those 2 is better...

However I assume the new bear is also 3x3? Halfing all numbers from other evolving buildings would be in order. producing small amounts on small space is perfectly good, as long as the per square production is good. The actual size of the building is rather unimportant.

I agree on the Golem, I think my new favorite evolving non-pet. Extra powerful at both T3 and mana pruduction (for each of them alone worth building). I stopped looking at supplies and Sorceresses, because a building that is twice worth its size is going in even if it gives me nothing else lol. Actually because you mentioned it, I quickly checked, the supplies production is better than a Magic WS in chapter 16, because it also receives the culture boost (lucky for us they made the supplies the main production) :) of course a magic WS would be spelled with PoP and therefore much better, but still a pretty decent amount :)

Killiak

Artisan
I am looking to get a Polar to level 10, as part of my new tournament survival strategy. The daily production is just gravy to my plans.

Gargon667

Mentor
I am looking to get a Polar to level 10, as part of my new tournament survival strategy. The daily production is just gravy to my plans.

wish I had another base for a brown bear... But for me the decision is between the new bear, finishing my lvl9 panda or starting a whole new Panda... that´s a bit more tricky, I would wait and see how many artifacts I get, but I suppose then I´ll be unable to convert them all in the end... I guess new bear it will be and then see if I can get my old panda finished. Maybe they hand out old artifacts like they did with the phoenix? I haven´t looked at the event at all yet.

Pauly7

Magus
Of course the big problem with all these evolving buildings is not being able to teleport them. This makes me give serious consideration before placing any of them.

Actually because you mentioned it, I quickly checked, the supplies production is better than a Magic WS in chapter 16, because it also receives the culture boost (lucky for us they made the supplies the main production) :) of course a magic WS would be spelled with PoP and therefore much better, but still a pretty decent amount :)
Hmm, not sure about this. I just checked it against my Magic Workshop (boosted with PoP) and that is outputting more tools in an hour than the Golem does in 24 hours. My Golem is well buffed too, as my culture bonus currently sits at 230%. I guess the culture bonus doesn't matter anyway, as that boosts Golem and Workshop.

Pauly7

Magus
I've broken it down a little further. If I remove the PoP advantage on the Magic Workshop (Chapter 15) and then assume I am getting 1 x 9hr + 4 x 3hr in a day, then I end up with 815,362 in 24 hours. The Golem gives me 182,850.

If we translate that into amount of supplies per tile in 24 hours, then it is 32,614 for the MW and 20,316 for the Golem. Much closer, but the MW always wins. The Golem was still worth it for me, though, as I have less good workshops to compare it to, plus it costs no culture and also gives me other treats.

Timneh

Artisan
Keep in mind that all feedback reaches the developers. Proven is that we have brought several changes to the new tournament format, and Elvenar is constantly evolving. Please, be assured that all feedback goes to the developers, this is why we appreciate so much constructive feedback, as collectively as a community, we improve Elvenar.

No one is claiming that feedback is not being passed to the devs, that has already being stated by several players so please stop repeating it.
There are some people on the forum that have already shown figures showing that the changes that have been made are so small they make no noticeable difference so please stop saying that changes have been made as though those changes have made a huge difference. If you keep saying those same things many more times you are going to start sounding like a parrot.

Gargon667

Mentor
I've broken it down a little further. If I remove the PoP advantage on the Magic Workshop (Chapter 15) and then assume I am getting 1 x 9hr + 4 x 3hr in a day, then I end up with 815,362 in 24 hours. The Golem gives me 182,850.

If we translate that into amount of supplies per tile in 24 hours, then it is 32,614 for the MW and 20,316 for the Golem. Much closer, but the MW always wins. The Golem was still worth it for me, though, as I have less good workshops to compare it to, plus it costs no culture and also gives me other treats.

All true, just keep calculating and add the extra space the MWS needs for it population and culture to its footprint and reduce the Golems footprint by the same amount per square for its pop and culture bonus. This depends on how you produce pop/culture (regular houses/Mhouses etc.)

m4rt1n

Adept
Of course the big problem with all these evolving buildings is not being able to teleport them. This makes me give serious consideration before placing any of them.

Hmm, not sure about this. I just checked it against my Magic Workshop (boosted with PoP) and that is outputting more tools in an hour than the Golem does in 24 hours. My Golem is well buffed too, as my culture bonus currently sits at 230%. I guess the culture bonus doesn't matter anyway, as that boosts Golem and Workshop.

Yes, it would be very nice if evolving building could be teleported. They don't have to make it easy just possible. How about a teleport spell required for each level, so 10 for a fully evolved building.

Pauly7

Magus
All true, just keep calculating and add the extra space the MWS needs for it population and culture to its footprint and reduce the Golems footprint by the same amount per square for its pop and culture bonus. This depends on how you produce pop/culture (regular houses/Mhouses etc.)
It's quite difficult to assess the value of population. It isn't as simple as residence vs magic residence. I don't have any residences from my current chapter. I have two Constructs level residences and they're my best ones. For someone who's population comes from houses then sure, we could do a value calculation based on those. For me the bigger majority comes from culture buildings and evolving buildings, so it's complicated. I also always have excess population, so I don't worry.

We're still singing from the same hymn sheet, though, as we both have the Golem and both like it!

Gargon667

Mentor
It's quite difficult to assess the value of population. It isn't as simple as residence vs magic residence. I don't have any residences from my current chapter. I have two Constructs level residences and they're my best ones. For someone who's population comes from houses then sure, we could do a value calculation based on those. For me the bigger majority comes from culture buildings and evolving buildings, so it's complicated. I also always have excess population, so I don't worry.

We're still singing from the same hymn sheet, though, as we both have the Golem and both like it!

i guess the first thing I would ask is: Is the population you have extra really excess or do you have plans for using it in the future? If it is excess, delete something old. If it is going to be used for something just count it as already used.

What I do in that case with various pop producing buildings, but no clear standard building making up the bulk is: I use the building that I would delete next if I had more population, so in your case I guess the lowest level residence you have? Because that is the building that would go if I place a new one with pop.
Culture is in a way more complicated (because rarely there is a standard building), but it is also easier if we simply assume Culture is completely useless :) At least I hold it like that, because I have more culture than I need for 170% culture boost simply as a byproduct of all the event buildings I have like Strategists, vallorians, Orc Nests etc... So I tend to ignore culture, but at certain stages of the game when I was not in such a situation I used to define an arbitrary number like pop is 5 or 10 times more valuable to me as culture is and then use that.

DeletedUser2838

I don't have enough trrops under the new ournament system to figh both tournament and Spire. So the Spire is by diplomacy. On the first level that requires a litle thought, and to fail a station is really unlucky. At the second level it bcomes more dificult and I might ned to use diamonds on the last station. By the time you get to the third level, routinely trying to place 7 different items in varying amounts from 0 to 5 into 5 spaces in three goes it is almost impossible. You have to be extremely lucky to do it. The choice is diamonds and you end up spending more diamonds than you win, or retrying the station, and my complaint here is that the costs of supplies, coins, goods, sentient goods and Orcs at these stations is far to high on Level 3 so that having to retry most stations 2 or 3 times is draining my city. I can only attempt the full spire about once every 6 weeks, and I'm still getting through my stocks of coins and supplies instants dspite having magic residences and workshops. The Spire costs are now far too high under the new tournament system

Sir Derf

Adept
Oh no, I have to make choices in order to voluntarily participate up to arbitrarily chosen levels in the optional components of a game.

Status
Not open for further replies.