• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

A game should be fun ... this has become just a chore.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser7436

I really enjoyed Elvenar. I've spent many happy hours chatting with my Fellowship, building my city, buying a few diamonds here and there, competing in tournaments, racing up the spire .... that enjoyment has been completely destroyed as all I do is look for supply boosts and time boosts to replace troops completely decimated in a matter of minutes for very little gain or fun.The spire (which can get VERY expensive either in terms of troop losses or in goods and diamonds) is no longer an option ... without the spire I cannot compete at all ... any level. I have 3 cities at very different stages, but each one has basically become just a factory to keep up with the tournament demands.

I hate the change and will most likely stop playing. I want to come home, relax and have fun, not jump on the hamster wheel of time instants, supply instants, more troops, grab every troop booster, hope I get something useful in the MA or Spire, do an event, then do an FA to get the boosters that weren't possible in the event, do another event, need more boosters, make more troops, on and on and on.... the only reason it isn't boring is because I am in brilliant Fellowships in every world.

But enough... no trust that you won't just change everything again always to disadvantage the players. Idiots!

DeletedUser6472

I wonder what they are hoping for. I doubt that the high percentage of new players ever make it even to chapter 6, most of them quit by the chapter 5. We are the biggest player base that Inno has, experienced and resilient players that are now very, very upset. Most of us have multiple cities and some have push cities that might appear to Inno as many new players. It is virtually impossible to make players who have left the game for more than a month to return , so good luck to you Inno to survive this tournament changes that you insist on...

Gargon667

Mentor
Looks like there is an easy fix to all your problems, play the tourney less, only the use the troops you don´t need for the spire. And do big tourneys when you have nothing else to do than boost troops...

Gramps

Seeker
Must admit as a newcomer (6 months) I like tournament changes and can now get much further without severe losses.

FA chests have gotten worse though and third chest rewards are rubbish if you already have all the tokens.

DeletedUser501

Enchanter
Absolutely Right Nettromancer, as a medium player who really loved playing tournament and have been preparing to reach big scores as my big fellows all this time, this new absurd tournament format just have vanished that, I mean, yes INNO can elevate difficulty to make tournament harder, INNO can put mixed enemies so you have to deal with a new way of fighting tournament provinces, BUT THIS IS JUST MADNESS.
You´re only capable to get Enemy Squad Sizes beyond 15th-16th if you have lot boosters, if you get bunch of UUUs, Dwarven Armorers, if you got a Phoenix bird at 10th level, or several brown bears AND EVEN LIKE THAT, you´ll have enormous loses, and even with 5hr boosters, diamonds or whatever you could get from Spire the capability to recover from the loses in long run won´t be sustainable (as me and many other are facing now in Crystal tourney)... And all this for what? All this much harder and more expensive form of tournament for what? The same rewards as the old tourney??? This is unfair by every point you see it, no excuse for INNO forcing this crap in Elvenar.

@Muf-Muf INNO I am a constant diamond buyer, you can check all my transactions, but if you want to lose costumers, with this new way of tournament format you´re doing great.

Maillie

Spellcaster
I will never understand how MMO's always come to a point where they believe that the players are having too much fun and it MUST be stopped. If you look at the greatest MMOrpgs you will find this over and over. It makes no sense and always leads to the destruction of the game. The odd thing is that once the developers see the game going down in flames they NEVER revert back to the original game that was fun.

I had a key to be a Beta tester in the game that was referred to as the "King of MMO's" (not everyone could simply sign up to be a Beta tester there) when an expansion came out that was absolutely horrible. Thousands of pages of rants fell on deaf ears and it was released in the same miserable condition it was in Beta. Outcome? They lost over a million subscriptions a month until their player base was less than it was a decade prior when it was first released. That's actually where I heard of this game, the WoW Beta forum.

If you have the idea that "they'll get used to it" I have sad news, none of the games ever returned to their glory and most went from being monthly subscription games to becoming Free to Play. People won't pay for something that's no longer fun.

Geminatrix

Soothsayer
I still find a bit of fun and joy in this game but have to say .. the fellowship adventures are STILL too much hard work for whats gained and yet almost impossible to avoid some falling in and trying to drag others with them into the mire of a neverending road leading to that ellusive evolve or 2

I like that the tournaments are now much quicker but ... troops/res used seems higher for me. Maybe easier for newer cities, have to see over time

AstralSoul

Illusionist
Well, one of the positive aspects of the tournament changes is that makes things faster. Catering seems alarming, but you need to divide by four. I've lost a lot of troops too, but I am neither seeing huge extra spending, I see the increased difficulty, that's for sure. But I happen to have a lot of things going on this week, and wrapping up the tournament in five minutes is great. And it will contribute to stopping hoarding millions of RSS haha.

DeletedUser7526

I will never understand how MMO's always come to a point where they believe that the players are having too much fun and it MUST be stopped. If you look at the greatest MMOrpgs you will find this over and over. It makes no sense and always leads to the destruction of the game. The odd thing is that once the developers see the game going down in flames they NEVER revert back to the original game that was fun.

I had a key to be a Beta tester in the game that was referred to as the "King of MMO's" (not everyone could simply sign up to be a Beta tester there) when an expansion came out that was absolutely horrible. Thousands of pages of rants fell on deaf ears and it was released in the same miserable condition it was in Beta. Outcome? They lost over a million subscriptions a month until their player base was less than it was a decade prior when it was first released. That's actually where I heard of this game, the WoW Beta forum.

If you have the idea that "they'll get used to it" I have sad news, none of the games ever returned to their glory and most went from being monthly subscription games to becoming Free to Play. People won't pay for something that's no longer fun.
Agree. It’s a lot less fun. Not just because we are used to high rewards but some of us paid for it. And paid players are penalised.

DeletedUser3988

Any idea why the start and particularly the end of the FA has changed? We may have missed that this was going to happen (was there an announcement to warn us of that or was the assumption that we should know without info that it was going to be different from previous FAs?) and it has caused no end of issues in the Fellowship I am a part of, as many have missed the end of the Adventure. I doubt ours is the only Fellowship that has found this to be an issue. Has this time change affected any other region for good or ill? (Perish the thought that it was intentional!)

Sir Derf

Adept
How do you miss the end of a Fellowship Adventure, when there is a countdown clock visible to all once the FA starts?

Oh yeah, 2 out of the 3 clocks round down to the nearest day... :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.