• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

A game should be fun ... this has become just a chore.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pauly7

Magus
If your city is military-based like many, you already will have a lot of orcs from armories
Define 'a lot'. It's very difficult to keep on top of Orc requirements, without having the new tournament requirements on top of it.

Catering gold, tools, and mana is generally a "please carter me" as it's worth more than fighting it, especially when they ask for all three! When they ask for your tightest goods, and orcs, its an excellent time to use force instead!
I think you will find that describing gold as though it's freely available, and more so than T1-3, does not agree with the perception of the majority.

It is essential to understand that this also makes the game more appealing to our new players, and that is positive for everybody.
Being appealing to new players doesn't make it positive for everybody.
That means more NH visits, more FSs, and a broader player base that sticks to the game.
That seems like a really short-sighted statement. The broader player base is not likely to stick to the game because if they do then they will find themselves falling foul of the same problems as everybody else. Typically the majority of new players do not stick to any game. Elvenar has a base of players who did so already and a lot of these people now become more likely to leave.
Change is scary, but it is not necessarily bad :)
I don't think anyone is 'scared' of change. They just dislike change which is bad for them. As you've already consented to, these changes are purely focussed on new players.

Sorry for all the negativity the first time I've interacted with you, but your post seems to lack the knowledge of points from many many people across several servers for several weeks.

I can't help but feel this thread should be merged with the tournament feedback thread. I very much doubt any devs are going to see any of this.

Errandil

Conjurer
And as with everything, eventually, we all come up with the right strategy. Change is scary, but it is not necessarily bad :)
You do realise that with the new tournament formula the game progression and city development is making things worse after some point, right? So the right strategy now is to find a sweet spot and stop there. In my opinion this is a definition of a bad change.

anonglitch

Co-Community Manager
Elvenar Team
Sorry for all the negativity the first time I've interacted with you, but your post seems to lack the knowledge of points from many many people across several servers for several weeks.

I can't help but feel this thread should be merged with the tournament feedback thread. I very much doubt any devs are going to see any of this.

No worries, I am okay with all points of view, that's what the forums are for! I am well aware of the points from many many people, absolutely, but we both know that not every single player will agree with everything, while others will like it. This tournament change is a big transition, and that's why we have this thread going. If we didn't listen, this thread wouldn't exist. We always welcome all feedback :)

Be assured that the devs are aware of this, hence the reason only BETA and international have the new format.

Define 'a lot'. It's very difficult to keep on top of Orc requirements, without having the new tournament requirements on top of it.
The amount of orcs that a city can produce varies. Some players will claim they have a lot of orcs, others will struggle. Some players choose to have several orc nests, others several armories, and others both. It's down to how you approach it.

I think you will find that describing gold as though it's freely available, and more so than T1-3, does not agree with the perception of the majority.
Gold is not the hardest good to get. There are many ways you can get gold. Again, it depends on how you configure your city. Players use daily the Wholesaler while others go from spell to spell. That is part of the uniqueness of Elvenar, that we take a lot of decisions when creating our cities.

Being appealing to new players doesn't make it positive for everybody.

That seems like a really short-sighted statement. The broader player base is not likely to stick to the game because if they do then they will find themselves falling foul of the same problems as everybody else. Typically the majority of new players do not stick to any game. Elvenar has a base of players who did so already and a lot of these people now become more likely to leave.

I don't think anyone is 'scared' of change. They just dislike change which is bad for them. As you've already consented to, these changes are purely focussed on new players.

True, as I said, not everything will be positive always. Some players like the fact that the tournament is faster, for example. But also, for players who may go down the manual fighting path, it is more inviting. So, a lot comes down to the gaming style of each player, new or veteran. You may consider to manually fight that tough province asking for a lot of orcs and other goods, especially if you are used to this format.

Some players may be unhappy, and that's why we listen to suggestions, we are well aware. But it is important to avoid the edges "all players that are not new..." think that many players do not sign up to the forums.

It is both a dislike and a scare. It is about to find the best way to tackle this new format, and precisely, this is the reason we are receiving so much feedback about these changes. However, it is a big change, and that is intimidating. We had in the past other changes and after a period of adjustment, we all coped.

You do realise that with the new tournament formula the game progression and city development is making things worse after some point, right? So the right strategy now is to find a sweet spot and stop there. In my opinion this is a definition of a bad change.

Game progression will differ, that is for sure. However, it will also allocate more playing time, versus finishing too fast the chapters and getting bored until the next one. Again, we go down to each player style. Some need to rush across chapters, some stall between chapters.

We live in a world of different opinions, and all are welcome. However, all outcomes will please some and dislike others.

Killiak

Artisan
but we both know that not every single player will agree with everything, while others will like it.
We live in a world of different opinions, and all are welcome. However, all outcomes will please some and dislike others.

You can sugarcoat it six ways from sunday; 95% of the people replying on the forum hate the change. That's not "not every single player" or "some", that's an immense majority.

It's for the best if Inno acknowledges they simply messed this up.
Coping with a shitty situation doesn't change the fact that it IS and REMAINS a shitty situation.

Errandil

Conjurer
Game progression will differ, that is for sure. However, it will also allocate more playing time, versus finishing too fast the chapters and getting bored until the next one. Again, we go down to each player style. Some need to rush across chapters, some stall between chapters.
It's not about preferred playing style unfortunately. With the formula where progression in the research tree, amount of AW levels and amount of expansions are multiplied we inevitably come to the situation where the change in any component is making things worse. Because, for example, with each AW level we get a fixed bonus, like 1% to attack of the specific troop type, so with other parameters big enough the gain won't outweigh the SS increase in the tournaments. Same goes for expansions and researches. So this leads us to the situation where you not only advancing your city can be bad, but there's only several AWs that are generally beneficial and building any others will make your life harder. So how one likes to play the game becomes irrelevant, the question is where one should stop in the game and not advance the city any further.

DeletedUser7526

Catering gold, tools, and mana is generally a "please carter me"
Hi and greetings first.
But do you have any idea of the total catering cost of say 30 odd provinces for 5-6* - only those golds and coins encounters per say.
I’d request you to check our numbers,( if you do not know ) from MinMax website before commenting about how cheap catering coins is.

I do appreciate that you are trying to appease us. Unfortunately we only talk numbers. Please quantify your statements.

DeletedUser7526

I’m already struggling thinking about what to do with the kp.

C-Nymph

Necromancer
Some players like the fact that the tournament is faster, for example.
I don't think anyone dislikes that specific detail about the change, since that's the one detail that was actually requested...
However, the rest of the major change was nót requested and is clearly disliked! But it seems Inno continues to focus on the handful of players who have voiced a positive opinion and keeps ignoring the tsunami of negative comments!
many players do not sign up to the forums
Have you even noticed the sudden influx of 'new' people who have come to the forums to express their dismay? It is no longer just the 'old and loyal player base' who are voicing their opinion (which seems to be a collective dislike, I shall say it once more in case you missed it), but also newer players, or at least regular casual players who have noticed the change, who dislike it just as much and who have now decided for that sole reason to make a forum account and speak up.

I think it's time for Inno to admit their mistake... Don't worry, we're all human, we all make mistakes. But please do the right thing and fix it!

Herodite

Forum mod extraordinaire
Elvenar Team
Hi @Nettromancer, as @Pauly7 suggested, I would have loved to merge this with the current Tournament Discussion which is ongoing, however as I cannot, please click on the following link https://en.forum.elvenar.com/index.php?threads/upcoming-tournament-changes.12925/

The recent Tournament changes have prompted an extremely passionate and detailed response from many of our players, and whilst I cannot confirm that any changes are to be made at this time, I can assure you that all feedback (negative and positive) is being taken on board.

Kind Regards

Herodite.

Timneh

Artisan
I can assure you that all feedback (negative and positive) is being taken on board.

We know that the feedback is taken on board and passed to the devs, we get told often enough. The problem is that the feedback only goes one way. The lack of feedback from the devs back to the players is what is annoying. For years players have been saying we never hear anything from the devs in response to feedback, unless it is a nerf and they say "in response to player feedback".

C-Nymph

Necromancer
The only/usual response we get is them pulling the plug and throwing out the baby with the bathwater... Instead of really listening, they hear one thing, take that, twist it around twenty times, screw it over twice, and then try to sell it to us as if it was our idea.

RainbowElvira

Sorcerer
With respect to the tournament changes, many players asked for a reduction to one fight per province and a few asked for an additional reward chest.

We got both and along with this we got
- increasing difficulty with each province
- uncapped difficulty of the fights
- harder to defeat mix of the enemy troops
- less usefulness of the attack boosters
and I do not recall anybody asking for anything like that.

For me it doesn't look like the devs actually listened. It's more like they wanted a multiple nerf to the tournament and used the 1-fight-per-province change as pretext. Sorry, but that's my perception.

C-Nymph

Necromancer
With respect to the tournament changes, many players asked for a reduction to one fight per province and a few asked for an additional reward chest.

We got both and along with this we got
- increasing difficulty with each province
- uncapped difficulty of the fights
- harder to defeat mix of the enemy troops
- less usefulness of the attack boosters
and I do not recall anybody asking for anything like that.

For me it doesn't look like the devs actually listened. It's more like they wanted a multiple nerf to the tournament and used the 1-fight-per-province change as pretext. Sorry, but that's my perception.
They did us a 'favour' as it was also requested that the optional SS upgrades should not make tourney more difficult, as it was never announced that this would have an effect on tourney difficulty. Which they did now, as the optional SS upgrades now appear to no longer have an effect.
And I get that they would instead need another system to create a gradual increase in difficulty. However, the system they now chose is overdoing it. It's like killing a fly with a bazooka.

DeletedUser7436

Thank you everyone for your input! Wow! I'm blown away by the response.

I'm still playing for now .... hoping to see some decent changes that make this game less stressful once more.

I have also posted on the Tournament Discussion page as suggested, with the link to this thread.

Joemork

Spellcaster
If you head over our beta update thread, you may be pleased by some changes :) https://en.forum.elvenar.com/index....may-contain-spoilers.5411/page-128#post-78935

Not really. The increase in the demand in supplies risks to be quite significant, added to that it does not address the difficulty now met in the tournament and the decimation of our troops. I sometimes wonder whether any Inno employee actually plays this game to a high level to really understand our points.

Status
Not open for further replies.