• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Version 1.22

DeletedUser702

who gave you this right ???
how come that you control us?
Hi Octavious, as Inno is the owner of this game they can do whatever pleases them!!!
The only right you've got is play what they dish out or leave the game!
Wish I had better news!!!...:(;)

DeletedUser3140

Hi Octavious, as Inno is the owner of this game they can do whatever pleases them!!!
The only right you've got is play what they dish out or leave the game!
Wish I had better news!!!...:(;)

Ok ! i think i will follow your advice and i will leave this game.

DeletedUser1829

And they changed it put it back onto beta server and it was poorly received once again so why did they not do the same as before and work on it a little more or just forgetting about changing it before testing it again and eventually puttting it on live servers.

I have almost never seen a change in a game be well received when it is first implemented, this game or others I have played. Things that in the long run are accepted and enjoyed are almost always received negatively. As a general rule humans do not like change it unsettles them and they resist it.

Beta players had strong arguments the first time which allowed a change to occur, the second time they had no compelling reasons to alter what was happening. Much of the upset would undo the changes and return the issues to the game. Come up with a solution to the issues and you have a strong argument to return the wholesaler, but to do that you have to accept the issues existed.;)

Aisling1

Conjurer
And the big guys with more coin than they can use empty the market with all that excess and there
I have almost never seen a change in a game be well received when it is first implemented, this game or others I have played. Things that in the long run are accepted and enjoyed are almost always received negatively. As a general rule humans do not like change it unsettles them and they resist it.

Beta players had strong arguments the first time which allowed a change to occur, the second time they had no compelling reasons to alter what was happening. Much of the upset would undo the changes and return the issues to the game. Come up with a solution to the issues and you have a strong argument to return the wholesaler, but to do that you have to accept the issues existed.;)[/QUOT

It's only been a week with the new wholesaler.

I can still buy non boosted, but a whole lot less for a whole lot more coin.
205k for 205 marble - with half the coin I generate in 24 hrs I can buy about 800 marble a day...
My steel manufactory upgrades cost 10500...
My encounters cost a minimum of 3500

I can't get enough Tier I to upgrade, never mind trade.
Although, why upgrade?
I have downsized, got rid of manufactories and the residences, built culture instead
I 've stopped trading and visiting
I've done longer production runs (cost more and less productive)
I've ignored the quests..

I'm still not better off, and now my ownFS are cross tier trading.
In both Arendyll and Winyandor the trader is slower and worse, and less tier I available.

Thanks guys...

There were issues:

Back cross tier trading... Tier III for Tier I...you did nothing about it.
Trades staying up for 6 days... you did nothing about it.
Changes to the tournament actually shuts out active neighbours, - a retrograde step... we were looking for ways to promote more neighbourhood/ map activity, not less
The dead villages are still there, and do not get moved frequently enough
Any village with it's Main Hall upgrading sits for months
Villages that have "Let the Game/ Inactive/ No longer playing" are let sit for months...

Penalising those of us who over expanded, fine... but take away the trader, and why should we log on... I have nothing left to play for, there is no grand prize, no point in getting through chapters, getting through to the end... and now the Valentine's quest... which is such an insult it makes Wonky Walter look like high art... elvenar is Elf and Human.. but surely you can do better than these kitsch Hallmark occasions..

by the way, slowing me down, and dumbing down the quests = less likely to be bothered, to keep playing = less likely to use diamonds = less likely to buy more...
And I won't be recommending the game when I leave
It had potential. You've killed the last community part of it, reducing it to a target focussed 25, who when they slowly realise there's nothing, not even cudos for advancing... well, why bothe

Yes, trading is a problem. But putting up prices for Tier I goods via the wholesaler has had the complete opposite effect.

There are now many more Cross Tier Trades.
There is now even less Tier I available, there are many more 1 star, and 0 star trades...
And fewer big altruistic players willing to trade in non boosted given the cost of replacing those goods, on the off chance that a small new player will in time become a valued tournament (oh yeah, no longer play in tournaments) well, valued visitor .. and trading partner...

And those of us who like to play daily are

a) downsizing... getting rid of residences and population and gaining space
b) getting rid of manufactories that supply goods that are "uneconomic'... Tier I mostly and then Tier II, - take up space and what you can buy for a 3 hr production run- this won't help trading where the crisis is in Tier I goods
c) Going for permanent rather than clickable culture as a more stable way of maintaining culture... and
d) Going for longer more expensive production runs with a lower return rate, as we need to use supplies and coin somehow and this is their best use now...
e) counting the cost of quests... and most of us find the Valentines' prizes abysmally expensive for very poor return. Most of us have nicer cheaper buildings easier and less costly to build on our culture menu with a higher return per square
f) only visiting those who visit us
g) only doing minimum on tournaments to keep FS happy
h) as a result, of so little to do... logging on and playing less often
i) once again, Elvenar is going to loose a whole pile of mid ranking players to the detriment of the newer and higher level whom we support by playing slow, biding our time not caring about rankings etc..

Finally I know why I saw "dead", "innactive" players all round me, with dwarven portals, players who'd reached high levels and just quit... you can shift new players around all you like but when players like me go dead..
No wonder they upgraded the main hall and left..

Edit by Muf-Muf: Merged multiple posts into one.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser3103

well after 2 years in the same fellowship.. I have given up on it... the wholesaler doesnt work for me in that world... doubt my other game in the other world will last much longer.... getting bored... have stopped tournement play... have stopped valentine quests.. all way to much time and goods needed ... have started to build non boosted goods just to try to make up for what I cant get elsewhere... reorg the entire game... sigh... and no I wont be buying any crystal to do it... I have treated myself on occasion... but wont be doing that again with the price rise of those... bigger sigh!!!

Timneh

Artisan
Come up with a solution to the issues and you have a strong argument to return the wholesaler, but to do that you have to accept the issues existed.

How does that make any sense ? The players did not think there were any issues with the wholesaler in the first place, Inno did so it is up to them to justify the course of action they have taken and not for players to think of solutions to issues they do not think are there. All Inno have said so far is that they want to encourage more player to player trading and that the large use of the wholesaler was causing internal issues but despite being asked several times what they meant by that they have declined to answer. If Inno would explain why they change things the way they do Perhaps the changes would be understood more and resisted less.

DeletedUser3032

Beta players had strong arguments the first time which allowed a change to occur, the second time they had no compelling reasons to alter what was happening. Much of the upset would undo the changes and return the issues to the game. Come up with a solution to the issues and you have a strong argument to return the wholesaler, but to do that you have to accept the issues existed.;)

No reason for them to waste time, money and effort producing changes which have not been asked for or are broken. They should have stopped it when it got rejected the first time and concentrated on other meaningful changes and fixes which would keep the majority on players happy and willing to spend their hard earn cash on here. Plenty of suggestions across all the worlds forums which are excellent and should be given priority over none broken things. Don't fix whats not broken.

How does that make any sense ? The players did not think there were any issues with the wholesaler in the first place, Inno did so it is up to them to justify the course of action they have taken and not for players to think of solutions to issues they do not think are there. All Inno have said so far is that they want to encourage more player to player trading and that the large use of the wholesaler was causing internal issues but despite being asked several times what they meant by that they have declined to answer. If Inno would explain why they change things the way they do Perhaps the changes would be understood more and resisted less.

Well said. Although they will not give an answer, it would seem as we have all worked it out why already. Slow the game down which should increase the cash flow from impatient players wanting everything straight away. Cant see any other reason why something would implemented knowing it would cause uproar from 99% of its players/customers. 1% is Mykan as there is only 100 active players here :p (joke)

Deleted User - 13667

Increasing the cost of wholesalers as an excuse to get more people to trade is not useful. The points allocated for keeping and upgrading a tier 1 goods and a tier 3 goods are very different. That was the one of the main reasons why few actually kept their lower tier manufactory.

There are changes implemented that people actually had cheered for. The reduction of the wait icon above the unit in the turnstable during battle, the additional upgrades of luxury goods etc.

DeletedUser2456

If it's true that the wholesaler will increase the prices, then that's the reason why I will quit playing this game immediately. I make progress due to the wholesaler, it's a slow but effective tactic for me at least. Good god, I hope I'm reading this all wrong.

And indeed:
Rule of thumb, Golden Rule, Number One: NEVER EVER fix something if it ain't broken.

History lessons for you dear gents and galls: many tragic disasters were caused by breaking the above rule.
I think the new changes in the trader is a utter rubbish ,why not leave it has it was , was hard enoghe getting basic goods for non active players on the map ,but even the few remaining ones not trading so only way to get ahead in the game , and increasing the price with each sale ,well,,,,,,

DeletedUser3124

In order to get any decent quantity of my non-boosted goods from the wholesaler (I can put up trades galore, but no one has any), I upgraded my hall. Now I have the issue Inno says was one they were trying to avoid: an excess of gold. But I still have the issue of too little Tier I goods. I'm clicking more trying to get just 500 marble than I ever clicked to get to the 500 option in the wholesaler. So it's NOT saving clicking.

Go back Inno, there's 19 pages in this thread now and on every page at least 5 people saying the wholesaler is a Bad Idea.

DeletedUser1453

In order to get any decent quantity of my non-boosted goods from the wholesaler (I can put up trades galore, but no one has any), I upgraded my hall. Now I have the issue Inno says was one they were trying to avoid: an excess of gold. But I still have the issue of too little Tier I goods. I'm clicking more trying to get just 500 marble than I ever clicked to get to the 500 option in the wholesaler. So it's NOT saving clicking.

Go back Inno, there's 19 pages in this thread now and on every page at least 5 people saying the wholesaler is a Bad Idea.

I recall the initial furore that was created when the Dev's added the Magic Academy to the "must research" "must build" category. For those players already in Dwarves, who at the time who had to go way back on the tech tree to research, then take 5x5 squares of valuable real estate to build it, they were all going to quit then. Despite numerous pleas, polls and complaints the Dev's remained stoic and did not change their stance to make the building optional.

After many months (and the sacrifice of valuable diamonds to upgrade) I would not be without this building. While I would argue I believe the Devs should perhaps look at an alternative payment (in goods etc) for this particular upgrade just to be fair, I can say with some amount of confidence they wont change their plan here either.

Fluzz can I ask a few questions to try and turn this into a constructive thread to help? Such as:
What size (chapter is your city) currently in?
Are you building only boosted manufactories to best use your space.
Are you a solo player ie - not in a FS with the benefit of trading for non boosted goods?
Are you in a low yield neighbourhood for trades?

DeletedUser3124

I recall the initial furore that was created when the Dev's added the Magic Academy to the "must research" "must build" category. For those players already in Dwarves, who at the time who had to go way back on the tech tree to research, then take 5x5 squares of valuable real estate to build it, they were all going to quit then. Despite numerous pleas, polls and complaints the Dev's remained stoic and did not change their stance to make the building optional.

After many months (and the sacrifice of valuable diamonds to upgrade) I would not be without this building. While I would argue I believe the Devs should perhaps look at an alternative payment (in goods etc) for this particular upgrade just to be fair, I can say with some amount of confidence they wont change their plan here either.

Fluzz can I ask a few questions to try and turn this into a constructive thread to help? Such as:
What size (chapter is your city) currently in?
Are you building only boosted manufactories to best use your space.
Are you a solo player ie - not in a FS with the benefit of trading for non boosted goods?
Are you in a low yield neighbourhood for trades?

Alas, I do believe you're correct when it comes to them ever reversing this decision.

To answer your queries:
What size (chapter is your city) currently in? - I have just started chapter IV
Are you building only boosted manufactories to best use your space. - Yes. While I love the look of the non-boosted, I rapidly learned that they were worthless for the space they used. I have 11 planks, 4 scrolls, and 2 dust, all as high level as my research tree allows.
Are you a solo player ie - not in a FS with the benefit of trading for non boosted goods? - I am actually in a very active FS, however, we are not evenly arranged when it comes to goods. We only have two people who are boosted for marble, so when one of our bigger members puts out trade requests for it we're all hit by the loss.
Are you in a low yield neighbourhood for trades? I know I'm surrounded by a fair few inactives, but I don't know what low yield is defined as. I do know you're more likely to have a trade met if it's for tier II or III goods, while tier I can sit for days unmet.

DeletedUser1453

Alas, I do believe you're correct when it comes to them ever reversing this decision.

To answer your queries:
What size (chapter is your city) currently in? - I have just started chapter IV
Are you building only boosted manufactories to best use your space. - Yes. While I love the look of the non-boosted, I rapidly learned that they were worthless for the space they used. I have 11 planks, 4 scrolls, and 2 dust, all as high level as my research tree allows.
Are you a solo player ie - not in a FS with the benefit of trading for non boosted goods? - I am actually in a very active FS, however, we are not evenly arranged when it comes to goods. We only have two people who are boosted for marble, so when one of our bigger members puts out trade requests for it we're all hit by the loss.
Are you in a low yield neighbourhood for trades? I know I'm surrounded by a fair few inactives, but I don't know what low yield is defined as. I do know you're more likely to have a trade met if it's for tier II or III goods, while tier I can sit for days unmet.

Well it does sound like you are doing everything correctly, Marble is a bit of a shortage in my FS too, that's why balance of size and boost is so vital. Human vs Elves produce different quantities too. 11 planks sounds like Elves? I have the same and they just don't produce well and I'm just through Fairies :( As I said it does sound like you are doing a good job of managing with what you have, do you feel you are missing out because of the needs of the bigger players? you may have to sit on your goods and build a comfortable cushion, slow down your pace a bit in terms of building and cast a few production spells to boost your yield. try to always reserve a 3rd of what you produce as your kitty.

I was in a huge hurry when I was at your stage too, but I didn't have the distraction of tournaments or side quests so the need for goods has increased too. I can tell you that the amount of steel and marble to upgrade your planks increases substantially and even with trader the way it was it would never be able to satisfy your needs.

Deleted User - 13667

I think rather than restricting to buy each resource once before increasing is not a good idea for others to burn gcs. It would have been good to allow wholesaler screen to be like the offer screen. You type the amount you need and what resource you wish. It would only be 1 page. Plus this is definitely easier to help players gather resources using what they have. With a good place to burn off extra gcs, this too would help encourage others to visit for supplies and gcs.

Just my own thoughts.

DeletedUser3124

Well it does sound like you are doing everything correctly, Marble is a bit of a shortage in my FS too, that's why balance of size and boost is so vital. Human vs Elves produce different quantities too. 11 planks sounds like Elves? I have the same and they just don't produce well and I'm just through Fairies :( As I said it does sound like you are doing a good job of managing with what you have, do you feel you are missing out because of the needs of the bigger players? you may have to sit on your goods and build a comfortable cushion, slow down your pace a bit in terms of building and cast a few production spells to boost your yield. try to always reserve a 3rd of what you produce as your kitty.

I was in a huge hurry when I was at your stage too, but I didn't have the distraction of tournaments or side quests so the need for goods has increased too. I can tell you that the amount of steel and marble to upgrade your planks increases substantially and even with trader the way it was it would never be able to satisfy your needs.

Yes, I am playing elves. I didn't realise that the two species had an imbalance in goods. Most of my FS is Elves. I don't feel like I'm missing out, I can often help them in Tier II and III, but it really is Tier I we're all short on.

Thanks for the warning! I try to keep a cushion of 10k, but negotiating just one province will cut that below half!

DeletedUser3124

I think rather than restricting to buy each resource once before increasing is not a good idea for others to burn gcs. It would have been good to allow wholesaler screen to be like the offer screen. You type the amount you need and what resource you wish. It would only be 1 page. Plus this is definitely easier to help players gather resources using what they have. With a good place to burn off extra gcs, this too would help encourage others to visit for supplies and gcs.

Just my own thoughts.

This is an interesting idea. Perhaps with the option to type the amount of coins/supplies/goods you wish to spend as well?

DeletedUser1829

Yes, I am playing elves. I didn't realise that the two species had an imbalance in goods.

Its not an imbalance but rather production is based on each square. At the stage you are at Elve basic goods factories are smaller than human so it is less based on a factory but not less based on a square.

Is your fellowship full? I would assume if it isn't they are looking for a marble producer?
Are your current marble producers able to increase production? Might be a way as a fellowship to assist each other in altering production levels.

DeletedUser1050

Yep totally agree with you shadowblack. In the area of the world map where i am there is an abudance of marble and loads of people want steel, planks are very rarely offered and are snapped up within seconds of being placed on the trader. I really struggle to get planks and got most of them from the wholesaler, but not anymore.
In my area marble is in high demand, planks are a dime a dozen, steel is somewhat wanted but usually for a cross tiered trade. crystal is easy to come by and seems to be a throwaway commodity and there seem to be many willing to trade in elixir. My boosted goods are steel, crystal and elixir so using the trader is difficult if not next to impossible. I used to trade 2/1 as a 3* trade all the time but now need to back off from this due to dwindling supplies. I like to help my fellowship and even my neighbours but it's getting harder to do and still enjoy the game. I'm down to 19000 marble which won't last me long at my stage of the game. I gave up on the valentines quest when I had to scout 2 provinces because that would have taken me 5 days and I couldn't see me finishing the quests. I get 325 goods at a time from the trader with a level 1 starting price of 130k and no way to adjust what I might need and when - this is where the trader falls down imo.

DeletedUser3124

Its not an imbalance but rather production is based on each square. At the stage you are at Elve basic goods factories are smaller than human so it is less based on a factory but not less based on a square.

Is your fellowship full? I would assume if it isn't they are looking for a marble producer?
Are your current marble producers able to increase production? Might be a way as a fellowship to assist each other in altering production levels.

Ah, I see.

Our fellowship is definitely full. We've been helping our marble producers to expand/upgrade and seem to have solved that imbalance for now.