• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

You knew it was coming....

Jake65

Sage
Some of the AWs that provide culture (eg the Sanctuary) now calculate their benefit as a % of squad size instead of a % of required culture.
So instead of the AW covering, eg, 40% of your culture needs, that is now determined by your squad size.
All the optional squad size researches that I didn't do are now worth completing for the culture boost.

Jake65

Sage
There is an upside (for me and I'm sure for others) in that the fighting wonders that I'd parked at level 30, which was the max boost of 40%, have suddenly gained an extra 6% attack boost.
I'm sure it will take us a while to get our heads around the new adjustments but we'll get there. Roll with the blows :)

McBratty

Enchanter
So once again these mysterious players have requested these insane changes to our Wonders. The same mysterious players who requested, in overwhelming numbers ( even though we never saw the posts they made) that we have Discord instead of the Forums. I seriously want to know who these mysterious players are that keep wrecking the game for the rest of us!! They need to stand up and be counted because I want to know what their reasoning was for these requests!!
Ive honestly never ranted so politely in my entire life and am quite exhausted now, plus Im traumatized from seeing the mess in my AWs. I hope Inno will now set up a fund to provide therapy for traumatized Elvenarians!!

EdwardTrunk

Soothsayer
I was something like +360K culture yesterday. Today I am -1.58M and another player in my FS is -2.9M.

Previously MM and WR provided 40% of culture needed as Jake65 has pointed out but now it provides a mere 18 x squad size.

All of which leaves me with 2 options: delete over half my city, or have my city stay frozen in time with no upgrades to most buildings including existing AWs and no new chapters. The simplest and most attractive option, however, is to simply quit playing.

OldHag

Necromancer
I'm biting my tongue here and it's starting to hurt, so I'd best be quick.
Who stole all the culture?
Is it the same invisible people that requested these sorts of changes and are they the very same invisible people that requested Inno move everything over to Discord?
I think it's about time they showed themselves.

p.s and thanks for the update @Herodite

OldHag

Necromancer
Oh and my LePres is filled with kp, I was in the process of trying to save up the 28k spell fragments needed to upgrade, but now when I look at the upgrade window, it's completely blank.

OldHag

Necromancer
So I cast an EE spell on my 'The Glorious Auction' as my culture has been reduced to minus 390k+and my culture bonus has been reduced to 100% but nothing changed.
Are EE spells now defunct?

HexeAlix

Seeker
So I cast an EE spell on my 'The Glorious Auction' as my culture has been reduced to minus 390k+and my culture bonus has been reduced to 100% but nothing changed.
Are EE spells now defunct?
Seem to recall something about EEs only working when culture is greater than 100% ... or do I misremember?

ETA: Elvenar Wiki says EE is only effective if your Basic Culture Bonus is at least 125%

Last edited:

OldHag

Necromancer
Seem to recall something about EEs only working when culture is greater than 100% ... or do I misremember?
hmm, but they stole all my culture, scratches head.
What is one meant to do, when one is without culture?

Anni-Lizzie

Spellcaster
So the game gives me 1, 2, or 3 CCs and charges me 26 CCs to upgrade one AW. Highway robbery!

View attachment 8246

And now takes hard-to-get Spell Fragments for AW upgrades so I am forced to forego crafting options, or stop AW upgrades.

Absolutely the most ridiculous changes I have seen in five years!! Don't even dare to call this an 'improvement'. :mad:

And to add insult to injury Inno has destroyed my Culture figures so I am now -92K!! But Oh look, you can buy the stolen culture back for diamonds:

View attachment 8245

Are you trying to make players quit? You've totally lost your collective minds!
OMG!

Anni-Lizzie

Spellcaster
My head is reeling… how can such massive impactful changes be for the greater good. Hmmm, let’s see - craft in the MA or upgrade wonders? How is ’rebalancing’ the game making yet again one commodity responsible for multiple game growth improvements. Isnt that just creating yet another thing that will require rebalancing again … Lordy I’m exhausted just thinking about the repercussions of this clever change ‘we all asked for’…

OldHag

Necromancer
Troop training down by 20k per slot in my Merc camp, Culture down to minus 390k+ I can't place a magic house because I don't have enough Culture after @InnoGames stole it all.
The mind boggles as to why anyone in their right mind thinks these changes are 'improvements' they most definitely are not.
In private (of course), I'm cursing @InnoGames

Lelanya

Mentor
So
I did mention that if they  added a Discord server I would find it useful. Once. Back in 2019. I do not feel responsible for what happened last year, and I would in no way have expected them to replace the Forums with this, they are far too valuable. I did also answer yes, in a survey, to whether I use Discord. In surveys, when asked where I get my information, I always reply, the  Forums, of course.