• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

You knew it was coming....

Herodite

Forum mod extraordinaire
Elvenar Team
This is the official announcement from Discord for the AW Changes coming to Live EN Servers on the Jan 16th:

Dear Humans and Elves! We have some upcoming changes for our Ancient Wonders! They will be available for our International/EN players on January 16th and US on January 18th with the upcoming version 1.191.

Improvements to Ancient Wonders bonuses and costs​

We want Ancient Wonders to be a fair challenge. But as they use different resources and are harder to obtain at the beginning of a chapter, compared to at the end, we have listened to player feedback to change this to improve gameplay. We have spent time reworking them, in the process totally changing their costs, and removing the barriers you told us about. Now you will need Spell Fragments, Combining Catalysts, and Royal Restorations, the same as you already do in Chapter 21. Again we listened to your feedback on this chapter and we have also now reduced these costs for the chapter by 50%! In general, we also improved the Ancient Wonder rewards. In most cases, rewards are the same but stronger than the initial levels and similar at maximum. The new balance will work for the Ancient Wonders in your city, straight after the update you will get the new bonuses. Thank you for your feedback so far that has allowed us to provide you with these significant changes, we appreciate that they are necessary to improve the game and to keep Ancient Wonders relevant as we move forward.
We welcome your continuing feedback and dedication to improving Elvenar, this is always invaluable to us and we greatly appreciate each and every one of you.

AW Changes Table.png

We would also like to take the opportunity, to thank the players for their feedback and time, not least to our Beta players who have already experienced and therefore adjustments have already occurred for this version about to appear on our live servers - Thank you!!!!

Kind regards

Herodite.

Herodite

Forum mod extraordinaire
Elvenar Team
In addition to the above announcement:

Following the initial set of changes we implemented last Friday on our Beta server, with the release of the Ancient Wonders improvements in the 1.191 update, all buildings that are not unlocked via the technology tree and are not evolving buildings will be able to provide Combining Catalysts or Royal Restorations when sold. You will usually get between 1 and 3 of those resources, depending on the size of the building. The type of resource will depend on how much effort is required to get that building. For example, for buildings you get from crafting or as daily rewards from events it will be Combining Catalysts, and for Fellowship Adventures rewards or the Genie and Dwarven Armorer from the Spire of Eternity it will be Royal Restorations. In this way you will have additional ways to get some of the resources needed to upgrade your Ancient Wonders in the new system, directly from buildings you no longer need in your city. Thanks a lot for your feedback on this topic, as this is allowing further changes to the game!

Kind Regards

Herodite.

Hekata

Artisan
@Herodite Just one question: those CC/RR we get from event buildings, are they on top of Spell fragments we get when we disenchant buildings? Or do we get SF when we disenchant and CC/RR when we place them in your city and then sell them?

kimkimkim

Summoner
In addition to the above announcement:

all buildings that are not unlocked via the technology tree and are not evolving buildings will be able to provide Combining Catalysts or Royal Restorations when sold.

Kind Regards

Herodite.
I may be a little daft here but typically if a building is not unlocked in the research tree then you can not buy it and build it therefore there wouldn't be any to sell for CC's or RR's, am I correct or am I missing something?

MinervaOz

Enchanter
I may be a little daft here but typically if a building is not unlocked in the research tree then you can not buy it and build it therefore there wouldn't be any to sell for CC's or RR's, am I correct or am I missing something?
I think it means that buildings that are made available by unlocking them in the tech tree are excluded. In other words, buildings in the culture menu.

SkyRider99

Mentor
get some of the resources needed to upgrade your Ancient Wonders in the new system, directly from buildings you no longer need in your city.
So the game gives me 1, 2, or 3 CCs and charges me 26 CCs to upgrade one AW. Highway robbery!

1705410056341.png

And now takes hard-to-get Spell Fragments for AW upgrades so I am forced to forego crafting options, or stop AW upgrades.

Absolutely the most ridiculous changes I have seen in five years!! Don't even dare to call this an 'improvement'. :mad:

And to add insult to injury Inno has destroyed my Culture figures so I am now -92K!! But Oh look, you can buy the stolen culture back for diamonds:

1705409993240.png

Are you trying to make players quit? You've totally lost your collective minds!

Klemeesi

Novice
I'm also -25k on culture. Did they nerf something regarding it? All I'm seeing is mentioning changes to Ancient Wonders but no mention of culture nerfs.

Lol. I wasn't aware of any nerfs so immediately created support ticket after seeing my culture.

Not really sure what to do with my city now since everything I have is pretty much mandatory...

SkyRider99

Mentor
I'm also -25k on culture. Did they nerf something regarding it? All I'm seeing is mentioning changes to Ancient Wonders but no mention of culture nerfs.

Lol. I wasn't aware of any nerfs so immediately created support ticket after seeing my culture.

Not really sure what to do with my city now since everything I have is pretty much mandatory...
I'm feeling a bit the same @Klemeesi ! I try to look on the bright side of things, where possible. Sometimes it is simply impossible though. :(

Jake65

Sage

Some of the AWs that provide culture (eg the Sanctuary) now calculate their benefit as a % of squad size instead of a % of required culture.
So instead of the AW covering, eg, 40% of your culture needs, that is now determined by your squad size.