• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Wonky Walter's Questline

DeletedUser2378

I think it should change indeed, oldskoolrx7 :)

I'm in chapter 3 & don't expect to make it to 4 before the wonky ends, so I'm gonna be getting 890 [:oops:blush] ... if I finish it, that is! LOL
Had I thought better about it in advance, I'd probably wouldn't bother 'sacrificing' my balanced out goods & productions ...

Anyhow!!
Let's get to finish it first!
:p:D:rolleyes:

DeletedUser363

The culture levels also depend on where you are in the tech tree

DeletedUser

Culture points are hurting a.t.m with the new builds and upgrades I am having to do, to try and complete this challenge, I have culture request in my title, but not getting many return visits, I have cast over 30 today got back 5 and some missed my culture request, easily done I know, but if you have me on radar would you mind popping me a culture hit plz : )

DeletedUser

Culture points are hurting a.t.m with the new builds and upgrades I am having to do, to try and complete this challenge, I have culture request in my title, but not getting many return visits, I have cast over 30 today got back 5 and some missed my culture request, easily done I know, but if you have me on radar would you mind popping me a culture hit plz : )

I solve this problem by not relying on anyone else and not having more than the minimum required, plus 500. I use the spare space to produce more gold and supplies, making up (and exceeding) for the culture bonus.

Culture is pointless, just ignore it.

DeletedUser2378

I solve this problem by not relying on anyone else and not having more than the minimum required, plus 500. I use the spare space to produce more gold and supplies, making up (and exceeding) for the culture bonus.

WOW!!
What an inspiring & innovative way of dealing with this thing [PLUS more effective, I should say??], that kinda hurts us all..

Hhmmm
I might as well take that advice/piece-of-information & see how I can apply it!

It sounds Great, though!!!

Thumbs Up!!!

EDIT: How can you upgrade a building without Culture-points, dear? ...

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser702

Fully agree with it! Been playing this game like it since start...
Excess culture (relying on members visits) only increases goods..
Goods can be had by trading!!

DeletedUser

WOW!!
What an inspiring & innovative way of dealing with this thing [PLUS more effective, I should say??], that kinda hurts us all..

Hhmmm
I might as well take that advice/piece-of-information & see how I can apply it!

It sounds Great, though!!!

Thumbs Up!!!

EDIT: How can you upgrade a building without Culture-points, dear? ...

Perhaps I should have been more clear.. :D

The original poster sounded like they relied on visits to either get their culture to make buildings, or to keep it in the bonus zone.
What I am suggesting is that the bonus received by both visits and "excess" culture is totally pointless. That is to say that I keep 500 or so culture above what I need, so I can build stuff, then build culture as I need it. This has two benefits, more room and more money/supplies (due to more room)

Short version is I can build more things and make more gold/supplies than someone who is trying to get a culture bonus. Or, should I choose, I can have more manufactories. Or whatever I might need to focus on at the time, expansion races etc.

I treat culture like anything else, the minimum is sufficient and the optimal strategy.

DeletedUser1353

What I am suggesting is that the bonus received by both visits and "excess" culture is totally pointless.

I disagree, especially in the beginning of a new chapter where I always find myself starved on tools. Without 150% culture bonus I would've progressed slower for sure. I've got 10 workshops and 150% bonus gives me in theory another 5 (and 50% more coins). My excess culture is about 9k, so ca 2,5 ponds = 75 squares. 5 Workshops take up 18*5=90 squares, and that's whithout counting the population and culture they use up.
Finding an active fellowship that help eachother daily and having some excess culture is for sure not pointless imo. :)

The original poster sounded like they relied on visits to either get their culture to make buildings

Might have misunderstood, but just wanted to clear out that culture from visits doesn't allow one to make more buildings, only our base culture can do that.

DeletedUser363

I only every keep my culture level at 100%, it saves a lot of hassle, and the bonuses of having the level higher weren't worth the effort to keep it there. you only need higher levels when you have quests that can only be completed if your level is higher. (haven't had one of those for months).;)

DeletedUser

I disagree, especially in the beginning of a new chapter where I always find myself starved on tools. Without 150% culture bonus I would've progressed slower for sure. I've got 10 workshops and 150% bonus gives me in theory another 5 (and 50% more coins). My excess culture is about 9k, so ca 2,5 ponds = 75 squares. 5 Workshops take up 18*5=90 squares, and that's whithout counting the population and culture they use up.

The maths for you indeed works out. Snails are a little uber, so I am unsure if the math will work for wayfarers taverns, for instance. I currently run 11 workshops and that is perfectly fine, never run out (even with not quest cycling) I don't care about gold as if I ever need any, I visit my neighbours. Essentially I would not have those snails and have about 50 squares spare, that I could spend on what I like.

On a related note, what bottlenecks you, because it is KP for me, so I take that as a sign that I am being as efficient as required. No need for more "stuff" if you have not got enough KP?

EDIT: I do slow down a little at the start of a chapter, however that has never stopped my actual progress, so doesn't really matter.

DeletedUser

Thank you all for responding and for all the helpful tips, I was pushing hard with builds to get the challenge sorted , getting the barracks up to 4 for the one I am working on to get 300 troops built caused the biggest problem I think, but the 150 starter gems really helped got 33 left :p, and the culture boosts so thanks to all that visited :)

As a note don't rely on quest gained gold, for the "Gain 50k" challenge they do not count towards it, but gold from visiting and building Taxes do I had banked a couple of quests hoping to complete this morning , just a nooby mistake I guess

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser363

As a note don't rely on quest gained gold, for the "Gain 50k" challenge they do not count towards it, but gold from visiting and building Taxes do I had banked a couple of quests hoping to complete this morning , just a nooby mistake I guess
Yes, rewards from quests don't usually count towards other quests (unless we are lucky and there is a bug in the system..which happens occasionally ;))

DeletedUser643

ok,,, should I wait to build Wonky Walter building till Woodelves is open to us...
At Chapter 8 - Orcs and Goblins it gives 2800 Culture,
But Chapter 9 - Woodelves it gives 5200 Culture (according to beta forum)

Does it automatically increase to that amount even i build it now in chapter 8, or just leave it inventory and build in chapter 9 where I get more Culture?

DeletedUser363

should I wait to build Wonky Walter building till Woodelves is open to us
The value of it depends on the level you are at when you complete the quests and are awarded the tent , not the level you are when when you build it.:(

I'm saving up my Knowledge points now for the 40 KP partof the challenge. I have a Inspiring Meditation spell cast, so I'll have reached 20 by 9.30 tomorrow morning...however..the spell runs out at 8.30am....I'll get to keep the KP earned in that time won't I? I mean they wont' disappear and revert back to 10 KP on me?