• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Wonky Walter's Questline

BekBel

Adventurer
If anyone has a list of these upcoming 17 Halloween quests, I'd love to see it.
Thanks. :)
:)
1) Spend 2 Knowledge Points
2) Produce Simple Tools 3 times
3) Gain 5,000 Coins
4) Produce Beverages 5 times
5) Gain 1,000 Supplies
6) Produce Bread 6 times (workshop 1hour prods)
7) Produce wooden figurines 3 times (3 hour tier 1) and advanced tools 3 times (3 hour workshop)
8) Scout 1 province or produce spell Power of Provision one time
9) Upgrade 3 buildings to L3 or higher
10) 4 nine hour T1 production + 5 basket of groceries
11) Scout 2 provinces or produce Power of Provision 2 times and gain 50k coins
12) produce Beverages 111 times and gain 11 Relics
13) produce tier one 24-hour production 6 times and produce tier one 3-hour production 12 times
14) Train 300 Units and scout 1 province
15) Upgrade 4 buildings to level 5 or higher
16).Scout 3 provinces or produce spell Power of Provision 3 times
17) Produce toolbox 7 times (1 day prods) & produce bread 50 times (1 hour prods)

ETA - Added some of the productions times.
There is also this handy graphic reference list, includes rewards for each quest. Courtesy of Elvenar Platinum Leaf.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser9

@BekBel I put your list in "spoiler" tags so players who want to be surprised by the event riddles/quests, have the opportunity for that and we don't spoil their fun :)

BekBel

Adventurer
@BekBel I put your list in "spoiler" tags so players who want to be surprised by the event riddles/quests, have the opportunity for that and we don't spoil their fun :)
Apologies, I should have thought to do that! Thank you :)

DeletedUser

If you don't use the MA you cannot assume to know how others use it. A lot don't use spells every day...just when the boost is needed, so not as many runes are required. I would rather use runes and have some benefit from them than have hundreds sat in my MH, but that is every player's choice.

I know players like you, that have scoffed at the MA since it's arrival, some of whom are now using it and see a benefit....each to his or her own

I hate the MA but I do use it sometimes now. I use it "just in case" though since I've always had the spells I needed from NH and events. However, I honestly believe I'd be better off if I had an extra workshop instead as it's almost always due to not enough tools that I have to use it (even if I have to use it for goods, it's because I lacked the tools to make the goods in the first place). For culture, to this day, it has never done a thing even if I boost every single building. Maybe I'm misunderstanding the way it works, but the sun icon never changes. Anyway, I think Oldsc may have been referring to a poster here who stated they were stuck as regards relics due to not being able to fight anymore and having used them up. I seem to recall that but I'm too lazy to find it :D

As for the event, it was a bit of a pain, but I enjoyed it and I also like the tent. In contrast, I vehemently dislike not having the space for the new military buildings we will have to construct with the next update if we want to continue commenting on the whole fighting issue. :p

BekBel

Adventurer
I hate the MA but I do use it sometimes now. I use it "just in case" though since I've always had the spells I needed from NH and events. However, I honestly believe I'd be better off if I had an extra workshop instead as it's almost always due to not enough tools that I have to use it (even if I have to use it for goods, it's because I lacked the tools to make the goods in the first place). For culture, to this day, it has never done a thing even if I boost every single building. Maybe I'm misunderstanding the way it works, but the sun icon never changes. Anyway, I think Oldsc may have been referring to a poster here who stated they were stuck as regards relics due to not being able to fight anymore and having used them up. I seem to recall that but I'm too lazy to find it :D

As for the event, it was a bit of a pain, but I enjoyed it and I also like the tent. In contrast, I vehemently dislike not having the space for the new military buildings we will have to construct with the next update if we want to continue commenting on the whole fighting issue. :p
Ensorcelled Endowment doesn't change which sun you're on, it changes the percentage boost each sun gives. So 125% goes up to 130% with one spelled building - but it only works if the spelled building is polished, and only if your culture reaches that first bonus. So it is a bit hit or miss at times. But potentially, you could get over double or more of the usual percentage if you spell enough polished buildings.

Personally I am enjoying finally having access to inspiring meditation. It is rare to get via quests and seemingly never in chests, but it can be very handy when you need to be away for more than 10 hours - or in a quest like that spend 40kp one in wonky walters.

DeletedUser

Ensorcelled Endowment doesn't change which sun you're on, it changes the percentage boost each sun gives. So 125% goes up to 130% with one spelled building - but it only works if the spelled building is polished, and only if your culture reaches that first bonus. So it is a bit hit or miss at times. But potentially, you could get over double or more of the usual percentage if you spell enough polished buildings.

Personally I am enjoying finally having access to inspiring meditation. It is rare to get via quests and seemingly never in chests, but it can be very handy when you need to be away for more than 10 hours - or in a quest like that spend 40kp one in wonky walters.

Thanks for clearing that up, I'll have to give it another try. Inspiring meditation is handy, however, if you are chaotic like me, you rarely know when you will not log on for longer than 10 hrs :D This is the same reason the supplies and goods spells are pretty useless for me, as I almost never get more than 2 boosted collections out of them, often only 1 as I tend to be online a lot in the morning and then not much anymore if at all later in the day. So essentially the culture boost probably makes more sense for me to produce more supplies than the actual supplies spell ... ?

:)
1) Spend 2 Knowledge Points
2) Produce Simple Tools 3 times
3) Gain 5,000 Coins
4) Produce Beverages 5 times
5) Gain 1,000 Supplies
6) Produce Bread 6 times (workshop 1hour prods)
7) Produce wooden figurines 3 times (3 hour tier 1) and advanced tools 3 times (3 hour workshop)
8) Scout 1 province or produce spell Power of Provision one time
9) Upgrade 3 buildings to L3 or higher
10) 4 nine hour T1 production + 5 basket of groceries
11) Scout 2 provinces or produce Power of Provision 2 times and gain 50k coins
12) produce Beverages 111 times and gain 11 Relics
13) produce tier one 24-hour production 6 times and produce tier one 3-hour production 12 times
14) Train 300 Units and scout 1 province
15) Upgrade 4 buildings to level 5 or higher
16).Scout 3 provinces or produce spell Power of Provision 3 times
17) Produce toolbox 7 times (1 day prods) & produce bread 50 times (1 hour prods)

ETA - Added some of the productions times.
There is also this handy graphic reference list, includes rewards for each quest. Courtesy of Elvenar Platinum Leaf.

Thank you sooooo much for this ;)))

DeletedUser

For the Hallowe'en Event

These 2 spoilers will help people to get through the quests, particularly those who may otherwise run out of time - courtesy of SoggyShorts from the Beta Forum

For the Halloween event, you should have at least
  • 7 workshops(any level)
  • A magic academy, level 2 if possible
  • 6 of your boosted goods factory (any level) it's possible with just 3 or 4, but will cost you an extra day or 2
  • 6 of each of the relics needed to make a "power of provision spell" (these vary from player to player, find yours in your magic academy when you select the spell)
  • At least 1 province available to scout (but don't scout it yet save it for #14!)
  • At least 11 encounters that you can clear either by fighting or catering, (this one might require a lot of prep if you are fairly new. If fighting is hard for you, add up all of the goods you'll need to cater 11 encounters, and save them for quest #12)
  • 1 power of provision spell cooked but not collected in your magic academy (don't collect it until quest #8!)
  • 4 buildings at level 3 that you can upgrade to level 5. (These can be anything from residences, work shops, or your boosted goods, but don't upgrade them past level 3 until the quest tells you to!) Which buildings you choose depends on your situation. I suggest workshops as they will help with multiple quests in the event, even though they may be slower to upgrade. If speed is your only concern, marble factorys are small and fast to upgrade.
"The above assumes that you have a Magic Academy, if you don't have one yet then be prepared to scout instead where necessary. - Lis"

The first few quests are pretty simple:
1. Spend 2 Knowledge Points
2. Produce 15m workshop supplies 3 times
("simple tools")
3. Gain 5000 Coins (change your city name to "MH please" by left clicking on it so that visitors know to give you coins instead of culture buffs, and visit as many people as you can and give neighborly help to get more coins)
4. Produce 5m workshop supplies 5 times ("beverages")
5. Gain 1000 Supplies(shorter production times give more supplies per minute than long ones)
6. Produce 1h workshop production 6 times ("bread")
7. Produce boosted goods 3h production 3 times and 3h workshop production 3 times
(as soon as you complete this quest, set 5 workshops, and 4 boosted goods buildings to 9h production to prep for quest #10, and don't collect them until you are there!)

8.Scout 1 Province or produce Spell Power of Provision 1 time (If you have one pre-cooked you can collect it now and instantly complete this quest, and you should now set your MA to produce 2 more power of provision spells that you will need later)

9. Upgrade 3 Buildings to level 3 or higher (take those 4 level 3 buildings from the list above, and upgrade them each one time only, I know the quest only asks for 3, but you will need 4 later)

10. Produce 9h boosted goods 4 times and 9h workshop production 5 times(if you started these back as suggested after quest #7, you can collect them whenever they are ready)
As soon as you are done this, start making the 24h production on 6 of your boosted goods to prep for quest #13 (again, don't collect them until you have quest #13 unlocked!)

11. Scout 2 Provinces or produce Spell Power of Provision 2 times and gain 50,000 coins (if the 2 PoP spells that you started after finishing #8 are ready, collect them now to complete this quest, and start cooking 2 more)
(again for the coins, visit your neighbors, and change your city name to "MH please")
Now would be a good time to fill your barracks queue with your first unit type in prep for #14 (as always, don't collect them until you unlock #14)

12. Produce 5m workshop production 111 times and gain 11 relics
(The relics can be gained by clearing 11 encounters, doing some tournaments, or if you are lucky you can get some from visiting neighbors.)
(the workshop part will be slow, but you can speed it up a bit by making some level 1 workshops if you have room, extra workshops will make the final quest faster too)

13. Produce 24h boosted goods 6 times, and 3h boosted goods 12 times. (this is when you collect the goods you started after completing #10, and start on those 3h productions)

14. Train 300 units and scout a province
(collect any troops waiting in your barracks, and start making the rest you need.)
(now is a good time to set 7 workshops on the 24h production, just make sure you have enough supplies saved up to train the 300 units, and to upgrade buildings on quest #15)

15. Upgrade 4 buildings to level 5 or higher (now you can upgrade those building you put up to level 4 in quest #9)

16. Scout 3 provinces, or produce 3 Power of Provision spells (now you can collect the spells you made after finishing #11, and make more to finish this quest)

17. Produce 24h supplies in workshop 7 times ("toolbox") and 1h workshop 50 times("bread")

(now you collect the 24h supplies you started at #14, and get going on those 1h supplies)

LarryB

Alchemist
Has anybody actually managed to finish these quests in time.
I still have 3 quests left to go.
Scouting provinces or producing PoP spells both take 12 hours each and there is at least 6 to do. plus 37 hours of production plus all the upgrades. That is 5 days worth already. I guess the ONLY way to complete this is spending real money, which I don't do.

I guess if you don't sleep, don't go to school / work and stay on the computer all day you might manage it.

And my quest says 9 of 12. How come you are showing 17

Give us a realist chance, please!

DeletedUser2114

Scouting provinces or producing PoP spells both take 12 hours each and there is at least 6 to do. plus 37 hours of production plus all the upgrades. That is 5 days worth already. I guess the ONLY way to complete this is spending real money, which I don't do.

I guess if you don't sleep, don't go to school / work and stay on the computer all day you might manage it.

Larry, I completed this in a Chapter 2 town on Beta, a Chapter 4 and a Chapter 5 town on international with 2 days to spare and I didn't spend diamonds to do it and I work 5 days a week where I don't have access to the game. There was plenty of time. When did you start the event. It's been up since Monday, I'm just curious.

LarryB

Alchemist
I made it with an hour to spare. The last 2 quests were quite quick, especially once I'd built another 10 entry level workshops.
For me, I seemed to always be fighting against time.
I would set a quest target in the evening, but I would have to go to work before it was ready. I could then start the next one when I got home from work, but that wouldn't be ready until the following morning. so it always seemed to take 36 hours to complete 2 tasks.

BekBel

Adventurer

Didn't spend a single real $ on this contest, but I got it done in about 3 days, maybe 4? Can't quite remember which day I finished now. It just takes planning to get it done.
What I and many in my fellowship did was build as many level one factories and workshops as possible. Set those long productions to cooking when the contest first started and just leave the goods sitting and waiting until the relevant quests came up. Same with PoP spells, have one ready and waiting before the quests even start. For the 40KP I used inspiring meditation and let it build up the day before I would have that quest and over night, then used the tournaments to fill up from 20kp to 40kp. By using the spoiler quest list before the contest even started, I was able to finish a number of quests within seconds of finishing the previous quest.

Looking at the upcoming Halloween contest, I already know that I could, potentially, finish the first 10 quests within about 2 hours of starting the contest. Leaving 14 days to finish the remaining 7 quests, which shouldn't be too hard really. It's all about planning, it's why we share those spoiler lists.

But I do know some people have difficulties that I currently don't have. I have extra space to build little buildings - because I planned out space for future upgrades. I have that perfect level MA that lets me make inspiring meditation, those who don't have that would have found the 40kp quest a bit hard. I have a good barracks with levelled up armouries that makes building troops quick and painless. This all helped me work fast - but even without those, it could have been done, just more slowly. With planning for PoP spells and the like.

DeletedUser

ha-ha-ha:)

I have scouting time for one province of 66+ hours. To open 6 provinces for 2 weeks I need 16+ days. What is the meaning for me this option? And I have no academy:cool:. Providing such impossible alternative the developers don't care about being able to perform this quest by advanced players like me.

I would say "just don't do it" but being at the start of fairies and taking a week to get to the portal, then a week to get to day farms, then 4 days to get to night farms... Kinda really boring right now, which is probably why these quests come out, as the main story later on is so grindy.

EDIT 400 or so KP's, so 17 days before anything interesting is happening. SEVENTEEN DAYS since I deleted my dwarf gear and have stuff all to upgrade. I guess that makes it easy to bring out new content faster than I can complete it... giving me zero incentive to get to the end. Why am I here again??

EDIT 2 Going to give this one a miss. upgrading buildings is a pain, although not more than the others, I guess, I just hate that in particular.. Lets see if I retain interest with fairies being so dull and long.