• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Wonky Walter's Questline

DeletedUser2699

Fully agree with it! Been playing this game like it since start...
Excess culture (relying on members visits) only increases goods..
Goods can be had by trading!!
Intersting having played from the start I would have thought you would have known that spells and relics boost good, while culture boosts coins and supplies. I don't have huge numbers of workshops or residences, but plenty of culture, so not too reliant on others to help. Never run out of coins or supplies and can buy and trade goods. To each there own, but a balance is generally the best policy.
I wonder why those who say that culture is not really important are scrambling to finish a quest which provides little reward along the way, for most players appears to be very difficult to achieve and only provides some more culture at the end which with a few diamonds most players could buy an equivalent or when they move to their next chapter, probably better.

DeletedUser2699

I have said goodbye to any possiblity of actually completing the quest I have worked out I simply will not have the time to complete the 6hrs of me sitting at my computer going click click click to complete the last task - Produce 120 Simple tools

DeletedUser

Intersting having played from the start I would have thought you would have known that spells and relics boost good, while culture boosts coins and supplies. I don't have huge numbers of workshops or residences, but plenty of culture, so not too reliant on others to help. Never run out of coins or supplies and can buy and trade goods. To each there own, but a balance is generally the best policy.
I wonder why those who say that culture is not really important are scrambling to finish a quest which provides little reward along the way, for most players appears to be very difficult to achieve and only provides some more culture at the end which with a few diamonds most players could buy an equivalent or when they move to their next chapter, probably better.

AFAIK the rewards tend to be a chapter ahead, so while you are correct, it gives me something to do and saves a little room, so why not? The quest is not slowing me down in any other meaningful way, why would you not get something that is further ahead, given the chance? By the same logic I should not bother with Wayfarers tavers, because snails are next ;-p

DeletedUser1353

The maths for you indeed works out. Snails are a little uber, so I am unsure if the math will work for wayfarers taverns, for instance. I currently run 11 workshops and that is perfectly fine, never run out (even with not quest cycling) I don't care about gold as if I ever need any, I visit my neighbours. Essentially I would not have those snails and have about 50 squares spare, that I could spend on what I like.

On a related note, what bottlenecks you, because it is KP for me, so I take that as a sign that I am being as efficient as required. No need for more "stuff" if you have not got enough KP?

EDIT: I do slow down a little at the start of a chapter, however that has never stopped my actual progress, so doesn't really matter.

Guess it depends a bit on how much troops and t3 goods you produce regarding the tool consumption. :p Can always use excess coins for buying more KP, I dont see a problem with that, so more coins= faster KP.. until it gets super expensive that is.

My bottlenecks are mainly guest race goods, get plenty of KP from tournaments. Sometimes I have to stop troop production when tool-consumption gets too high, like when im building new culture buildings/upgrading residences. But I can feel my tools draining away every time I occasionally dip down to 100% haha

DeletedUser363

I wonder why those who say that culture is not really important are scrambling to finish a quest
I don't think culture is important, and I don't find it makes completing any quests difficult....please don't assume that because we say culture is not important TO US it is causing us difficulties in the game, it isn't :)

DeletedUser

Guess it depends a bit on how much troops and t3 goods you produce regarding the tool consumption. :p Can always use excess coins for buying more KP, I dont see a problem with that, so more coins= faster KP.. until it gets super expensive that is.

My bottlenecks are mainly guest race goods, get plenty of KP from tournaments. Sometimes I have to stop troop production when tool-consumption gets too high, like when im building new culture buildings/upgrading residences. But I can feel my tools draining away every time I occasionally dip down to 100% haha

Cheers for the answer!

I can see we both are restricted by the same things (my KP cost is getting pretty high) although going into fairies I will be HOPING to avoid the lack of guest race good by going 7/5 day/night (I think) I have plenty of space, so should be back to being bottlenecked by KP :D

DeletedUser

I find it somewhat amusing that the people who use the MA, of which I am not one, are at a disadvantage in doing these quests. What downside is there to using all your relics? None, right?
<awkward>

The cynics would say this is a cash grab, make people use diamonds to get through, not me though!

Tiriake

Soothsayer
I find it somewhat amusing that the people who use the MA, of which I am not one, are at a disadvantage in doing these quests. What downside is there to using all your relics? None, right?
<awkward>

The cynics would say this is a cash grab, make people use diamonds to get through, not me though!

Well since i'm not supposed to fight anymore. MA was pretty much what made it possible for me to finish this event. Which I did. Didn't have to use a single diamond for it. Did build some extra workshops so i could get through the beverages/simple tools quests. Those were not hard, but to produce them was rather annoying.

DeletedUser

Well since i'm not supposed to fight anymore. MA was pretty much what made it possible for me to finish this event. Which I did. Didn't have to use a single diamond for it. Did build some extra workshops so i could get through the beverages/simple tools quests. Those were not hard, but to produce them was rather annoying.

Extra workshops eh?

k4uJx

EDIT 1: Why doesn't the image link thing work? Or am I being a noob?

Yd9ULY0

EDIT 2: Hmm, opening it in a new tab works, so I assume it is too big or something?
EDIT 3:
Yd9ULY0.jpg

EDIT 4: Nope. Just need to add dot jpeg at the end... sigh.

DeletedUser

forgive my ignorance, but What is MA?

Not making myself clear again! :D

Magic Academy, my point being if you used it, chances are you would have no relics left and thus be royally boned when you got to the quests that require you to make PoP (Power of Provisions :cool: )

DeletedUser2378

Thanks shadowblack & RX7

LOL

OK :D

so, it's not about Your making yourself clear, oldRX7 - it's me not doing the connotation ... :oops:

All fine & clear now!!
& Thanks! :)

EDIT- in my humble experience, you gain relics in a much faster rate that the MA ;) consumes them. It is apparent that you're not using it, or you would have known that! :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Killiak

Artisan
EDIT- in my humble experience, you gain relics in a much faster rate that the MA ;) consumes them. It is apparent that you're not using it, or you would have known that! :)

At a certain point the rate of gaining relics drops hard, because scouting takes a long time and provinces become too hard to fight and can't negotiate them without orcs. Negotiating gets insanely expensive too.

So if you have kept using that MA a lot, you might actually lack the relics for Wonky.

DeletedUser363

Magic Academy, my point being if you used it, chances are you would have no relics left and thus be royally boned when you got to the quests that require you to make PoP (Power of Provisions :cool: )

No you wouldn't, because you keep a check on your runes and (used to) clear the relevant provinces, or use the relevant tournaments to keep a stock of the runes you need:D

BekBel

Adventurer
<awkward>

Cash grab? What cash grab? It's not like anyone was offered a diamond special with free kp, during a contest that requires you to spend 40kp......

DeletedUser2699

I don't think culture is important, and I don't find it makes completing any quests difficult....please don't assume that because we say culture is not important TO US it is causing us difficulties in the game, it isn't :)
The importance of keeping at least a balance in your buildings becomes quite obvious when you actually run the numbers when considering the value of culture, spells and their cumulative nature. I currently produce nearly 5 times my base supply amount from 1 spell and my culture boost, as they act as % multipliers. I certainly could not fit 5 times as many workshops into my city to produce at the same rate!