• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Winter Magic

DeletedUser285

why is it that i cannot evolve the gingerbread house from lvl 2 to 3 after completing the 20 pieces required ? this has been the same in all worlds , am i missing something?

Killiak

Artisan
why is it that i cannot evolve the gingerbread house from lvl 2 to 3 after completing the 20 pieces required ? this has been the same in all worlds , am i missing something?

You don't just need 20 pieces, you need Artifacts.
These are indeed Grand Prizes, but not for every time you complete 20.

Sir Derf

Adept
There is too much Gingerbread, and too many houses, in the event.

When you complete the first Quest, you receive the Gingerbread Mansion evolving building, Level 1. To Evolve the Gingerbread Mansion through Levels 2-10, you need 9 Gingerbread Mansion Artifacts.

When you open a present, you get a hammer. When the Gingerbread Man uses a hammer, you get 1-3 Gingerbread Bricks. 20 Gingerbread Bricks are used to build a Gingerbread House.

Every time you finish a Gingerbread House, you get a grand prize. Starting with the first grand prize, every other grand prize is a Gingerbread Mansion artifact.

In summation, to evolve the Level 1 Gingerbread Mansion to Level 10, you need to open many presents, get many hammers, have the Gingerbread Man use the hammers to get 340 Gingerbread Bricks, which will build 17 Gingerbread Houses, producing 17 grand prizes, which will include 9 Gingerbread Mansion artifacts.

Got it?

Pauly7

Magus
So I've reached up to the crazy section of - produce supplies, gain supplies, produce supplies, gain supplies, all with different descriptions. I agree that this is poorly thought out, but ultimately if I was trying to achieve anything with this event then the more annoying thing is the "gain 15 vision vapour" quests that I've had three of turn up in a short time. Considering that I'm not about to craft things that I don't want for this event then each one of those has me hanging around for 2 or 3 days, potentially, even if I had enough CC.

Timneh

Artisan
One of my fellows has had NINE buy 10 KP quests mixed in with produce or gain supplies quests and one gain troops quest just for something different. In my fellows words if they get another buy 10 KP quest INNO can take this event and use it as a suppository.

Hekata

Artisan
The joys of doing this already bad event when your WiFi keeps disappearing for 20+ hours at a time. Just what I needed, another added level of difficulty :)

DeletedUser8409

I for one have zero objection to repeating supplies quests with different numbers. We have always had that! Previously you might get x Bread, then y beverages and then z toolboxes. Now it's different amount of supply quantities which you can strategically do however you want. That's a good change IMO.

However what's harsh is the quantity of goods needed. Not sure where these numbers came from. I'm currently needing about 18 precious rings with MM spell that doesn't seem right and I'm not even in the Hard section yet.

DeletedUser8632

I for one have zero objection to repeating supplies quests with different numbers. We have always had that! Previously you might get x Bread, then y beverages and then z toolboxes. Now it's different amount of supply quantities which you can strategically do however you want. That's a good change IMO.

However what's harsh is the quantity of goods needed. Not sure where these numbers came from. I'm currently needing about 18 precious rings with MM spell that doesn't seem right and I'm not even in the Hard section yet.

Well - and I am not saying this to mock you - In my chapter the amount of supplies repeatedly required is mind-numbing while I have no issues with the goods.

Killiak

Artisan
If the beta is any indication, Inno managed to severely screw up the reward system.
Will reserve final judgement, of course.

Well, no need to wait until lthe end of the event I guess.

Art; Pretty good overall, with an exception for the actual Gingerbread house.
Event screen; Not so great. A bit ugly, even.
Event system; RNG galore, and that sucks . Ribbon gain vs expenditure for a daily is utter shit.
Quests; Well, Inno did listen a bit, dividing up the basics and the advanced.
Rewards; yeah, you royally messed up on this one.

Final judgement; Good art and implementing a wee bit of feedback doesn't count for anything when you so royally screw up the event and reward system as a whole. Why is that every time you decide to take up a little bit of the feedback, you feel the need to screw up a bit more as well and take all the planning and fun out of the next event?
Another D-.

m4rt1n

Adept
Has the event had a nerf half way through? @Muf-Muf

My quests this morning were worth 40+ ribbons, now they are in the low 30+ ribbons.

It seems the old 180 quest system is back instead of the 132 quests, I'm back a category judging by the quests I'm now getting.

Julian

Sorcerer
Mine have dropped from 34 to 30. Obviously we were earning rewards too fast. But they should make the corrections based on the beta server prior to it going to the other worlds.

m4rt1n

Adept
All is back to how it was before, but I did a few quests at lower levels so will have lost about 30-40 ribbons this afternoon. :(

Deleted User - 1759805

Similar view on supplies vs goods here (at chapter 15). One thing to note is that if you have extra time, you can grind out supplies quests with shorter time productions (even 5 min productions deliver quite a bit), and it is certainly easier to round up big collections that way. You can't do that with goods productions.

Also, in the end game you still need supplies if you're fighting, but you generally don't really need goods, so natural supplies production is usually better developed anyway.

CheesePlant

Seeker
Why did they change to random quests? It's not fun and as people have said before me we're slow to pickup goods or units just in case they're required for the next quest that randomly appears.

DeletedUser8632

... or maybe the devs just wanted to remove most of the fun from events, if that is the reason they did a very good job of it.

I said that somewhere else before (but I had too much Christmas Punsch last night, so I can't remember where): The devs are clearly not incompetent, the overall quality of the game is tribute to that. Which leaves a) somebody who IS utterly incompetent is making the devs do stuff or b) they have a slightly sadistic and somewhat cruel inclination. Neither works well.

m4rt1n

Adept
For info, I have unlocked 9 artifacts while still on the latter of the regular quests.

Yes luck came into it on occasion, getting an x2 then a 200 ribbon, or reveal shows a x2 and shuffle after the daily prize, but also along the way I won silly craftable 2x1 and and lots of 1kp instants.

I believe everyone who completes the normal quests should be able to get 1 Gingerbread fully upgraded over the time of the event with regular play. Even if you need to spend the next 20+ days collecting around the city and doing a couple of the extra quests.

Sir Derf

Adept
believe everyone who completes the normal quests should be able to get 1 Gingerbread fully upgraded over the time of the event with regular play. Even if you need to spend the next 20+ days collecting around the city and doing a couple of the extra quests.

9 Artifacts = 17 Grand Prizes = 340 Gingerbread Bricks = 114-340 presents = 5700-17000 (Average 2 brick rate, 8500)

100 ribbons initial
100 ribbons e-mailed
4809 ribbons 130 quests 17-57
840 ribbons 28 days 30 ribbons/day
-----
5849 ribbons

8500 ribbons average needed - 5849 ribbons earned = 2651 ribbons needed in bonus quests = 133 bonus quests,

For average luck.

4-5 bonus quests per day, every day, for 50% of people to be fully upgradable.

I suppose it depends on if you consider 133 bonus quests to be a couple extra...

DeletedUser7781

Question: Why do players get penalized for doing event faster? I am on the bonus quests, but with only 20 ribbons per quest, which take 3, 9 or double hours to produce out of maxed manufactories, its impossible to gain enough ribbons to open 1 set of chests per day, so you basically exclude fast performers from gaining speeds, kp and such. I am very disappointed in this event, first, you cant choose type of chest you want to win, second you are screwed on gaining ribbons