• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Version 1.39

Pauly7

Magus
Y'all have 2 options:
1) Quit the game.
or
2) Get over it.

I know nobody will like these options, but you got no other choice. Why? You cannot simply reason with those people. It is proven the best InnoGames can do is to ignore Public Outcry.
Perhaps InnoGames have decided this. Perhaps it is with reason from past experience. The people do have a voice, though, as I have mentioned before. If their revenue stream is taken away they have no choice, but to listen and/or interact with their customers.

I see that ChangNoi has added his voice to this thread. He is one of the games biggest players and has been in the top two on Arendyll since I have been here. He is probably one of the biggest diamond spenders too.

I will use my shop analogy again. If you purchase a product and you subsequently have a grievance with it... and the shop you bought it from refused to even respond to your complaints when you brought it up... what would you do? Well there are several things you could try, but ultimately you're not going to buy from that shop again.

I don't wish to stop playing this game and it will take a little more to stop me enjoying it. However, whilst the supplier is still ignoring the customers I will not spend any money on it.

Pauly7

Magus
Hold it there mate. I've spent no less than ChangNoi has, I just rounded an year of playing Elvenar and already 12 on rankings. I got same merits as the dude got. I put my voice not only in this thread and Inno gave a crap about it... Don't get confuse my friend they won't care whoever is talking. I also see other top FS' players & Archmages raising voices in here, like it matters. They do whatever they like to do, I started think that even the money ain't mater ....
I didn't mean disrespect to anyone else. He was just one name that I noticed. My point was that if enough of the biggest diamond spenders take the correct action then it will get noticed.

I don't think you're in my game world... could be why I didn't recognise your name. :)

Timneh

Artisan
LOL you can't just be so serious. First one I see to quit over that crap. Well done, all time/hard work/$$$ probably, gone in a min!
How many more will follow?

I know of someone else. The person that introduced me to this game has now also gone. They were at the end of the tech tree waiting for the next guest race and they actually had a weekly allowance put to one side just for spending on the game, i don't know how much it was but it was a fair amount. It was not just the change to the BS/CL that made them quit but more the whole attitude of Inno on a number of things over the past year or so.

They have brought in this change with only one thing on their minds...themselves. Players built this AW because (among other reasons ) they were told by Timon, one of the design team that the changes made to the AWs was going to make them fantastic and then without warning they made them worse again. The reason they made them worse again was ? Take your pick from the number of things that they have come out with. They do not give a damn that players have sunk hundreds/thousands of KP into this AW to build it up to give the best results they can get. They have said that this change is linked to the change that will make NH easier, if that is true why has it been brought in so soon ? even they have no idea when that NH change will be ready, the last comment made about it on beta was that they had not even started to test it yet. If the two are linked why not wait and bring them both out together.
The lack of any response from the Elvenar team is another thing that has angered a lot of players. From the start of this thread there has not been any involvement from the Inno team, actually that is not strictly true as we have had a moderator come on acting as a dictator deleting posts saying they were off topic when technically they were not. The fact that Inno have lied to try and make this change sound like a good thing is unbelieveable. They made the claim that "a few people may get a tiny bit less goods" , if 80-90% is a tiny bit would a lot mean that we would actually owe them goods?
They claim that most players do NH for the benefit of the people they are visiting, how can they claim to know what other people are thinking when they do not even know what they are thinking themselves ?
It would go a LONG way to restoring a little belief in Inno they would would at least put out an apology about the way they have handled this matter but i know that is not going to happen. Inno are a German company but they are very Thai in thier attitude, Thai people will never back down and admit when they are wrong either.

Last edited:

DeletedUser702

hey claim that most players do NH for the benefit of the people they are visiting, how can they claim to know what other people are thinking when they do not even know what they are thinking themselves ?

Hi, my NH consist of around 180 cities of which 170 are more or less inactive! I used to visit all to my own benefit and
got about 10 replies! To Innos benefit, they tried to replace the dormand ones ( about 50 ) twice and replaced them
with dormant cities! So the above statement comes across like a heep of cow poop... Something not really working here.
I play FoE as well and it slowly turning into a yawn! Looks like they experiencing a downturn and trying desperately to
hang on! Not in a proactive way in my opinion.... My Diamond buying has slowed down to a crawl lately...:mad::confused:

Timneh

Artisan
my NH consist of around 180 cities of which 170 are more or less inactive! I used to visit all to my own benefit and
got about 10 replies! To Innos benefit, they tried to replace the dormand ones ( about 50 ) twice and replaced them
with dormant cities! So the above statement comes across like a heep of cow poop

I'm not really sure what you are saying here but i think that you are agreeing with my statement that Inno can not know what people are thinking. If you mean that you think my statement is wrong then you are actually contradicting yourself by admitting that you did NH for your own benefit and not the benefit of those that you were visiting. Please correct me if i am wrong. :)

Thezza

Spellcaster
Oh dear, the thought police have been out again...2 posts deleted for being 'off topic'..Is there an emoji for...wringing my hands in despair, whilst crying for humanity and simultaneously being absolutely enraged..???? Just asking...be quick, the post will be deleted by the Moderation Stasi soon

Thezza

Spellcaster
Right, seriously now...Dear Mods, this post will be 'on track'..it will be about V1.39 and only that. No side tracks, cul de sacs or wrong turns..just about V1.39, I promise. If you think it isn't I will tidy my room and go to bed with no supper. But it is..on track, on message, on trend..honestly!!! There will not be any post on this thread that is more on the tracks than this one, that I can assure you!!!
I mean it cant be good having to delete posts that have strayed from the designated track. As you keep saying it is important to keep posts on track, and I jolly well agree, so that is what I am doing...So here goes....my point is.......aren't the Elves lvl 20 and 21 Elixir buildings sooooo boring!!
Taa Daaa....see..right on track my lovelys

Timneh

Artisan
It seems to be a case of the moderator getting a little power crazy for some reason. If they were to go through all the threads about topics that have caused anger among players they would see loads of posts that THEY would consider to be off topic.
To keep this post on topic i think it would be very interesting to hear the views of the moderators on this change to the BS/CL. If you have one of these AWs are you happy that
1. You have lost goods (if you help more than 30 players)
2. You spent hundreds of KPs to upgrade your AW (if you upgraded it) and now that AW is almost a waste of the space it takes up.
3. You were lied to when Timon said to build all the AWs and upgrade them as they were going to become fantastic and powerful.
4. You were lied to when the divs said you would get more goods after this change or maybe lose a tiny amount.
5. the divs claim to know the reason that you do NH without actually asking you.
I could go on but i think you must get the message now.
So come on moderators share your thoughts about this change with the players that you seem to like thinking you rule over or are you prohibited from expressing your opinions by Inno?

DeletedUser4843

Y'all have 2 options:
1) Quit the game.
or
2) Get over it.

I know nobody will like these options, but you got no other choice. Why? You cannot simply reason with those people. It is proven the best InnoGames can do is to ignore Public Outcry.
You wasted your time, other good games out there, you don't like it get a new one, return or fix ain't working here, sorry policies. ;)

LOL you can't just be so serious. First one I see to quit over that crap. Well done, all time/hard work/$$$ probably, gone in a min!
How many more will follow?

She was a member of our alliance of with an account of around 100-200k points. It was a last straw, having seen all the other 'improvements' Inno have visited on the game.

DeletedUser4843

Is it off-topic to vice discontent on this thread? The mods seem to think so... Moderators don't seem to like being described as the Mouth of Sauron when they are orders to defend a party line...

EdwardTrunk

Soothsayer
She was a member of our alliance of with an account of around 100-200k points. It was a last straw, having seen all the other 'improvements' Inno have visited on the game.
Seems entirely reasonable to me and I don't blame her. She's also not the only one who has quit the game over it.

Thezza

Spellcaster
This should stay up....

I love ALL the new changes...they make the game so much better in every way imaginable. In fact I have missed work twice just so I can visit everyone in the whole of Elvenar. All those greedy people who are only thinking of themselves and the loss of teeny tiny amounts of useless goods should be ashamed.
Rock on Inno....you are all ACE!!!

DeletedUser4843

Seems entirely reasonable to me and I don't blame her. She's also not the only one who has quit the game over it.

I may well follow her lead... I too buy diamonds. I used to buy Rubies when I played Empires. I stopped playing that as a result of upgrades which, like this one, adversely impacted players while claiming to be for their benefit.

(Mods: Please note. This post is making a direct comment about v 1.39 by comparing the effect of v 1.39 on my current low esteem for InnoGames and the low-esteem in which I held Innogames for similar "upgrades" introduced on other games. It is therefore absolutely 'on-topic'. In fact, it is the only topic anyone wishes to talk about regarding v 1.39. What a shame we have to talk amongst ourselves.)

DeletedUser3098

/sarcasm/
This is appalling! How DARE Inno try to bring their game back to what it was designed for, an opportunity for players to build a dynamic, self-sufficient city through careful planning and intelligent design? How DARE they alter an aspect of the game that allowed some of us to gain thousands of Boosted Goods without investing Coins or Supplies, indeed giving us Coins and Supplies as well? It's unfair!
/end sarcasm/

Bluntly, if you NEED the Goods provided by Neighborly help, there is something wrong with the design of your city. If you NEED to buy Goods from the Wholesaler more than to get rid of excess Coins and Supplies, there is something wrong with the design of your city. If you can't be bothered helping simply because others need help, there is something wrong with your moral outlook. The feature we are filling 2 threads about is called 'Neighborly Help', NOT the 'Daily Gimme'.

I started playing this game 2.5 years ago because I liked the premise of the game. The game has changed a lot in that time, but the basic premise remains. I like getting free stuff as much as the next person, but I much prefer the feeling of success that I get when I can meet a challenge on my own efforts. I have no problem with Inno choosing to re-emphasise the design aspect of the game, even with all the vocal forum members whining about it being 'too hard'.

Fair is defined as "treating people equally without favouritism or discrimination", these changes do that. If you have spent your time here ignoring the basic premise of the game, recognise it as your own mistake, and rectify it.

Some of you will take this opportunity to indulge in personal attacks on me. Go right ahead, it will only reinforce my assessment of the value of your opinions.
If the game was like this to start with we wouldn't have reason to complain but it wasn't like this and it's getting worse by the minute.

DeletedUser3098

I just calculated my losses with this change.
I used to get 116,600 goods from visiting my neighbours and fellows, and now I get 15,156.
In addition, I used to visit while having the 'gather 4,000 gems'-type quests which netted me a further 900k coins and 72k supplies every day. Now I get... you guessed it, zero.
And that doesn't even touch on the number of KPs I've invested in that wonder, based on the expectation of getting these rewards from visits.
Why should I continue to invest in any other AWs, if the benefits could be removed at any moment, whilst Inno assure us 'you will get MORE rewards!!'. Utter rubbish
My losses were similar 122,000 down to 10,000 I got more rewards according to INNO with this change, Nooooo, NO MORE DIAMONDS

DeletedUser813

Same losses in my 2 large cities. Very disappointed that once again changes have been made to the detriment of players who put time and money into this game and feedback ignored as usual.

DeletedUser4853

Perhaps InnoGames have decided this. Perhaps it is with reason from past experience. The people do have a voice, though, as I have mentioned before. If their revenue stream is taken away they have no choice, but to listen and/or interact with their customers.

I see that ChangNoi has added his voice to this thread. He is one of the games biggest players and has been in the top two on Arendyll since I have been here. He is probably one of the biggest diamond spenders too.

I will use my shop analogy again. If you purchase a product and you subsequently have a grievance with it... and the shop you bought it from refused to even respond to your complaints when you brought it up... what would you do? Well there are several things you could try, but ultimately you're not going to buy from that shop again.

I don't wish to stop playing this game and it will take a little more to stop me enjoying it. However, whilst the supplier is still ignoring the customers I will not spend any money on it.
I will not be buying any more diamonds and am likely to quit the game. Why should I waste my time and effort to have the rules changed repeatedly beneath my feet and to be penalised for playing the game. The recent changes are counter productive, disrespect players mentality and abuse their loyalty to the game. To be lied to, in the way this change has been "sold" to we players by Inno is insulting.

DeletedUser2437

The Great Bell Spire is one of only two Wonders I have built for my city. I am still working through the tech tree and so I have chosen to aim for a few higher level wonders rather than many weaker ones. My GB wonder is sitting at level 6, halfway to seven when this update killed its entire purpose. This kind of behavior from the developers leaves me to wonder if it is even worth building any of them since they may have their functionality removed on a whim? And if Wonders aren't worth building this game doesn't have much else for tech capped players to do. Far more prosperous games than this have failed because end game players get bored and leave, mid level player start to think it's not worth progressing further and a cascade loss of interest in the game as a whole. I have spent a year in this game working towards the end state and it is really unsatisfying to think there is nothing worthwhile to be gained by doing so...

DeletedUser4843

I've voted with my feet and am in the process of leaving. Turning everything I can into KP or resources to give back to my FS team-mates.

InnoGames - I'm sure I'm not your biggest pay-master, but you've just lost yourself about $50 a month.

m4rt1n

Adept
Ok, it's a set back for me and many other players having a big reduction in the amount of boosted goods collected each day.
I am disappointed a lot with the change, and have spent real money on the game also to be where I am now but reading the thoughts here in this thread and the quitters, threat to quitters and bandwaggoners, it took me aback. It's an online game.
Another thread helped me put things in perspective, and understand the lack of response and replies by Mods and Staff here.

https://en.forum.elvenar.com/index.php?threads/listening-to-your-customers.5528/

I used to be a Mod in a different game and my experience there was...

Mods are too low in the food chain to have any power over the devs. For the most they do their dandiest to be the bridge between the players and the devs. The devs don't sweat much, if the Mods look silly when devs don't provide them with sufficient and|or timely info to be conveyed to the players.

And the devs usually have a long-term game plan of several months. When they incorporate changes to accommodate something they plan for a few months from now, it is VERY difficult to persuade them to not do it after it's tested, no matter how many complains, as it would mean changing their long term strategy, too.

If the Mod-devs relationship in this game works differently, my sincere apologies to both!

Being a Mod for Miniclip.com and Admin for the Unofficial Miniclip Forum since 2009 understand the relationship between the company staff and the volunteer staff fully.
I am as a player of the game rather dismayed by some players attitudes here towards the volunteer Mods (Unpaid and giving up their free time to help) and also the Game Developers, Dev's NOT Div's who without them we would not be here playing and enjoying for months/years the game.

Maybe the change is part of a longer reaching plan to balance out the trades, especially T1 goods as in the latest Fellowship Adventures and now in the Eldrasils Ascending we are all encouraged to produce all 3 (Marble,Steel,Planks).

Edit: To add here, I see since making my post @Shamy has clarified things in the thread I refer to above.
Common sense prevails, thank you. :)

Last edited: