• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Version 1.39

DeletedUser3097

Dear Humans and Elves,

Please use this thread to discuss the upcoming update to version 1.39 - we're looking forward to your feedback!

Kind regards,
Your Elvenar Team

DeletedUser441

Could someone please explain what is meant by "Two ancient wonders were giving out the wrong avatars." (the last listed bug fix).

Timneh

Artisan
From now on, the Ancient Wonders "Bell Spire" and "Crystal Lighthouse" will grant you higher rewards when performing Neighborly Helps.
This should actually read "will grant you far lower rewards when you do NH", unless you are a player that does very little NH then you will benefit.
This change rewards the lazy and punishes the active players and it is the biggest pile of BS to hit this game since the battle redesign and the wholesaler change. This is going to hurt new and smaller players as the people that used to visit all their neighbours have just had any incentive to do so removed.
If the game divs are so convinced that most players that have the bellspire/lighthouse do NH to help out and be nice to their neighbours then let them hold a poll and let the players themselves vote on why they do NH, is it to be nice or is it to get the extra goods, i personally do it to get the extra goods. Also in that poll they could ask players why they built the bellspire/lighthouse in the first place.
I can not see how the divs can claim that most players do NH to be helpful and nice to neighbours, what are they basing that assumption on ? The reason that players do NH it a totally personal thing and there can be no game data to support this claim so it would be very interesting to hear how they came up with this assumption.
Why have they brought in this change? That is a very good question because even the divs don't seem to know, they have come up with several different reasons so far, the first one that it would make their job easier to track the AW is most likely the real one. They probably sat in their little office one day and thought hey if we make a change to the bellspire/lighthouse it will make our jobs a bit easier, it will hurt a lot of players but so what, it will still be better for us so lets do it anyway.

DeletedUser441

What "avatars" are "given out" by AWs ? Or is this simply bad English again ?

Tonton-des-bois

Illusionist
I think it's the new portraits that some AW give you when you build them... I can be wrong...

DeletedUser3781

• From now on, the Ancient Wonders "Bell Spire" and "Crystal Lighthouse" will grant some of you you higher rewards when performing Neighborly Helps, but some players will got less.

There, I fixed it for you. :rolleyes:
No idea who writes those release notes (I don't think it's Lizzie) but they should learn to name black things black and white things white...

What "avatars" are "given out" by AWs ? Or is this simply bad English again ?

You get new avatar from some AWs after you build them, for example watchtower: https://en.wiki.elvenar.com/index.php?title=Forgotten_Ancient_Wonders#Watchtower_Ruins
No idea which were wrong, some of the newer ones probably.

Tonton-des-bois

Illusionist
Dizzy Lizzie said:
  • From now on, the Ancient Wonders "Bell Spire" and "Crystal Lighthouse" will grant you higher rewards when performing Neighborly Helps.
  • These rewards won't be added automatically but trigger when a treasure chest is available.
From what I red on beta, and if I correctly figured it out... That means the rewards will be 10 times bigger but you will only get 3 in a chest, so, that means you will get more if you had less than 30 visits, and you'll get less if you had more than 30 visits...
And because the FS visits counts, that mean you will only get more if you have only (30-24) 6 neighbours
AND , because you always have more than 6 neighbours after the first day playing, you will always get less...
So, saying you will get higher rewards (per visit) but not mentionning this will happen less often (3 times) is just another way to trick us... :mad:

Last edited:

DeletedUser

This pretty much knocks the Bell Spire / Crystal Lighthouse back to close to where it was originally as far as good go. Under the original system my current city would have got around 4,000 goods per day by visiting my fellowship and neighbors. When they re-balanced it to the current system my city now gets around 27,500 goods per day by visiting my fellowship and neighbors ( + 23.5 k ). Under then new system I believe I will earn about 5,500 goods per day by visiting my fellowship and neighbors ( -22 k from the current system, + 1.5 k from original system ).

I'm going to have to do some re-calculation as my city heads into the next chapter to see if it is worth keeping or not. I'll probably keep it though for the increased neighborly help duration.

The change is definitely a decrease though, so I do feel like they are insulting my intelligence by trying to pawn this change off as an increase. Losing 18k goods a day is not an increase.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser2736

I currently do my neighbourly help on the app so don't get chests there. I think the change to the Bell Spire will negatively affect me greatly unless chests appear on the app.

I also use the app to do neighbourly visits, does this mean I will no longer receive the bonus goods ??

DeletedUser441

You can buy goods/kp or scout a province with the extra coins. :) City expansions cost nearly the max in coins , so it's useful to be able to raise coins fast when needed.:D

DeletedUser4816

Hello,

i'm not sure if this hase bin sead yet on beta or here, but would it be to much to ask to compensate abit for the loss off goods with bellspire/crystal lighthouse
by giving 2 more chests daily?

we would still get alot less then before .. and i read that u are going to make NH alot easier .. i suppose it will be the same like FoE then? with an aid button.. so i understand that crystal lightouse/bell spire had to get nervd as it would be much to easy/faster to do NH .. and the massive amount off goods would be abit to powerfull for the amount off work .. but atm how it is going to be now its a really big loss .. a bit to big.
and 2 chests daily more would compensate that abit.

u are not going to make NH more attractive far from .. cause for what? the lousy amount off gold? event with an aid button i wont be bother to do it everyday ..

i made a forum account just to say this, sorry if it was already sead must have missd it somewhere then.

Thx in advance,
Greets R.M

Pauly7

Magus
Why have they brought in this change? That is a very good question because even the divs don't seem to know, they have come up with several different reasons so far, the first one that it would make their job easier to track the AW is most likely the real one.
I am no computer game scientist, but can this really be the case? Surely they have programmed the game to keep track of the ancient wonders, their outputs and whatever everyone is receiving. I can't imagine there is some guy sat there counting up numbers of goods that need to be allocated to people.

Otherwise, I agree with everything you say of course. Strange that other than the "official" statement from Marindor there doesn't seem to have been any comment from Inno on this. Considering it has been the hottest topic on this forum by far in the last week you would imagine they would have at least answered people's concerns.

I think that once the statement had been analysed (and I don't know why they think that it wouldn't) they probably realised that they have no logical defence of what they had already said and would now rather keep quiet than concede the inaccuracy in what they have told us. I hope this isn't true, though, because that would mean that we would have a company unwilling to even talk to their customers about what is going on and that would be the most concerning thing of all.

Pauly7

Magus
i'm not sure if this hase bin sead yet on beta or here, but would it be to much to ask to compensate abit for the loss off goods with bellspire/crystal lighthouse
by giving 2 more chests daily?

we would still get alot less then before .. and i read that u are going to make NH alot easier .. i suppose it will be the same like FoE then? with an aid button.. so i understand that crystal lightouse/bell spire had to get nervd as it would be much to easy/faster to do NH .. and the massive amount off goods would be abit to powerfull for the amount off work .. but atm how it is going to be now its a really big loss .. a bit to big.
and 2 chests daily more would compensate that abit.
I agree with you and it is a similar idea that someone has proposed in the Q&A, though I haven't seen a response to it. Jack's proposal was that we should receive 1 chest for every 20 visits.

I suspect that his suggestion is asking too much. Maybe your one is not enough.

My Bell Spire is comparatively in its infancy as it is only on level 2. With the current system I pick up around 10,600 goods a day for visits. After the change I will receive 1,770.

If extra chests were being awarded once every 20 visits then I would receive 7,080 goods. I would happily accept that compromise, but also know that it would never happen because Inno are looking to vastly cut the amount of goods received.

With your solution I would receive 2,950 goods a day. I think the amount asked for is a good amount to try to strive for. The problem, however, is that it is a fixed amount. I am doing around 180 visits a day. Those people doing lots more would feel the pinch more and it doesn't give a benefit to people the more visits that they make, which I feel it should.

As a revision to Jack's idea I think that a target which may work for Inno and us would be to get a) the initial 3 chests and b) 1 extra chest randomly for each 40 visits made. As it is within each 40 then you would have a chance of getting one, even if you are only visiting 20 people a day, for example.

If this system were implemented I would be receiving 4,130 goods per day, with a chance at 4,720. Seems like a good compromise to me and makes the Bell Spire still well worth it.

Last edited:

Timneh

Artisan
i read that u are going to make NH alot easier .. i suppose it will be the same like FoE then? with an aid button.. so i understand that crystal lightouse/bell spire had to get nervd as it would be much to easy/faster to do NH .. and the massive amount off goods would be abit to powerfull for the amount off work

The fact that the divs are going to make doing NH faster and easier should not have any impact on the bellspire/lighthouse, The goods you get from doing NH when you have that AW is not a reward for doing NH, the coins are the reward for doing NH and the supplies you get from some visits are the reward for returning a visit within 23 hours. If the goods were a reward for doing NH why do we not get them from the time we start the game, we do NH as soon as we have neighbours so why should we only get rewards for NH when we build a certain AW ?

@Pauly7 If you have the time you could try going through all the foruum threads and you would find that there is normally very little response from Inno about unpopular changes, at least on this forum. Marindor on the beta forum is actually very good at commenting on the beta forum, not brilliant but a lot better than we get here but that is not very hard as we don't see the CM for this forum here very often, he doesn't even do the release notes anymore.
The Elvenar players will probably never know the real reason for this change being brought in but i for one do not believe that it is a nerf because they plan to make NH easier. Here is what the release notes said about this change on beta.
A word from the team:
We changed the mechanic for this ancient wonder. For the vast majority of players, you will end up having more rewards than you used to. For some players, you may get a tiny bit less. So why do this? Simple because now, this system will be easier to balance and track on our side.
If that is the ral reason then active players are being punished just to make the divs jobs a little bit easier.

Pauly7

Magus
The Elvenar players will probably never know the real reason for this change being brought in but i for one do not believe that it is a nerf because they plan to make NH easier.
I still maintain that I know, and that it is simply that they don't want to give out all these extra goods. If I am getting 10,600 a day then I am sure there are people getting 50,000. 100,000 even??

This is why this makes me so angry -
For some players, you may get a tiny bit less.
I know that I shouldn't get angry about a computer game, but just the nerve to assume that we would believe that and believe that they believe it. They are making the change purely to make all owners of the Bell Spire / Crystal Lighthouse receive vastly less in goods.

Timneh

Artisan
I still maintain that I know, and that it is simply that they don't want to give out all these extra goods. If I am getting 10,600 a day then I am sure there are people getting 50,000. 100,000 even??

The game update has now taken place so i will say i GOT over 21000 goods a day, that is now down to 3450. If they want to reduce the amount of goods we get from the AWs then why not just say that along with why they think it is too many and not give us this BS about tracking.

I know that I shouldn't get angry about a computer game, but just the nerve to assume that we would believe that and believe that they believe it. They are making the change purely to make all owners of the Bell Spire / Crystal Lighthouse receive vastly less in goods.

This just goes to show that the divs think we are as stupid as they are. If they thought that we would just take their word for it that we would not lose out much and not do the maths then they are even more stupid than i thought (and i didn't think that was possible).
The part that gets me annoyed is where they claim that most players do NH just to be helpful to neighbours.How can they possibly know that ? there is no in game data to to back up that claim. I really would like to see a poll on why players with a bellspire/lighthouse do NH and also why they built it in the first place, i might have to try and learn how to start one.