• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

The Tale of Robert Redbeard

m4rt1n

Adept
I've only been playing Elvenar for two months (currently in Chapter IV), but I've more or less enjoyed the events so far. As a newbie, I'm less concerned about the space/production value of these new buildings as I am about the challenge of completing the quests and winning some cool little novelties. I'll admit, I have no real concept of how challenging (or frustrating) these quests might be for somebody who's already well-advanced into the game. My experience has simply been, where there's a will there's a way. Following along has forced me to think outside the box to achieve various goals, while hopefully improving myself as a player along the way.

It sounds as if having the basic motivation to participate in an event and see it through is part of the issue, here. I don't know what it would be like to become emotionally invested enough in a game, that the introduction of a new storyline would provoke such volatile reactions from some people. Yet there they are, amidst four pages of posts on this topic, lol. Sorry, but it just doesn't seem as if anything like this should ever stress a player out...games are supposed to be fun, right? In the spirit of sharing something constructive, I will say that the https://www.gamersgemsofknowledge.com/ website has been an invaluable resource for tackling events, tourneys, & all kinds of other stuff. Having access to the full quest list for Robert Redbeard Part II, was for me the key to effective planning and multitasking. Otherwise, there's no way on earth that I could've run through all 26 quests in the 5 1/2 days allotted. BTW, what was up with that? A full week would've been nice, like we had for Part I...

I couldn't have put it better myself. I actually ENJOY playing Elvenar and the events. Preparation is key.
For all the complainers who post, I bet there are a 100 more who are frightened to post on this forum for fear of being shut down by the few.
I also enjoyed the storyline of the entire event, however the rewards could have been a little better for a Chapter 8 player like myself. :)

DeletedUser3985

For all the complainers who post, I bet there are a 100 more who are frightened to post on this forum for fear of being shut down by the few.
Leaving negative feedback is scaring people away from the forums? I guess we should all start brown-nosing so we don't frighten anyone then.

DeletedUser3097

I guess we should all start brown-nosing

That is not necessary but respect for the viewpoint of others is important. Some people did not enjoy the event but others did- that will often be the case. This forum is the place to freely express opinions about Elvenar, within the rules of the forum, and no-one should feel they cannot do that because others might ridicule their posts.

If anyone feels that a post is not 'polite and constructive', see the Forum Rules, please use the Report option so that the Forum Team can check it.

DeletedUser3985

This forum is the place to freely express opinions about Elvenar, within the rules of the forum, and no-one should feel they cannot do that because others might ridicule their posts.
Just like no one should feel they cannot express their dissatisfaction because a certain person might (baselessly) accuse them of scaring away potential forum-goers, right?

m4rt1n

Adept
Just like no one should feel they cannot express their dissatisfaction because a certain person might (baselessly) accuse them of scaring away potential forum-goers, right?

Ok, no need to take my posts personally, I was only suggesting that there has been a lot of negativity recently. :)

DeletedUser3097

@Tree, @m4rt1n

As this conversation has now strayed from the original topic of Robert Redbeard, please continue this exchange of views via private message, should you so wish.

Thank you.

DeletedUser

I don't know what it would be like to become emotionally invested enough in a game, that the introduction of a new storyline would provoke such volatile reactions from some people.

Sometimes, it depends on the nature of the storyline; there doesn't have to be a deep emotional investment in a game, necessarily. To some, the idea of poaching and the wholesale slaughter of animals is quite offensive, so when a Questline Event appears in a game they play for fun, and to escape from real life momentarily, they are...unhappy. Some players just don't participate, others feel the need to come to the forums and vent. Still others may leave the game entirely (as happened on another server when the Halloween QLE came out).

Ultimately though, you can't please everyone all of the time, even if you really try. ;)

DeletedUser3466

The overwhelming opinion is if you plan you can win, I bought Skyrim and ESO for planning, I play Elvenar for a laugh and for the social aspect. I have just given up on the whole "winning the game" and the quest lines are for the birds.

Say what you will but I will stop complaining and just let the devs get on with their plan to try and make people spend endless amounts of rl money on a game that while cute and fun is not worth a blank check.

DeletedUser5678

Sometimes, it depends on the nature of the storyline; there doesn't have to be a deep emotional investment in a game, necessarily. To some, the idea of poaching and the wholesale slaughter of animals is quite offensive, so when a Questline Event appears in a game they play for fun, and to escape from real life momentarily, they are...unhappy. Some players just don't participate, others feel the need to come to the forums and vent. Still others may leave the game entirely (as happened on another server when the Halloween QLE came out).

Ultimately though, you can't please everyone all of the time, even if you really try. ;)

Your point is extremely well taken...there are bound to be storyline elements (or entire topics) that some players find fundamentally objectionable. Although not everybody will share these viewpoints, we need to remain sensitive to them. Just because everything is couched within the context of a fantasy-set game, doesn't mean that a moral compass shouldn't still be applied. Thanks for that, Golddust Odin.

It's encouraging to see that I'm not alone, in welcoming the challenge of another event. My personal victory condition is always knowing that I brought my best game possible, without resorting to boosting or spending diamonds. If I also happen to walk away with one or more reward buildings, then that's just the icing on the cake.