• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

The Tale of Robert Redbeard

Muf-Muf

Elvenar Team
Dear Humans and Elves,

Please share your feedback about The Tale of Robert Redbeard with us in this thread.

We are looking forward to hearing from you!

Kind regards,
Your Elvenar Team

Killiak

Artisan
These are the stats for the first reward:
This building pays 2nd tier goods (non-boosted!!!), and it produces double if you activate the link bonus with the 2nd set building earned in Part II of the event.

42783b_c4c9915c38a04a5b889f1959a0ef27bc~mv2.jpg

And the rewards for part 2:

This building pays 3rd tier goods for those who earn it while in chapters 6-8. The type of good paid is your first non-boosted good after your boosted good, when following the order in the trader.

42783b_4b6d9f41680a43808c3fcf42fbe1e632~mv2.jpg

Information taken from here

As for my feedback;
- We have already concluded that off-boost goods production is a waste of your space. The population and culture per square are also pretty much a waste of space. Redbeard's kitchen has rather low mana production, even with the link. Divine Seeds / hour is quite low as well.
Square for square; pretty crappy.
If you got space to spare and like the looks => then why not?

- Another event? Sjeesh. Stop clobbering us with events when you already know we want the next guest race.

- The graphics of the buildings are, in fact, very nice. They look good and you can tell your designers/artists have grown in skill.

- The questline is the same again. Needs relics, long productions, solving encounters. No alternatives in the quests either, so people who are stuck on the map are screwed.

- Can't judge the story line yet

Final verdict;
As far as rewards go, this event is rather poor. I'm also suffering from some hefty event-fatigue, so I can't really care for it.
People who are stuck on the map, due to Orcs or extravagantly long scouting times, get screwed over again. So much for listening to feedback.

2/10, for the graphics.

Last edited:

DeletedUser441

I won't be doing this event. The stats of the "Grand Prize" buildings are very poor as are the rewards for the quests. It isn't worth my time and effort as I wouldn't place those buildings in my city anyway.:( At least the Travelling Merchant buildings give the choice of which non boosted good you wish to produce , even if the amount is very low.

DeletedUser5436

Passing on this one.

I'm an Elf. Why in the world (any world) would I help an Orc slaughter animals? Why would I want his ugly self settling in my city? Why would I want a building with a Unicorn skull trophy hanging in it? Thanks, but no thanks.

Good luck to anyone running through this QLE, though.

Jackluyt

Shaman
Here is a video peep at the event!

Comments & Suggestions

Please feel free to contribute your Suggestions, Tips and Ideas!!
  1. It is very easy to finish this Event in eight days, with a little planning. But for most players the Relics quests require Tournament participation. So if you are one of those, even though the Event is eight days long - if it starts on Monday you have to finish it by Saturday to get in both rounds of Relics! I wonder if that was intended?

2. A common criticism is that the quest to buy Knowledge Points comes after the quest to spend them! Logic says that it should be the other way round, so you don’t have to buy KP twice in a row - and this irritates many players. It may be intentional - but it makes the Event less fun.

3. The Quests Awards are extremely miserly! Come on Timon! - you are not going to get people excited over an event like this if you offer such pathetic rewards. It is like offering people a big bowl of peanuts - and saying they can only take one. One Relic is an insult - I make 100 every week in the Tournaments. It costs nothing to give people something really useful...

4. There is a total lack of educational material in this Event. Quests could be used to teach the Newbies new skills; this golden opportunity is being neglected totally .

5. The Event is extremely boring. How about adding a mystery spin once a day with a (very small) chance of winning a wonderful Mystery Prize?

6. The Grand Prizes look mediocre and not particularly useful - but we will be in a better position to judge that once the second part of the Event is released. Right now we only have rumors about the Second Prize - InnoGames have not released details. Apparently it may give Divine Seeds - which will be very nice for Advanced players. We will see!

7. Two Set Buildings that boost one another is a nice idea - but we will have to finish Part One and Two to see if it is a good idea or not. Set Buildings, from our experience in the last Event, are an interesting idea - but veering towards ‘gimmick’ rather than ‘desirable’.

8. Over all, this Event is nothing to get excited about - it is just a filler to take up a week between the big Seasonal Event and the Fellowship Adventure that follows. One understand the new policy of cutting down on releases of Guest Races - because of the need to limit city growth which slows down the refresh time for older computers. The Events, Tournaments and Adventures are attempts to deflect the thrust of the game away from the Tech Tree into other areas. One understands and approves of that! The Adventures have been a huge success for most Fellowships - they have got the fellows working together as a team, and most of us find that exciting.

9. This Event I do not find exciting at all It is, in my opinion, hum-drum, unimaginative and boring.
Here are our event Notes:
https://www.facebook.com/notes/elve...15-january-and-will-probabl/1973850569536988/

Elvenar Platinum Leaf is a free-to-share public Facebook group with 4600 members and growing all the time;
you are welcome to share all our Files, Notes and Videos with all your friends and fellowship.

We have more than 200 'InfoTips' – which are nuggets of Elvenar information on different subjects,
that you may not find elsewhere, graded from 'Beginner' to 'Advanced'.
We also have more than 100 videos.

DeletedUser3781

I don't like the hunting theme and orcish architecture, but I'm glad there will be buildings giving divine seeds. I'm constantly running low on those :(

DeletedUser5319

Me: oh another event! Let's go to the forumns and look at everyone badmouthing InnoGames!
Also me: Oh look i wasn't wrong :)

We get an interactive quest line, new story line and dialogue with returning characters i never got to experience or see.
And all you people do is moan and whine and complain!!!!!

You all play the game by default but this gives some purpose behind what you do during the day and offers a reward and everyone just complains >-> We are getting some content, some gameplay, some lore and some rewards.

WHINE MOAN AND COMPLAIN :mad:

We get free coins, Supllies, KP and every kind of relic... Stop complaining we are getting free stuff!!!

DeletedUser3097

Now this me: This event is optional- if you don't wish to take part- don't! It's like someone offering you a piece of cake- you can take some or you can say 'No thank you' this time!

And me again:
Another event? Sjeesh. Stop clobbering us with events when you already know we want the next guest race.

That might be true for you, but for many other people, myself included, they are not ready for another chapter.

Killiak

Artisan
WHINE MOAN AND COMPLAIN :mad:

They want feedback, I give feedback. If you don't like my feedback; well, stop whining and complaining about it. :)

Now this me: This event is optional- if you don't wish to take part- don't! It's like someone offering you a piece of cake- you can take some or you can say 'No thank you' this time!

And me again:
That might be true for you, but for many other people, myself included, they are not ready for another chapter.

Inno want feedback, I give feedback. If you (you're part of the Inno team) don't like my feedback; well, you can ask me to stop giving feedback? I wonder if that is the message you want to send though.

I'm a bit event-tired as well, and my regular play is going to trigger those quests wether I like it or not. There is no way to decline participation, to actually say 'No Thank You'. Which might be an interesting suggestion of its own; give me a button, at the start, to decline event-participation.

DeletedUser5319

They want feedback, I give feedback. If you don't like my feedback; well, stop whining and complaining about it. :)

Inno want feedback, I give feedback. If you (you're part of the Inno team) don't like my feedback; well, you can ask me to stop giving feedback? I wonder if that is the message you want to send though.

I'm a bit event-tired as well, and my regular play is going to trigger those quests wether I like it or not. There is no way to decline participation, to actually say 'No Thank You'. Which might be an interesting suggestion of its own; give me a button, at the start, to decline event-participation.

...Wow i thought you were cool now you come here and you are just plain rude. tnx

DeletedUser5319

Feedback is welcome, as has been said before.

It is important, however, that feedback is given within the rules of the forum and that respect is given to those whose ideas differ from your own.
Apparently, liking the game and being grateful is impossible unless you work for Inno

Deleted User - 106219

Good luick to those hwo decide to bother with the new quest. I'll pass - the rewards (both the ones for the individual quests and the ones for the whole story line) are simply not worth the time and effort needed.

Apparently, liking the game and being grateful is impossible unless you work for Inno
No one said such a thing.

DeletedUser

I'll pass on this one. Mostly due to "event fatigue" and no desire for event buildings. I'll wait for the next fellowship adventure for the teamwork involved.

Good luck to those who give it a go.

As others have said, some of the graphics on some of the newer buildings have been pretty nice.

m4rt1n

Adept
Looking forward to this mini event, however seeing the quests, I will struggle to upgrade 4 buildings, being well into the Orcs and all my residences, workshops etc are already fully upgraded for the chapter.

cwgiii

Shaman
This was a hard lesson for me to learn too. I literally don't do ANY upgrades anymore unless they are during an event (to maximize reward / bang for the buck). Timing is everything in this game.

Timneh

Artisan

I actually started a thread in the ideas and suggestions area of this forum asking for a button or something so we can opt out of events and Muf_Muf closed it and just said that people can ignore the quest givers if they do not want to take part in the event. So much for all ideas and suggestions getting forwarded to the dev team.

Just as a matter of interest are you at the end of the tech tree as it doesn't really matter if there is a new chapter or not to people that are not at the end. The only reason i ask is that i seem to recall you saying that you were in orcs chapter not that long ago, of course you might have more than one city. Like i said i was just curious.