Following guidelines apply to all the content (posts, profiles, private messages) posted in Elvenar community.
1. Only English, please!
- The language of this forum is English. Posts in other languages will be removed.
2. Be polite and constructive
- Please help us keeping harmony in the community. Make sure that you treat others respectfully, do not insult anyone and remain polite. Aggressive, vulgar and provocative language will not be tolerated.
- Report aggressive messages to the staff of moderators and never reply publicly to them. Reply to posts always in a civilized and constructive way.
- Remember that we all have different backgrounds and different opinions. Respect is the key of the game!
3. Post in the right forum
- Please take a moment before posting a new topic and make sure you are posting in the correct forum so the administrators don’t have to move it later. Please be aware that some sub-forums have additional rules. Please read them before posting.
4. Style of communication (no CAPS!)
- Please reread your posts before submitting to avoid mistakes. Do not write all in CAPS and do form complete sentences. Your text might be read by hundreds of players so make sure it is understandable.
- On the other hand it is not allowed to make uninvited remarks about typos, writing styles, etc. If the grammar/spelling of a user is that bad, that the content gets lost, you can use the "report post" feature to report the post - an admin or mod will then deal with it.
5. Posting Protocol
- Avoid duplicate posts! You have access to both the 'edit' and the 'multi-quote' buttons, use them.
- Avoid repeating topics! Before you post a new topic please make sure that there has not already been a similar topic.
- To avoid repetition of arguments especially in long discussions you should always read the whole topic before posting.
- Be economical with quotations! Quote only the relevant parts so that posts won't get unnecessarily long, and people know which part you are referring to.
- Use comprehensive titles! Please choose appropriate titles when creating a topic. Please avoid incomplete or attention seeking names as they are deemed unfavorable. Generalist titles such as "question", "help", "lol" should also be avoided.
- Be on topic! Please post answers/comments that are relevant and relate/refer to the thread topic. If you cannot post a sensible answer it is better to avoid saying anything. This is particularly true for one-word-posts like "lol" or "rofl".
- It is allowed to post pictures without any comment as long as they obviously belong to the topic of the thread. Pictures are restricted to a maximum size of 640x480 pixels. Animated images are not allowed and will be removed.
7. Signatures and avatars
- Signatures must not exceed a maximum of 150 pixels in height and 500 pixels in width. This also includes any lines of text added to the side or underneath the signature.
- Avatars may not exceed 200x200 pixels.
- Both signatures and avatars must not be animated and both must comply with all other rules.
- Breaking any of these rules may lead to the signature and/or avatar being deleted.
8. Inappropriate material and language
- It is not allowed to post any discussions of illegal activities or illegal content. Politic and religious discussion are also not allowed. Pornography, racist or ethnic bashing comments are forbidden even if used in jest.
- Abbreviations, self-censoring, and attempts to circumvent the censure also violate this guideline. Please note that starring out characters like "f*ck" does not make it any less a swear word. It is still perfectly understandable and still intentionally offensive, and thus is forbidden in all forms. This is valid also for Acronyms such as "gtfo" or "stfu".
9. Real Life/Personal Information
- Please do not post personal, real-life information such as home addresses and home numbers. Note that this includes information related to you and to other users and also includes real-life pictures, school/college information etc.
- Do not use copyrighted materials of any kind in your posts.
11. Reporting rule-breakers
- All members have the right to report posts made by members of the forum. The function should be used only to report posts that break the rules and must be accompanied by a reason for the report. After the report has been sent it will be checked by a moderator. Abuse of the report system is prohibited and violators will be warned or - in extreme cases - banned.
12. Rule-Breaking In-game
- To report the breaching of rules by another player in-game please use the support system. Do not open complaint topics in the forum.
13. Discussions about bans and support tickets
- It is strictly forbidden to discuss any in-game bans or support tickets on the forum. Such topics will be deleted, punishment may follow.
- Threads and/or posts that are created solely for the purpose of advertising other websites without connection to Elvenar, or InnoGames GmbH are forbidden.
- Please keep in mind that all Forum Moderators are volunteers who enjoy helping out with the Elvenar community. Be as respectful towards them as you would be towards any other user. If asked to do / refrain from something, please do as you are asked to – failing to do so may result in punishment. Forum Moderators are enforcing the rules to ensure a pleasant experience for everyone.
- Freedom-of-speech rights do not extend to privately owned websites, such as this one.
- We reserve the right to deactivate any account and edit or remove any content without warning. These guidelines are subject to change at any time without notice.