• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Summer Solstice

DeletedUser649

Girlie

I fell into the same trap as yourself and after putting a ticket into Support, I have learnt that that is the transfer of money from our pockets to their bank is the sole object of all that INNO do. They do not give a stuff about how we, the players, feel about this.
Saying that, though, you can play this game and enjoy it without spending money, personally I buy diamonds as and when I feel I want to. Always keep a keen eye out for their traps e.g. Special Events, Competitions, etc. use them to your advantage but never expect to win and just play your game at your pace.

Pam

Killiak

Artisan
I dont think you got my post right, as I am annoying that I have to spend money to get my price!! This contest started out, making us all believe you could make it without spending real money, and now it turns out you have to spend A LOT of money to get all 3 prices.
I dont want to be forced to spend money on the game. I will only spend money if I feel like it. :)

With a spot of luck, you can actually get the second reward. It totally hinges on getting more Moon Splinters out of the gold chests.
For example, I have managed to acquire enough splinters for 9 gold chests, but I actually got to open 13.

Already calculated that, with the remaining time, I just need to get lucky like that one more time.

DeletedUser649

You should not need to 'get lucky' this is a game of strategy and planning. All targets set by INNO should be achievable without luck but with the application of the correct strategy. Diamonds/luck are used to correct errors in the strategy, they should not be the only way to win.

Killiak

Artisan
All targets set by INNO should be achievable without luck but with the application of a creditcard

There, fixed that for you.

I agree with you, but obviously Inno has been looking to monetize on certain aspects of the game, whilst fully disregarding the potential loss of players (See the 1.11 update discussion thread). Such is the way of things.

DeletedUser219

If Inno sold this game you would have a right to expect that all results would be achievable with the application of strategy and skill, because they got their money up front. Since they don't sell the game you don't really have any right to complain when they give you the opportunity to make a return on their investment.

I am a pensioner, I play a lot of free-to-play games because I can afford them. In most, every login is accompanied by a special, one-off, short-time-only sale of premium currency, or there are popups at varying frequencies to tell you that you cannot do without whatever it is that they're offering. Some of these games are great fun to play, and you learn to be very quick with the mouse to close the interrupting window.
In most of these games you cannot be fully successful without spending, in some there is no point in playing if you aren't buying.

Inno, in their first event, have made a reasonable attempt at an equitable playing field. Yes, you can 'win' by buying Diamonds but the prize is also achievable through diligence and a bit of luck. And we don't know, even on Beta, what all the awards are for the daily quests, because that cycle isn't finished yet.

Give it a chance, it is a first and there are more good things to come.

DeletedUser

pavlovcatbrown_fullpic.png

All targets set by INNO should be achievable without luck but with the application of the correct strategy.
Stochastic models are not only an inexpensive way to keep things from getting TOO predictable, TONS of research has indicated that occasional rewards lead to persistent behavior.
responses reinforced intermittently are usually much slower to extinguish than are responses that have always been reinforced
- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Opera...effectiveness_of_reinforcement_and_punishment

DeletedUser

If it helps anyone to know what prizes you're likely to get from the chests I did a mass cash-in of splinters yesterday in both Winyandor and Arendyll. I started in Winyandor with 657 splinters, I had already decided that I didn't want the new buildings so wasn't bothered if I get enough flares or not and I also compared the 3 chests, in the 140 splinter box there is a reward of 30 Inspiring Meditation - nice but 30? no thank you. In the 90 splinter box there are 10 Power of Provision and also 15 Magical Manufacturing while the 50 splinter box has 15 Power of Provision and also 7 Magical Manufacturing, I decided that I'd rather have the 50 splinter combination of those spells than the 90 combination. So this is what I got from cashing all those splinters:
0 x 50 splinters
10 x 90 splinters
2 x 15 power of provision
5 x 7 magical manufacturing
5 x 10 knowledge points
3 x 3 rune shards (2 excavation and 1 needles - the shard reward is for 3 of the same AW)
3 x codex (daily exclusive)

I repeated this in Arendyll a little later in the day after the daily had reset:
5 x 50 splinters
6 x 90 splinters
3 x 15 power of provision
5 x 7 magical manufacturing
4 x 10 knowledge points
4 x 3 rune shards (1 each of mountain halls, needles, martial monastery and dwarven bulwark - the shard reward is for 3 of the same AW)
3 x unicorn (daily exclusive)

Considering that I spent no money (diamonds) on doing any of these quests it was a very nice freebie by Inno.

Winyandor (18k city) has finished the main questline and just has the dailies now while Arendyll (160k city) is still on the main questline. People from both sides, big and little cities, have said that the quests are unfair for those in whichever size city they have, but the fact is that with 12 days still remaining I have finished the main questline with the small city and not far off finishing with the big one. I had different issues with the cities - getting relics with the little one when I couldn't win encounters with my army and didn't have enough goods to negotiate, and upgrading small buildings in the big one when I'm very very tight on space, but as can be seen I have managed it and we still have 12 days to go for others who may be struggling.

DeletedUser1925

If I get everything but Tome of secrets/Golden abyss runes. I'll consider myself a lucky guy. :)

DeletedUser

Currently saving mine, up to 580 moon splinters. Not interested in more culture (unless i get the rainbow unicorn back!) or rune splinters. Hoping for a population/culture decent looking item or just trash it at the end. I have very little investment in this, if I get something cool, that's great, otherwise meh.

DeletedUser2034

I am almost a noob to this game only been playing a few months, most games that I have played give the players a reasonably fair chance of completing these type of event with all goals achievable ( providing they are on line ) to complete the event/events, and yes sometimes you can speed up some events buying gems/diamonds to get a little ahead ( finish early ) your own personal choice.

But as for this S S E is imho totally unfair and unjust the event is totally rigged so that if you want to even finish getting the 2 Venar's rock you will need a good amount of luck to get the 140 or the 200 Sun Flares, to aid you in opening other golden chests.

Example me :- I have finished the quest one's 3 days ago, I have only open the golden chest's, yes I was lucky I did snag 2 x 140 moon splinters which bagged me another 2 x 20 sun flares.
I have managed to get Venar's rock 1, but as for Venar's rock 2 I am stuck at 80/200
with only a dumb daily quest netting me 35 moon splinters and with only 12 days left which will still leave me ( 385 moon splinter short ) to open Venar's rock 2!
Added to my issue is the fact that I have been on the same daily quest this is my 3rd day ( trying to get 35 moon splinter's ) I have to get a 1000 marble,... come on I'm a noob, totally unfair to noob players were still trying to do everything with very limited resources.

Oh I almost forgot what about the Venar's rock 3 ? where are the moon spliters coming from to get that?

hmm Diamonds! 11,000 = £59.99 that's aprox 10,750 Dia - 1,250 moon splinters,
and you need 140 moon splinter to get 20 sun flares! ( i'll let some one else carry on with the math lol )

for a all for Venar's rock 3 building we have no idea as to its cost in sun flares!
sorry for the gripe

DeletedUser1925

VR3 = 250 Sun stuff.

Event is complete failure before it was even launched.

I already told you why this was done so quickly to stop people nagging about Orcs province limitations and all the non-sense from chapter 8.

Today's EXCLUSIVE! :D
index.php

is hardcore to get golden abyss rune shrads. Toughest ones!o_O

Attachments

• golden_abyss_exclusive.png
    golden_abyss_exclusive.png
    203.3 KB · Views: 200
Last edited by a moderator:

Cregganroe

Conjurer
I am sure your monetary contribution is much appreciated by Inno
I resent that remark.... I do not spend money on AW's.... I am guilty of buying diamonds for expansion x2 but never for AW's so please do not assume the worst without the facts

Deleted User - 106219

I resent that remark.... I do not spend money on AW's.... I am guilty of buying diamonds for expansion x2 but never for AW's so please do not assume the worst without the facts
What do AWs have to do with anything? Especially here, in the SSE thread?

DeletedUser1295

Imho: Cregganroe meant to say she did not buy any Moon Splinters for the Venar's Rocks ;)
or perhaps misread monetary as monastery :p or... it had to do with the golden_abyss_exclusive.png

When it comes to the chests:
Some are just lucky in acquiring enough Moon Splinters with the chests to unlock all 3 Venar's Rocks.
P.S. Unfortunately I'm not one of those lucky ones :(

Last edited by a moderator:

Deleted User - 106219

Saying I bought the runes for the AW which I did not
THAT'S what you were talking about? Since this is the SSE thread and your post is just after the post where cheapnar was talking about the third Venar's Rock I thought you meant that you had gotten all three of Venar's Rocks (which is nearly impossible without spending Diamonds). It's possible that others also misunderstood you.

Killiak

Artisan
THAT'S what you were talking about? Since this is the SSE thread and your post is just after the post where cheapnar was talking about the third Venar's Rock I thought you meant that you had gotten all three of Venar's Rocks (which is nearly impossible without spending Diamonds). It's possible that others also misunderstood you.

Completely misunderstood, because Cregganroe is completely and utterly off-topic.

And it is not "nearly" impossible, for all intents and purposes it actually is. Look below.

When it comes to the chests:
Some are just lucky in acquiring enough Moon Splinters with the chests to unlock all 3 Venar's Rocks.
P.S. Unfortunately I'm not one of those lucky ones :(

I have gotten 9 chests so far, just from quests and not having missed a single quest. I could get 3 more with the remaining days left.
That makes a total of 12 chests, for 12*20 = 240 Sun Flares.

Now, if you want ALL the Venar's Rocks, you need 150+200+250 = 600 Sun Flares. That means you need to get lucky for the grand amount of 360! Sun Flares, which is 18 Chests.

Now, I am not too great at statistics, but getting Moon Splinters happens on a combined chance of 20% (7+13). Calculating the precise chance is hard, because hitting that 7% three times gets you an extra chest again, so let's keep it simple and say you need to have that 20% occur 18 times.

I don't want to make people cry, but the odds are not even counted as 1 in a million....
(2.6214400000000047e-13)

So let's not say that "some are lucky", because the math does not support it. I would LOVE to know who these Godlike Lucky people you refer to are though, so I can congratulate them on the impressive feat.

Even getting Rocks II is a 1 in 1562...

Edit; I know I have not taken into account that later "rolls" are dependant on the earlier rolls actually happening, because you only have enough splinters for 12 rolls to start with. I disregarded it, because the odds are already bad enough as it is XD.

P.S. Anyone superior at match, feel free to work it out further.

Last edited: