• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Summer Solstice

DeletedUser

I like this challenge better than the nine day one - BUT, I'm really disappointed that the only possible way to get Venar's Rocks III looks like by buying LOTS and LOTS of diamonds/moon splinters. I finished all the non-limited challenges four days ago now, and even having bought some diamonds and converted them to moon splinters, it's looking like I may well even run short of being able to win Venar's Rocks II without investing lots of money. Kind of takes a lot away from the "challenge" aspect if you can't possibly win without just handing over a ton of money. I didn't mind buying some, to try and win a specific daily prize that I particularly wanted, but very disappointing to think that you just lose if you aren't willing to part with tons of $$$ that you may not be in a position to spend!

DeletedUser

I haven't bought any splinters and am currently 170/200 on the Venars Rock II, I did that massive cash in a while back on the 50 splinters boxes and currently have 145 splinters. I believe there are only another 2 days of quests after this one - yes I know that the timer is for longer than that, so I doubt that I'll get Rock II but I'm not that bothered to be honest.

For a free event it was pretty good, lots of rewards and its helped my cities and moved me on a bit faster.

DeletedUser1925

It was not free event. You still had to spend resources otherwise you might not (yet).

DeletedUser1925

It was free, depending on how far you want to go in it, you could complete quests just within your normal game play, if that is what you chose to do.
Maybe because you had to spend relics to create spells... instead of saving them for AW.
Or goods to gain more relics. etc.

DeletedUser363

Maybe because you had to spend relics to create spells... instead of saving them for AW.
Or goods to gain more relics. etc.

Unless you would have produced spells anyway and get relics by clearing provinces you needed to clear anyway....all part of the game. Any aspect of the quests could have been part of a normal game and not cost extra, and there is the choice to ignore the quests completely ;)

Deleted User - 13667

:oops:

And I thought i was the only one on the streak of getting runes for the rewards..

DeletedUser1925

It was free those relics didn't cost anything.... It was a great contest really enjoyed it.... But like a lot of others being driven away from the forum due to the negative ninnies and those that just want to attack any opinion that differs from them..... :D

And there is the obligatory smile that makes everything alright

Goods for negotiate, troops for fighting are free. I didn't know that. Can you tell me where?

Tiriake

Soothsayer
I liked this event. Nice easy tasks and we had plenty of time to finish those. I'm quite sure I wont get the second Venar's Rock unlocked, but I don't care really. I'm pretty happy with the rewards from the chests. I do hope that they make the cultural buildings that we got from this event open for neighborly help.

DeletedUser219

Goods for negotiate, troops for fighting are free. I didn't know that. Can you tell me where?
Let's see, Supplies are free, you only have to set your workshops to producing them. Coin is free, all you have to do is collect it from your residences. Goods only cost Coin and Supplies, both free, so Goods are free also.
What do they call this type of game? :rolleyes: Oh yes, Free To Play.:cool: Now why would they have all this free stuff in a free to play game?

Easy.

To convince all those greedy people who want MOAR, that they should pay for it. :p

DeletedUser1925

Let's see, Supplies are free, you only have to set your workshops to producing them. Coin is free, all you have to do is collect it from your residences. Goods only cost Coin and Supplies, both free, so Goods are free also.
What do they call this type of game? :rolleyes: Oh yes, Free To Play.:cool: Now why would they have all this free stuff in a free to play game?

Easy.

To convince all those greedy people who want MOAR, that they should pay for it. :p

You are totally right... All we need is time & space. Oh, and energy to run computer which is free right?

Today got 1 Father Tree, 50 KP, 9 ToS runes (Not a day goes by w/o ToS runes), bunch of MS, Venar's rocks II, KP spells.

Now I have all those building no where to put... :)

Tonton-des-bois

Illusionist
Remove your mecenary camp, we'll have blossom mage when chickens will have teeth :p

Tonton-des-bois

Illusionist
If only we could... as well as the barracks... :oops: But I already tried bulldozer, TNT, nitric acid, horse urine and mutant termites and I didn't even make a scratch to it... It's stronger than the dishonesty of a politician :D
But I must admit I probably saved a lot of KP thanks to Inspiring Meditation, running in loop... So even if I would like, sometimes, to be able to remove it while I'm not in need of spells but in need of room, I don't fully regret to have built it.

Last edited:

DeletedUser

Overall this has been a pleasant event. It provided other things to do, and everyone should have gotten some decent rewards, including ones they were not too keen on (in my case spells and relics for AW I don't want/already have). VR 2 is achievable with luck and if you didn't buy silver/bronze chests like most people probably did at the beginning - which is nice.

I'm still not really a fan of random rewards where people can end up with different results at the same input of effort and employing identical strategies, but I find it a lot worse when people are paying. I may have purchased diamonds to get VR 2 since I am close, but I will not waste money for a chance to get anything unless it's very cheap.

DeletedUser

Really can't work out where this event wasn't free, I didn't do anything more than I would do normally, sure I've done some different production times on my workshops but that's fine, didn't cost me anything to do that and I use supplies all the time.

I'm always making spells so I just used the relics like I would normally and so completed those quests, I struggled with gain 12 or more relics on my smaller city but it didn't matter as I still finished the main questline a few days ago.

Got so many rewards, spells that I certainly can't make in such great numbers, free kp, various culture buildings.

Thanks Inno, I really enjoyed it!