• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Runeshard Changes

Geminatrix

Soothsayer
I'm seeing the occasional "this players been helped enough today" when trying to give KPs to their AWs.. is there a limit on how much a player can be helped in 24h ? as its causing some issues when they are looking to swap and we cant swap =.=

Far Reach

Conjurer
I'm seeing the occasional "this players been helped enough today" when trying to give KPs to their AWs.. is there a limit on how much a player can be helped in 24h ? as its causing some issues when they are looking to swap and we cant swap =.=

There is a limit to how much a player can receive (in donations to their AWs) relative to how much they give (in direct donations to other people's AWs, or via the kp instants in reward chests returned from their AWs). Everyone has a positive starting balance and a small supplement each day, but if they fall into deficit then they are unable to receive help until their balance is made positive again. (The purpose is to stop pushing.)

Most KP swap schemes are reasonably balanced, and shouldn't typically cause problems. A player levelling up a lot of wonders at the same time could encourage multiple large outside KP investments though (from KP hunters) as they get close to completion.

If the blocked player has received some big donations from outside the fellowship then providing gifts in return would improve their balance. Simply completing a nearly full AW could work as well (because it is only then that the reward chests count as gifts to the donors).

Aisling1

Conjurer
You've missed the point.. Again.. it's not about the KP's, the amounts, the limits..
It's the fact that this is the only situation where non neighbours, non FS, non discovery on the maps can do what they like..
If you haven't discovered me, can't visit me, and can't trade with me.. then your KP's in my AW's... so that you can gain chests and shards should be null and void..
NO KP Donations without visiting and trading..

Aisling1

Conjurer
And it's about those many 1000's of mid level fellowships where KP swap threads don't always work brilliantly.. being targeted by players who donate 3kp and get 2nd or 3rd level chests on upgrade - who don't visit or trade - this is my problem.. so I would like, no visits or trades.. no KP effects... can we do this?

Aisling1

Conjurer
It is impossible for an outsider to 'steal' rewards if you don't leave them lying around where people can steal them! In other words, if your fellowship has one or other decent swap system, this can never happen - on ours, for example, the top contributors to the swap thread have made contributions like this example:

View attachment 6167

So it is impossible for an outsider to sneak in and steal a 'cheap reward' if you have a good swap system.

One should NEVER donate points to your own Ancient Wonder - for two simple reasons:

1. Taking a wonder to within 100 points of completion before offering it to your friends, opens the door for so-called 'KP pirates'.

2. More importantly, a knowledge point you swap with a friend has a chance of helping you to get bonus KP and rune shards. If you drop it in your own wonder, it has zero chance of gaining you anything. That is why I drop every single KP I have into swaps of various sorts, on a daily basis - and average between 10 and 15% extra bonus KP as a result.
:)
We don't have a good swap system.. our swap system barely functions..
We don't play daily or regularly, we build up KP's for all sorts of reasons and putting them into someone else's AW is not always an option..
We are the norm..
We know your point.. but we don't always have 5 players regularly aware and available to push out the 3 to 5 Kp donators.. and all we are asking is that these donators be also visitors and traders..

Aisling1

Conjurer
Bottom line.. you can only donate to an AW if they also either visit or trade.. That seems to me fair, and would go a long way to solving my problems..

Aisling1

Conjurer
Oh and... when I've more rune shards than I can use, winning them in events makes me give up on events.. what's the point, if the only prizes are null void and useless..
I just won 5 rune shards.. if I could even save them.. but they're useless..

Killiak

Artisan
Don't understand this, please explain..

The limit that was put on receiving KP donations also applies to KP instants you receive from Ancient Wonders. They count against the balance.

So if a KP Hunter puts 100kp into various wonders and then receives 300kp from the rewards, his balance will go down by 200! (300 - 100 = 200)
However, the daily KP limit increase we get from Inno is 80kp. So effectively, his balance went down by 120.

Many KP Hunters are very good at what they do, and a very active hunter can easily get that amount every day. So after a while, the KP hunter will no longer be able to have his fellows donate to his wonders, and his balance goes deeper and deeper into the negative.

Ergo; KP hunting has been severely hurt by this change.

SkyRider99

Mentor
I would venture to say that any perceived runeshard/KP issue will eventually disappear, along with all the runeshards that are being thrown around. ;)

Paladestar

Enchanter
So after a while, the KP hunter will no longer be able to have his fellows donate to his wonders, and his balance goes deeper and deeper into the negative.

Ergo; KP hunting has been severely hurt by this change.
I haven't hunted for a week now and I'm still blocked from the last time I did! :mad:

Hekata

Artisan
I see it as a badge of honor, my new goal -100.000.
Why? because I can :cool:
So what you're saying is that just for your fun you're taking the kps and runes that you don't need from players who might actually need them? Not particularly honourable in my book.

CrazyWizard

Shaman
So what you're saying is that just for your fun you're taking the kps and runes that you don't need from players who might actually need them? Not particularly honourable in my book.
Who said I do not need them?
And who said I am taking them away? you have any clue how many players fill there wonders alone without any help?

What I said is you can go into the -, and thats where I go for. outside from using them on my wonders, I always lack spellfragmens and KP instants are a great source of spellfragments.

Hekata

Artisan
Who said I do not need them?
And who said I am taking them away? you have any clue how many players fill there wonders alone without any help?

What I said is you can go into the -, and thats where I go for. outside from using them on my wonders, I always lack spellfragmens and KP instants are a great source of spellfragments.
As far as I remember you complained a lot of times that you had too many AW levels to play the tournaments and that you even deleted some.
There are very few active players outside of FS, most are just casual players who upgrade their wonders too slowly for hunters to make significant profits of them. If a player is in a FS your are taking away from that FS.
The introduction of some new more costly recipes does have an effect on SF if one crafts 24/7 like I do but if I feel like the numbers are getting lower than I like I just slow down crafting for a little while and it goes back up very fast (or I disenchant one of the hundred event buildings in my inventory) so no need for going after AWKPs for that.

However I based my comment purely on what you said:
my new goal -100.000.

Sounds like you're doing it just for kicks and bragging about it :)

Pauly7

Magus
However I based my comment purely on what you said:
my new goal -100.000.

Sounds like you're doing it just for kicks and bragging about it :)
I don't know what it even means that the new goal is 100,000.

Hekata

Artisan
I don't know what it even means that the new goal is 100,000.
It's - (minus) 100,000; I understood it that he's going to do so much kp hunting that he's going to have a negative balance of -100k

Pauly7

Magus
Oh I see. So you gain 100,000 KP in chest rewards, but no one can ever donate back to you.

I still don't know how you'd know you were on -100,000.

Hekata

Artisan
You can check it in game files, although not for your own city, you have to ask someone else unless you have 2 cities in the same world.