• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Runeshard Changes

Alcaro

Necromancer
dev tools.jpg

and after clicking on Dev Tools ... mwell ... no matter what I tried (not that I had much idea of what I was doing) I couldn't get the line Karvest had in his spoiler < Beta.

Stephen1

Spellcaster
@Alcaro @SkyRider99 While in another player's city open the dev tools, then open their list of AW's. Then scroll to the top of the list and select the JSON line (see image below)

2.png

Follow the open arrows (click on the arrows next to 0, responceData, ancientwonderPhases, 12(or any number that has the class "ResearchPhase"))

Last edited by a moderator:

Jake65

Sage
@Alcaro @SkyRider99 While in another player's city open the dev tools, then open their list of AW's. Then scroll to the top of the list and select the JSON line (see image below)

View attachment 6172
Follow the open arrows (click on the arrows next to 0, responceData, ancientwonderPhases, 12(or any number that has the class "ResearchPhase"))
If I'm reading this correctly, the player can still receive 4441 kp?

Paladestar

Enchanter
If I'm reading this correctly, the player can still receive 4441 kp?
Yes. :p

Alcaro-KP-limit.PNG

I got fed up of manually going into the dev tools all the time when people asked me to check for them and tell them what their credit was, so I took matters into my own hands and made it display automatically. ;)

Inno should be showing us this themselves, to save us from all this.

Last edited by a moderator:

Paladestar

Enchanter
@Paladestar The idea behind the limits was to ensure this would not be manipulated by Push Accounts... probably the reason why they would not advertise how to do this.

Kind Regards

Herodite.
I understand that, but by the same token, when we're trying to trade KP with our fellows, we need to be able to see if the person we're due to trade with has enough of a limit for the trade to work! If I agree to swap 10 runes with a fellow, but when I've added 5, I suddenly get a message saying they can't have anymore, our trade is messed up! So we need to know how much space someone has before we can accept a trade arrangement!

Pauly7

Magus
This is the first time anyone's actually explained the "gamefiles". Most won't say a word and I've spent years googling how to do it to no avail.

SkyRider99

Mentor
@Paladestar The idea behind the limits was to ensure this would not be manipulated by Push Accounts... probably the reason why they would not advertise how to do this.

Kind Regards

Herodite.
Understandable. As with a lot of things, we are often hampered by people with bad intentions. Such is life. :cool:

Jackluyt

Shaman
Now I'm confused too. How does one do this? I haven't heard of 'game files' before.
Elvenar holds all the game's loading information in an XML game file, that is transferred to your PC every time you open your city. It is possible to break into this information if you know how - a process known as 'data mining'.
InnoGames do not approve of this; they never intended that this information would be available to the ordinary player - else they would post it in their Wiki. So using this info is in fact intellectual property theft.
'Data miners' argue that this is information that is 'just lying around' - so you are free to take it. Try telling that to the judge when you have climbed into someone else's car that you found parked next to the road and driven it away, just because it was lying there and no one was using it...
There are lots of different opinions on this subject, but for me theft is theft, no matter how you try to argue your way around it. That is why the Platinum Leaf event notes that I write do not contain data-mined material - though it would be so much less work to get someone to extract all the info from the game file for me.
:)

Pauly7

Magus
You make that sound simple, but I've just spent 20 minutes looking at this and can't see anywhere to open Ancient Wonders... In fact, I can't even find those headers on your screenshot "headers, payload, preview" etc.

OldHag

Necromancer

Kind Regards

Herodite.
Being that boat has now sailed and it seems lots of players can now see other players kp balance/credit, would Inno now consider giving the rest of us some kind of visual display, so as not to put us at a disadvantage?

Killiak

Artisan
Elvenar holds all the game's loading information in an XML game file, that is transferred to your PC every time you open your city. It is possible to break into this information if you know how - a process known as 'data mining'.

You don't break into anything. It is a basic browser function that lets you look into data that was sent to your PC.
Looking in the Firefox or Chrome DevTools function is not data-mining.

InnoGames do not approve of this; they never intended that this information would be available to the ordinary player - else they would post it in their Wiki. So using this info is in fact intellectual property theft.

It is, in fact, not.
Any data sent to my PC is free for me to look at. Now if I were to USE the code and images in my own product, only then would it be theft.

'Data miners' argue that this is information that is 'just lying around' - so you are free to take it. Try telling that to the judge when you have climbed into someone else's car that you found parked next to the road and driven it away, just because it was lying there and no one was using it...

Comparing apples to pears and then saying the apple is the same as the pear. Poor comparisons do not validate your misconstrued argument.
You are not *taking* any data away from anyone else or Inno, especially when Inno freely sends a copy to your PC. You are completely at liberty to only look at it.

@Jackluyt Your post holds a lot of misinformation

Last edited:

OldHag

Necromancer
Thank you very much @Herodite, you can only ask and it's much appreciated. :)

C-Nymph

Necromancer
I got fed up of manually going into the dev tools all the time when people asked me to check for them and tell them what their credit was, so I took matters into my own hands and made it display automatically. ;)

Inno should be showing us this themselves, to save us from all this fecking around.
Care to share your automatic display method with me in a PM? It would really save me a lot of time and effort to check all my fellows kp limits on a weekly basis ;) I’ve been doing it manually so far, posting it in a google sheet and shared that with my fellowship, but it would be a great help if you could share your shortcut method :) Thanks a lot in advance!

CrazyWizard

Shaman
There are lots of different opinions on this subject, but for me theft is theft, no matter how you try to argue your way around it. That is why the Platinum Leaf event notes that I write do not contain data-mined material - though it would be so much less work to get someone to extract all the info from the game file for me.
:)
Yeah google is a big bad thief, so are all the other browsers. they should be incarcerated for life
I mean You are a big evil human being if you even dare to look at your screen because thats theft of IP. because thats the information they send you in plain text made pretty.

There is a difference between looking at open data, and copy that data for unfair use (for example build a 1:1 copy of the game using that information)

Don't say such things if you don't even have a gist of what you are talking about.
There is absolutely nothing illegall at looking at the data they send you. not even the slightest tiny bit.

In Fact your elvenar facebook is likely infringing on elvenars IP as you are using there pictures and the question is how wel does it fall or not fall in the fair use category.

Last edited: