• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Official Discord server arrives September 11th 2023!

Hekata

Artisan
I think it simply doesn't matter how much we are against Discord, the decision was taken and Inno is moving forward with it.
In Beta there's no more link directing to forum:
View attachment 7924
I think that the very fact that we don't get announcements and release notes on the forums speaks volums and this change to the beta brower seems to confirm it's final.

Since I've stared playing Elvenar, Inno has never changed their mind about anything no matter how much negative feedback they got, except once when it turned out that they were loosing money because of it (=unlimited quests in events).

Having said that, I will keep hoping until the moment they close the forums that they will change their minds because I really dislike Discord very much.

C-Nymph

Necromancer
Think this is very much a function of the fact that the beta CM sees it, and is pushing it, as a done deal. He really loves Discord and apparently wants no feedback on the decision :(

Can only hope that he's an outlier, that others may be prepared to listen. Certainly wouldn't say that he's gained much respect in Beta since his arrival.

Btw, change is only on betavbrowser version so far, App still shows Forum. Perhaps he missed something :)
CM's are not able to change in-game functions as far as I know, this is done by the developers/programmers...

C-Nymph

Necromancer
I think you may find that we are the ones who indeed add/change/remove all sorts of things :)
Interesting... So you actually get to change stuff in the game? That seems to me like CM's might have a bit too much power maybe...? Do you at least have to ask for permission before making changes? I mean, changes in game are made for all players across all servers, so it has a big impact...

The Discord server, especially with the EN/Int and US communities combined, certainly does not feel like a safe place where all opinions are welcome like here on the forum.

Many a Discord member is quick to jump to wrong conclusions and there is little to no moderation when people who are generally concerned and are expressing their worries are met with sarcasm, jokes, are made fun of or are just downright offended or insulted by other Discord members.

Certainly not a place where I like to hang out for fun or info. Only reason I am there now is because it appears that more feedback is being gathered there than here on the forum so I’m combining the two media now to better get the message across that this new situation is not working. At least not for everyone. Although I highly doubt Inno still cares about this part of their community. Every (re)action so far feels like they have already given up on us.
I am imagining if our gentle souls have arrived in any place called "Discord" we would be greeted with hot tar and ropes. Im sure im exaggerating, but a lot of people are attracted to the name and not the content. What a shame, that you should be treated that badly.

OldHag

Necromancer
I am imagining if our gentle souls have arrived in any place called "Discord" we would be greeted with hot tar and ropes. Im sure im exaggerating, but a lot of people are attracted to the name and not the content. What a shame, that you should be treated that badly.
no need to worry about that @lilymarlene - there ain't much greeting of any kind on Discord. ;)

Last edited:

C-Nymph

Necromancer
This thread has now passed the most replies in over a year, Feb 2022 cauldron thread had 226 replies now here in a month already at 253 and 9k views.

That to me says a lot, Inno should notice.
They should also take a look at which posts received likes, because that is also very telling. Some people don't reply but they do react by giving their 'vote' to certain posts by others that they agree with...

m4rt1n

Adept
Do posts get deleted often?

Here or on Discord? I sometimes delete my own posts here on the forum if I have made a mistake about info etc as users on the forum can delete their own post. Rarely do posts need deletion by staff from what I have seen over the last 6-7 years, most here are sensible enough not to post things that break the common sense rules of such a friendly environment.

For Discord - No comment as I only observe on rare occasions.