• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Official Discord server arrives September 11th 2023!

SkyRider99

Immortal
Interestingly, seems like they're not that profitable. One theory being a lack of ad revenue.
So all they need is to use more ads and somehow make subscribers pay for stuff. Discord is sounding more like a booby-trap every day.

1695947203824.png

OldHag

Necromancer
Well this is a pain in the arse....grr
I just clicked a link in the 'songs corner' via the english beta lounge on Discord and I now can't log on, apparently I've been blocked from accessing Discord.

Sorry, you have been blocked​

You are unable to access discord.com​

What do I do now?

Sir Derf

Adept
I just got this message when I went to open a tab to Discord, which I have been accessing without problems for weeks (even predating Discvenar)...

Please enable cookies.

Sorry, you have been blocked​

You are unable to access discord.com​

Why have I been blocked?​

This website is using a security service to protect itself from online attacks. The action you just performed triggered the security solution. There are several actions that could trigger this block including submitting a certain word or phrase, a SQL command or malformed data.

What can I do to resolve this?​

You can email the site owner to let them know you were blocked. Please include what you were doing when this page came up and the Cloudflare Ray ID found at the bottom of this page.

Don't have the time right now to investigate...

OldHag

Necromancer
I cleared my cache and cookies, it let me get to the login, but now discord isn't loading messages and if I refresh I get blocked again.
What is this jiggery pokery going on.

C-Nymph

Necromancer
It was a CloudFlare issue blocking random people from accessing the pc-app due to increased traffic. The Browser (web) version and mobile app still worked fine. I was also blocked from accessing the pc app but can now get in again. Just a bit of patience needed.
1695994136498.png

OldHag

Necromancer
Any news/gossip on how it's going in Discordworld?
(For those of us scared to enter a brave new world)
I've been logging on everyday and to honest, there are as many lurkers there as there are here. The chat channels are not really very chatty.
I don't think anyone's missing much other then future game announcements, so if you can have one fs member on there who is able to copy/paste any game info out to their fs you should be fine.
The number of chat channels (34 in total) can be a little overwhelming when you first join, but you can shrink the number of those that you want to watch or take part in, via a link in there Channels&Roles, there's a browse channels tab where you can uncheck the chats you're not interested in, for example the US channels. I've hidden the majority of channels, so it's not too confusing.
Since the announcement of the switch over to Discord, I think the forums are a bit livelier then Discord. ;)
Maybe @InnoGames should have put more effort into making sure everyone who plays their games can get on the forums with ease.

Hekata

Artisan
I stopped lurking at Discord, once some kind members started posting the announcements here also, I just cannot get my head around the place.
As much as I try I just can't get myself to like that space, it's such a chaotic mess.

Plus I see no big difference with the forum in terms of activity, especially if you consider that they have joined all English speaking people under the same roof over there.
We've been told that Discord was created because there was little engagement on the forums but I don't get what kind of engagement they are hoping for with a game like Elvenar.

1. The game is rather simple and userfriendly at it's core especially for the first few chapters.
2. Most players are grouped into FS so if someone doesn't understand something they will ask their FS first
3. If they are not in a FS or their teammates don't have the answer they will look for it on the forum (or the FB group)
4. There are also some very good fan made pages that offer a lot of info, insight and advice.
5..Most people will come to "speak" in the forum (FB group) only if haven't found what they were looking for in the precious options.

The core of the forum is always going to be the 1% of player who just like to give feedback and suggestions and/or are chatty by nature and want to share their thoughts on the game with other enthusiasts.

It will be the same for discord. Might be a different 1% of people, because they prefer that way of communicating, but I really don't see how it can improve the numbers (again taking into account that they have merged En/US and Beta there).

Honeybubbles

Adventurer
As much as I try I just can't get myself to like that space, it's such a chaotic mess.

Plus I see no big difference with the forum in terms of activity, especially if you consider that they have joined all English speaking people under the same roof over there.
We've been told that Discord was created because there was little engagement on the forums but I don't get what kind of engagement they are hoping for with a game like Elvenar.

1. The game is rather simple and userfriendly at it's core especially for the first few chapters.
2. Most players are grouped into FS so if someone doesn't understand something they will ask their FS first
3. If they are not in a FS or their teammates don't have the answer they will look for it on the forum (or the FB group)
4. There are also some very good fan made pages that offer a lot of info, insight and advice.
5..Most people will come to "speak" in the forum (FB group) only if haven't found what they were looking for in the precious options.

The core of the forum is always going to be the 1% of player who just like to give feedback and suggestions and/or are chatty by nature and want to share their thoughts on the game with other enthusiasts.

It will be the same for discord. Might be a different 1% of people, because they prefer that way of communicating, but I really don't see how it can improve the numbers (again taking into account that they have merged En/US and Beta there).
YES! YES! YES! :):):)