• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Official Discord server arrives September 11th 2023!

Silmaril

Community Manager
Elvenar Team
Hey guys, currently there are no changes to the Forum, the team and myself are still here and on Discord too :)

m4rt1n

Adept
Hey guys, Just to confirm, we have no plans to remove any information from here, we have though opened up a Did you Know section on Discord to move across files there too.
Our plan is not to make things difficult, but more that we would like our players to engage more and requests have been snowballing us for years for an official Discord channel.

I am a little confused, I know Inno is present on Facebook, Twitter X, and Instagram already with the forum continuing so now Discord is also added will the forum continue as Discord is just another form of social media and there anyone can make an account whether they play Elvenar or not yet the forum requires you to link your game account to post for player safety, has that now changed.

Silmaril

Community Manager
Elvenar Team
As per the announcement @m4rt1n there is no plan to delete or stop using these for the coming months at least.
We are currently covering all our usual social media channels, as well as adding Discord to them. We have no plans to change our social media strategy of engagement as this is where most of our players have been begging us to be; Discord is just another step in this as our players preferred modern platform.
With regards to long term plans for the Forum, we are open to investigating how to keep forums open. This will depend on many factors, not least activity and as always we are more than happy to look at your feedback as we actively monitor this space.
We are also currently recruiting additional moderators, to handle the increased workload, this is for Support and the Forum/Discord.
Does that help?

m4rt1n

Adept
As per the announcement @m4rt1n there is no plan to delete or stop using these for the coming months at least.
We are currently covering all our usual social media channels, as well as adding Discord to them. We have no plans to change our social media strategy of engagement as this is where most of our players have been begging us to be; Discord is just another step in this as our players preferred modern platform.
With regards to long term plans for the Forum, we are open to investigating how to keep forums open. This will depend on many factors, not least activity and as always we are more than happy to look at your feedback as we actively monitor this space.
We are also currently recruiting additional moderators, to handle the increased workload, this is for Support and the Forum/Discord.
Does that help?

Yes thank you. :)

C-Nymph

Necromancer
Hey guys, currently there are no changes to the Forum, the team and myself are still here and on Discord too :)
With emphasis to the word “currently” ;)

This at least gives a spark of hope :)

Hekata

Artisan
we are open to investigating how to keep forums open. This will depend on many factors, not least activity and as always we are more than happy to look at your feedback as we actively monitor this space.
In this case, I'd like ask all the players who are regularly lurking on the forum but not participating in the conversations to please try to post at least a short message now and then to help keep the forum running :)
I know that players occasionally say they don't feel the need to write because they usually find the info they want already here or someone else has already asked their question, but as you see your occasional participation might make a difference whether this forum survives or not :)

Alcaro

Necromancer
I don't think I'm going to use Discord even though I have an account there. I just don't like to involve much in media madness. I have FB, Twitter, Instagram accounts, but I use them solely when some info is available only there.
At least, the Forums should be kept available for the tons of information we have gathered here over the years.

McBratty

Enchanter
Another lurker here. Im gutted to read about the possible closing of the forums as they try to replace it with Discord. I tried discord a couple of times a few years back and it completely did my head in! Now reading here from our lovely Laurelin about all the other nefarious stuff that goes on in the background, I most certainly wont be going back to Discord.If the intention is to cater to the Millenials then Im not sure thats feasible. Ive shown this game to my grandkids and my own sons. While they are impressed with the amazing graphics, the style of play isnt for them. Its us old farts that keep this game going.
Remember how we kick up a stink every time you try to implement anything new? The stink about Discord will be worse once more realize its going to replace the Forums! I for one am holding up my placard and saying, " No I Aint Going!!"

I am another of those lurkers, although I am on the Forum almost daily looking through information. But generally feel I have little to add to things, so do not comment often.
I will not be joining Discord, as I do not like the threads and how that works there, which means I will also be missing the official stuff from Elvenar. Its a pity that it cannot be replicated here as well as there, as surely that would be the answer to helping more players with the game?
Idk if I am missing something in this, as seems an odd thing to do.