• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Discussion News from Beta (may contain spoilers!)

DeletedUser8409

I don't have a problem with level 1 WS or manusets.

I have a problem with the effort to reward ratio for the FA. Considering the effort put into the FA prizes like the Magnificent Triumphal Column are just pathetic, compare them to easily attainable Dr Freakenspleen building and it is absurd.

Hekata

Artisan
Lol, randblade, that is not the prize for 95% of fellowships who are just happy to finish it and get the actual FA rewards. Last time it was artifacts and I think they are decent rewards. I'd prefer to see the Phoenix ones again than the ones we got last time but those are still good prizes for a lot of players who didn't evolve their buildings. You can't judge everything by your high standards. Maybe you are lucky enough to be in one of those FS that can also compete for those trophy prizes but that's not the case for most players. Some of us play the FA just for the team spirit and fun :)

Deleted User - 1759805

Lol, randblade, that is not the prize for 95% of fellowships who are just happy to finish it and get the actual FA rewards.
For the FS that don't finish 1-20 (i.e. with an extra prize building) the reward ratio is even worse. There is no doubt about it, for the effort required FA rewards are pretty terrible.

DeletedUser1829

2. When the Spire of Eternity was introduced, we were told it might become a multi-player event. There has been no mention of this since. One wonders if that is about to be released

I seriously doubt that. Marindor did come back on this one sometime ago and I got the feeling from his response that the multiplayer was almost a wish list thing but not even on the immediate drawing board. Granted that was my interpretation which could be wrong. It still definitely sounded like such a feature would be months away at best

Edit: Found it https://beta.forum.elvenar.com/index.php?threads/spire-of-eternity.12990/page-37#post-76456

@Mykan Thank you for your extensive post. In response to your question: A multiplayer aspect is something we're still considering, but if it gets implemented, it will take some time and I can already share with you that it won't be implemented before the Live release. Realistically, I think you'd need to see it more as a possibility for over X months.

Last edited by a moderator:

valle

Soothsayer
I honestly don't understand why people have a problem with building extra lv1 WS and T1. It takes like 10-20 minutes to build them and even less to sell them. Unlike the huge chapter level WS and T1 who require weeks to be built and teleport spells to be removed and that requires to play in the spire and that is both a gamble and a great way to waste your resources.

With events and FA beeing fairly common occurences I prefer to be able to do them without having to rearrange my city every time. Ideally events and FAs should be doable with a 'normal' city.

And let's not forget that one of the badges is 24 hours WS. Who is willing to let their regular WS do 24 hours productions for 5 days?

With all the supply instants thrown at us all the time I don't see it as a big problem. Also as it's a team effort, players with supply problem could concentrate on shorter runs and those that have no supply problems could do the longer.

DeletedUser8409

Lol, randblade, that is not the prize for 95% of fellowships who are just happy to finish it and get the actual FA rewards. Last time it was artifacts and I think they are decent rewards. I'd prefer to see the Phoenix ones again than the ones we got last time but those are still good prizes for a lot of players who didn't evolve their buildings. You can't judge everything by your high standards. Maybe you are lucky enough to be in one of those FS that can also compete for those trophy prizes but that's not the case for most players. Some of us play the FA just for the team spirit and fun :)
That's fair enough but given the effort demanded to achieve it I do think those prizes should be improved.

Heymrdiedier

Enchanter
I honestly don't understand why people have a problem with building extra lv1 WS and T1. It takes like 10-20 minutes to build them and even less to sell them. Unlike the huge chapter level WS and T1 who require weeks to be built and teleport spells to be removed and that requires to play in the spire and that is both a gamble and a great way to waste your resources.
And let's not forget that one of the badges is 24 hours WS. Who is willing to let their regular WS do 24 hours productions for 5 days?
And since those of us who don't like the new event system have been told:" Don't play it if we don't like it" I can only say the same. If you don't like FA it don't play it
why i dont like it. FSA is supposed to be a competition. having the lvl 1 ws requirement means the competition isnt about skill/planning at all. ITs about who's willing to destroy most of his city to build extra lvl1's. Who's willing to turn his efficient city into something unefficient for a week, and then rebuild it.
So i applaud any change that prevents us in destroying our city for something very temporary (i can live with destroying for guest race production since that stays a lot longer)

DeletedUser3571

if you do it with current it would still be the same except whos going to put the effort and space into building a lot of current chapter ws and tier 1

Timneh

Artisan
It's a bit of a pointless discussion at the moment as we do not know if the FAs are getting changed, or have i missed an announcement somewhere ?

Heymrdiedier

Enchanter
It's a bit of a pointless discussion at the moment as we do not know if the FAs are getting changed, or have i missed an announcement somewhere ?
your totally right, theres one planned on the 18th of november tho, i doubt it will have changed, think its too soon. But we will see ...

Hekata

Artisan
why i dont like it. FSA is supposed to be a competition. having the lvl 1 ws requirement means the competition isnt about skill/planning at all. ITs about who's willing to destroy most of his city to build extra lvl1's. Who's willing to turn his efficient city into something unefficient for a week, and then rebuild it.
So i applaud any change that prevents us in destroying our city for something very temporary (i can live with destroying for guest race production since that stays a lot longer

Building LV1 is also about panning and skills. I have always managed to fit in quite a number of of those without destroying anything in my city except maybe a few minor culture buildings. For me that's part of the skill and challenge, how to do it with minimal damage. Also it's a team effort so sometimes one player will have more space and do more, sometimes another one. In my fellowship no one was ever forced to destroy anything and if someone did it it was because it was their decision and they didn't see it as much of a problem but rather a way to contribute and have fun with the team.
And I see thing differently than you; if I decide to destroy my city I'd rather do it for only 5 days so it's very temporary and I can rebuild it right away, than do it for a guest race that stays there for weeks or months so I have to suffer the alterations for a very long period.
To each his own I guess but since the events were already changed to fit the wishes of those who have a problem with LV1, how about we keep something for those of us who like it?

Jackluyt

Shaman
Private Messages are on Mobile at last (technical test) - only in Beta for now.

Dear Humans and Elves,
Today we can proudly announce that a feature you have all been waiting for is now available for technical testing: Private Messages on our mobile app!
Once you updated to app version 1.91, you can now compose, receive and respond to private messages while on the go!
Since this is a very complex feature, we would like to invite you to test private messages on your mobile devices. Try out all of the current possibilities, from creating private messages with another player, to creating and receiving group- or Fellowship messages, to sending different kinds of content (e.g. special characters). Try whatever you can think of in order to trick our systems and report if everything is working as you expect it to. Please note, however, that if you report a player's message, you are automatically adding this player to your personal ignore list, so use this function with caution.
We're very much looking forward to your feedback (both technical and functional) on private messages. As always, please let us know what you think by posting in the discussion thread, and reports any bugs you find in the Report a Bug section of the forums.

Kind regards,
Your Elvenar Team

73323531_10215128117416936_5047959420441460736_n.jpg