• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Discussion News from Beta (may contain spoilers!)

Hekata

Artisan
True, but we haven't yet been given access to more than about two extra artefacts of each type.

That is true. We have now 4 evolving buildings (actually 8 if you count all 3 phoenixes and bears) and probably more to come and at the rate we are getting artifatcs it will take forever to get enough of the same type to evolve one of them high enough to make them worthwhile. I'm still waiting on more phoenix ones.

DeletedUser8632

That is true. We have now 4 evolving buildings (actually 8 if you count all 3 phoenixes and bears) and probably more to come and at the rate we are getting artifatcs it will take forever to get enough of the same type to evolve one of them high enough to make them worthwhile. I'm still waiting on more phoenix ones.

Yep. At one point Inno has to think about what they want to achieve with having evolving buildings in the crafting tab. Its a bit pointless keeping them there if it takes 3 years of FAs to level them to 10.

Pauly7

Magus
Yep. At one point Inno has to think about what they want to achieve with having evolving buildings in the crafting tab. Its a bit pointless keeping them there if it takes 3 years of FAs to level them to 10.
Surely they are going to think soon that they are done with the evolving building idea. I like the concept, but I think that they've reached saturation point.

When they started the set building idea how many events did that last before they retired them? We must be close to the same amount here I think.

Jackluyt

Shaman
Tournament Bug - confirmed!
From Dony in the Beta Forum, about the Bug - all enemy units from Mercenary Camp and Training Grounds (not Barracks) are buffed by your special buildings - including Ancient Wonders!
https://beta.forum.elvenar.com/inde...g-more-damage-then-intended.14012/#post-79818

"I have made many tests now and every single unit which is same on both sides is affected by this bug, every buff our units receive same enemy units receive as well, so basically all units from mercenary camp and training grounds are affected. disconnecting ancient wonders/fire phoenix which buff them can help reduce damage taken
"So every tournament or province which has same units as we can train is affected.

(Unless it gets fixed before Tuesday)
"... next tourney has sinister cerberus, so if you go with either heavy ranged ranged or heavy melee against it, you keep that wonders for your buff, but disconnect victory springs which will buff dogs and don't use fire phoenix which will buff both

So you can 'fix' it by disconnecting your special buildings!

I am sure they will fix this by Tuesday though - too many people are affected!

72730747_10215046386373711_2841146507258757120_n.jpg

DeletedUser8409

Interesting if it is all our trainable units that are overpowered and not just the new ones. Interesting that we've never noticed before now.

DeletedUser8632

What I would love to know is: Does this only affect damage or do for example the Martial Monastery and the Unleashed Unit upgrade also spill over to enemy troops now. Anybody?

Jackluyt

Shaman
A Manufacturing Challenge just started - so we may also be getting one in the Live Worlds after the Halloween event.
We were all expecting a Fellowship Adventures - so this raises some interesting questions!
1. Are Fellowship Adventures on hold, while they adapt the Waypoints and Adventure Items to the new-style manufactories and workshops?
2. When the Spire of Eternity was introduced, we were told it might become a multi-player event. There has been no mention of this since. One wonders if that is about to be released in place of FA, or rotating with it.
We will see!

73497839_10215078845305164_8212333604345217024_n.jpg

Killiak

Artisan
That's a lot of speculation Jack.

Regardless, it seems the constant stream of events and assorted 'happenings' is not going to let up, despite continued feedback on the issue.
There's also a rather obvious lack of information on the big "Unit Buff Bug 2019" by Inno / the CM.

Personally, going to have to find a way to make these things feel less like a chore/job.

DeletedUser441

I wish I'd visited the Forum before now :(. I've used a Dwarven Armourer and 2 UUUs plus I've fed my Fire Phoenix in readiness for the Tournament. We should have had a message in game about this issue. I've asked support if they will reimburse us for the buildings that we've used if the bug isn't fixed in time for us to do all 6 rounds. Here's hoping they fix it in time as I doubt we'll be compensated for their error. :( :mad: :rolleyes:

DeletedUser5093

A Manufacturing Challenge just started - so we may also be getting one in the Live Worlds after the Halloween event.
We were all expecting a Fellowship Adventures - so this raises some interesting questions!
1. Are Fellowship Adventures on hold, while they adapt the Waypoints and Adventure Items to the new-style manufactories and workshops?
2. When the Spire of Eternity was introduced, we were told it might become a multi-player event. There has been no mention of this since. One wonders if that is about to be released in place of FA, or rotating with it.
We will see!
I think it's just a case of Inno having to find something to fill up November. Because heaven forbid we can't possibly go longer than 5 days without an event. :rolleyes: The next big event will be Winter, in December, which only leaves space for two smallish events in November. I was expecting us to get an FA today in beta, then a challenge in mid/late November. With a challenge starting today I expect we're just getting the reverse instead.

DeletedUser8409

We will see!
If this fills the gap in the events calendar in November instead of an FA which I'd predicted then we're having quite a quiet time between Autumn and Winter events. These challenges are pretty meaningless and can be ignored or completed easily.

Timneh

Artisan
Are Fellowship Adventures on hold, while they adapt the Waypoints and Adventure Items to the new-style manufactories and workshops?

Is that really doable ? When some badges require productions from all three T1 manufactories, not many people are going to sacrifice space to build non boosted manufactories. Even if they teleport them into the inventory between FAs they would need to make sure they had the space and resources available to put them back in for the next FA. Human lvl 24 marble manufactory needs just over 8500 population iirc, that's a lot of population to have just sitting there waiting for FAs. I have not looked at the amounts needed for steel and planks. In my opinion if they want to make players use high lvl buildings for FAs as well as events they will have to redesign the whole FA.

valle

Soothsayer
Is that really doable ? When some badges require productions from all three T1 manufactories, not many people are going to sacrifice space to build non boosted manufactories. Even if they teleport them into the inventory between FAs they would need to make sure they had the space and resources available to put them back in for the next FA. Human lvl 24 marble manufactory needs just over 8500 population iirc, that's a lot of population to have just sitting there waiting for FAs. I have not looked at the amounts needed for steel and planks. In my opinion if they want to make players use high lvl buildings for FAs as well as events they will have to redesign the whole FA.

Of course it's doable.
It can't be that much work to change the requirements for a badge from

Do X of each tier 1

to

Do Y of your boosted tier 1 from a manufactory of level Z or above.

Alcaro

Necromancer
I hope that the FA will be redesigned to use what WS we have, no idea about T1 sets. I am sick and tired to fill my city with tiny WS and T1 sets, to start/collect gazillion 5 min. production. I am not going to do it again. Period. I already hate this FA that words can't describe it. Petty rewards for a tremendous work. No no ... not again, not in my case.

EDIT: I've read above about teleporting stuff to make place for those minions. LOL. I barely get T spells (lately none, zero, nada) and if I do, I will use them to make place for the ch.15 settlement, in any circumstance I will not do it for FA.

DeletedUser8409

The FA sucks.

I freed up enough space for over 200 workshops last time and what do you get for it? F**k all. This Halloween Event gives a better prize than the FA. Never again.

Hekata

Artisan
I honestly don't understand why people have a problem with building extra lv1 WS and T1. It takes like 10-20 minutes to build them and even less to sell them. Unlike the huge chapter level WS and T1 who require weeks to be built and teleport spells to be removed and that requires to play in the spire and that is both a gamble and a great way to waste your resources.
And let's not forget that one of the badges is 24 hours WS. Who is willing to let their regular WS do 24 hours productions for 5 days?
And since those of us who don't like the new event system have been told:" Don't play it if we don't like it" I can only say the same. If you don't like FA it don't play it