• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Discussion News from Beta (may contain spoilers!)

Sir Derf

Adept
I teed up all of mine with 2 day productions and cast MMs on them all. That got me one badge and about 20% into the second. For a team to average much more than 1 badge a day each will be tough... and that's if everyone is on it.
1 badge per day per player, I assume. It almost sounded like there is a FA-wide pool of collective T1 production towards Bracelets. Also, while this statement is useful in the abstract, it fairly useless without stating what Chapter you are, and especially what quantity of "all of mine" we're dealing with.

Additional question: Sentient Goods. In past events, T4 3h and 9h productions would count as T1 3h and 9h for appropriate quests. While we have no badges for 3h and 9h productions in this form of FA, while I assume that T1 3h and 9h production would count towards Bracelet, does T4 3h and 9h?

Pauly7

Master of the Elements
I/We would be ever do grateful if we could crowdsource the Bracelet "Good Amount: values for each Chapter. I suspected that it could be a bottleneck for overall progress.
We're working on it. There will be a list soon. I have about half the values so far.

Sir Derf

Adept
Hey Mods. We got some good turnaround on that Chest 3 Artifact issue. How's about some feedback on the Combining Catalyst Witch's Hat?

Sir Derf

Adept
*Checking my notes*

Other observations:
  1. Farmer changed from 5x9h to 10x9h, making them *checks my abacus* twice as difficult to make.
  2. Statue changed from triplet 48h production to 2x48h production, making them *checks my slide rule* 50% easier to make, in up to 50-62.5% less space (Elf triplet took 10 squares for each, Human triplet took 12.5 squares for each, now both can be done in 7.5 or 5 squares)
  3. Powerhouse Manu prebuilds can work towards both Bracelets and Necklaces/Statues. After that, you're more efficient using Powerhouse Manus at 3h (with the occasional 9h) and focusing Shantytown (tm) production on Necklaces and Statues.
  4. Some Chapters might have advantages over others in producing Bracelets, given varying Manu production amounts. Without knowing the "Good Amount" numbers, we can't be sure.
  5. Relic Boost, Aureate Phoenix, Mountain Halls and Magical Manufacturing Spells would seem to all be highly beneficial.

C-Nymph

Necromancer
That is insane demands for bracelets. Do I even dare to ask how many needs to be made to get to the flags?
Stage 1: 14, Stage 2: 40, Stage 3: 105.
I can confirm the amounts for stage 1 to be correct, amounts for stage 2 and 3 are from Dony's spreadsheet which he based on datamining.

So total needed bracelets: 159. If all 25 fellows are able to make 1 per day, you'll need 6,36 days to complete them all. So it's going to be a close call. If you don't have 25 fellows, you're pretty much screwed.

Sir Derf

Adept
@Timneh it appears to be any two.

@C-Nymph That's the amounts for total board clearance. I haven't done a full path analysis on the maps looking at all the crossovers, but looking at just the Orange path on all 3 maps requires 6 + 13 + 35 = 54 Bracelets to get all three Chests. There might be a more efficient path with regards to Bracelets using the crossovers.

And keep in mind, all Badges are used in the pit. I have a feeling Bracelets under the current scheme are going to be the limiting factor for overall progress.

C-Nymph

Necromancer
@C-Nymph That's the amounts for total board clearance.
I know that and I would also not advise filling all paths/waypoints, but should it not at least be technically possible to do all paths AND get to the pit? Or is it their intention that no one actually manages to completely fill all waypoints?

Sir Derf

Adept
1) Who knows what's in their mind?
2) Why should that be their desire?
3) Even if that were possible, why should that be a Fellowship's goal?

I think it would be much more elegant if brute force was an efficiency trap.

Without a stronger read on Bracelet's "Good Amount" value, it's hard to judge, but some quick musings...

A round of Pit now consists of 6 Waypoints, for a total of 300 points. Which includes 5 Bracelets.

Orange-Orange-Orange gives 9,000 points and requires 54 Bracelets.
Full Map coverage gives 25,800 points and requires 159 Bracelets.
So, bonus Waypoints give 16,800 points and require 105 Bracelets.

16,800 points is equivalent to 56 rounds of the pit, and so would require 280 Bracelets.

From a Bracelet perspective, it would appear that total Map coverage is more desirable than heading into the pit faster. I wonder if individual segment or Waypoint analysis would make a difference. And factor in the other badges...

I think I'm going to be disappointed...

Sir Derf

Adept
Just a good motivation to do one path per map, for the basic rewards, and be done with it.
I think you misread my hesitant analysis. 16,800 points is the points of either the spare Waypoints or 56 rounds of the pit. The spare Waypoints need 105 Bracelets, while 56 rounds of the pit need 280. That would make the Waypoints better than twice as effective at gaining points than the Pit.

Let's look at the rest then...

I earlier arbitrarily choose Orange-Orange-Orange as my routes, so let's look at 48 spare Blue & Green Waypoints, 16,800 points.

BadgeCountPit needsPit rounds
Brewer79515
Carpenter103520
Farmer122524
Blacksmith288556
Bracelet105520
Necklace122524
Statue156531
Hat106521
Staff120560
Tiara78515
Bottle79515
Marbles87517
Residue87517
Wonder173534
Guard103520
Sack87517

Interesting.

With my original arbitrary choice of Orange-Orange-Orange, this made the Blacksmiths and Staffs (1 Combining Catalyst) nearly double the Pit Equivalent than the others. This suggests that you might want to avoid some of the "bonus" Waypoints with Blacksmiths and Staffs in favor of Pit rounds. For example, M3G7 wants 32 Blacksmiths and 17 Staffs, to get M3G7+M3G8 600 points, while 17 Staffs can allow 3 Pit rounds for 900 points, while 32 Blacksmiths can allow for 6 Pit rounds for 1800 points.

I'm still working on my version of a deep analysis.

Gargon667

Mentor
I know how you feel about it, since I'm in your fellowship! :p I like to have it all though, progress my city and contribute to team events, they're not mutually exclusive. :)
Looks like FAs are moving that way now with the new badges. Tourneys moved the opposite direction and are exactly opposing city progress. Things are changing a lot lately, so who knows what´s next ...

DeletedUser8406

Why has nobody mentioned that the winning fellowship will be determined by the arcane residue badge. 15 vision vaper for each badge and if luck is on your side then your 4 natural refreshes will allow you 2 badges by using time instants. Yes it's 8 per day in a perfect world or 200 total for the fellowship. Of course if your fellowship is willing to spend 50 diamonds to refresh the offers then the badge is easily achievable in quantity. So my conclusion is the winning fellowship will be that willing to spend real cash for the title, a massive backwards step for FA and this will probably be my last FA and last time playing as it's taken what is the heart of the game for me if this comes true. The bracelet I don't see as a problem I can easily create more than needed with planning it's only the vision vaper I can't account for in numbers.

Last edited by a moderator:

Pauly7

Master of the Elements
Why has nobody mentioned that the winning fellowship will be determined by the arcane residue badge. 15 vision vaper for each badge and if luck is on your side then your 4 natural refreshes will allow you 2 badges by using time instants. Yes it's 8 per day in a perfect world or 200 total for the fellowship
8 per day... each... is 200 total per day. That's 1,400 badges. I doubt anyone will get close to that many, but how many bracelet badges do you think teams will be able to produce?

DeletedUser8406

8 per day... each... is 200 total per day. That's 1,400 badges. I doubt anyone will get close to that many, but how many bracelet badges do you think teams will be able to produce?
I have targeted myself for 6 per day bracelet badges and that's without time instants but they are there if I need them but I am pretty sure whichever fellowship is willing to spend diamonds to refresh their crafting offers will win the FA, sneaky design and don't forget the 200 will be best case scenario I don't see that as a realistic RL capability on natural refresh more like 150 if every player is on it and has the catalysts pre prepared.

Pauly7

Master of the Elements
I have targeted myself for 6 per day bracelet badges and that's without time instants but they are there if I need them but I am pretty sure whichever fellowship is willing to spend diamonds to refresh their crafting offers will win the FA, sneaky design and don't forget the 200 will be best case scenario I don't see that as a realistic RL capability on natural refresh more like 150 if every player is on it and has the catalysts pre prepared.
6 per day? You must have a huge number of T1 manufactories. For the start of the FA I had my 5 main T1 manus all lined up with 2 day productions and put MM spells on all of them. That got me one bracelet badge and then just dug slightly into the second one. It took me the rest of the day to pick up badge number two. For the rest of the adventure I won't be picking up any more 2 day productions of course.

I do produce less T1 than the average, I think. In my Beta city I'm only at the point where my Mountain Halls is level 2 and only two of my T1 manus are chapter level. I also don't have the help of an Aureate or Storm Phoenix, which would help massively. Still, I don't think that kind of set up is unusual. At more advanced chapters people often have even less T1 manufactories.

Getting an entire fellowship to average two bracelet badges a day each would be good going, in my opinion.