• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Discussion News from Beta (may contain spoilers!)

Timneh

Artisan
It always amazes me that people can have things so backwards. You're building, upgrading and maintaining a city. Tournaments and Spire etc. are mini-games to help you reach that goal. The way some people act like tournaments and spire are the main game boggles my mind. People will actually stop progressing their city because it will hurt their performance in some mini-games that are only meant to support your city progress!?

For a lot of players that are at endgame the spire and tournaments are the game until a new chapter comes along.

Heymrdiedier

Enchanter
For a lot of players that are at endgame the spire and tournaments are the game until a new chapter comes along.
so now you have to choose, do you make spire and tournament your whole game all the time (and skip the new chapters) or do you do the new chapters and skip the spire and tournament.
Right? at least that's how i see it.

C-Nymph

Necromancer
From beta, thanks to player Dony.
The new badges:
- Ghost in a bottle: Gain this mysterious Item by solving 4 encounters in the Spire of Eternity or in Tournaments
- Druid Staff: Gain this Magical Item by producing 1 Combining Catalyst in the Magic Academy
- Arcane Residue: Gain this Magical Item by collecting 15 Vision Vapor from Magic Academy Crafting
- Elemental Marbles: Gain this Magical Item by collecting 10 Relics
- Enchanted Tiara: Gain this Enchanted Item by using 3 enchantments
There will be 6 pit combinations instead of the previous 3 combinations we knew (brew + trea + baker, carp + farm + BS, and flac + brac + neck) and they will require 5 of each badge:
- brew + carp + farm
- brac + neck + BS
- statue + hat + druid
- wonders + guards
- coins + residue + marbles
- tiara + ghost
The needed amounts of each badge for each stage can be found on https://tinyurl.com/DonyElvenar on the tab called "FA6(f)".
Will update if I see things are different when it is released on beta tomorrow.

Heymrdiedier

Enchanter
From beta, thanks to player Dony.
The new badges:
- Ghost in a bottle: Gain this mysterious Item by solving 4 encounters in the Spire of Eternity or in Tournaments
- Druid Staff: Gain this Magical Item by producing 1 Combining Catalyst in the Magic Academy
- Arcane Residue: Gain this Magical Item by collecting 15 Vision Vapor from Magic Academy Crafting
- Elemental Marbles: Gain this Magical Item by collecting 10 Relics
- Enchanted Tiara: Gain this Enchanted Item by using 3 enchantments
There will be 6 pit combinations instead of the previous 3 combinations we knew (brew + trea + baker, carp + farm + BS, and flac + brac + neck) and they will require 5 of each badge:
- brew + carp + farm
- brac + neck + BS
- statue + hat + druid
- wonders + guards
- coins + residue + marbles
- tiara + ghost
The needed amounts of each badge for each stage can be found on https://tinyurl.com/DonyElvenar on the tab called "FA6(f)".
Will update if I see things are different when it is released on beta tomorrow.
more has changed btw, existing badges have some difference aswell with before (improvements imo)

Gargon667

Mentor
It always amazes me that people can have things so backwards. You're building, upgrading and maintaining a city. Tournaments and Spire etc. are mini-games to help you reach that goal. The way some people act like tournaments and spire are the main game boggles my mind. People will actually stop progressing their city because it will hurt their performance in some mini-games that are only meant to support your city progress!?

Call it backwards, but the mini games are the only things besides my FS keeping me in the game. A ranking screen and pretty graphics do rather little (euphemism) for me.
Our FS is based on team events, the aspect of the game we enjoy most, everything else is well everything else, the things you do while you have nothing better to do. So from your point of view I assume exactly backwards :D So yes I am playing team events, building my city is only there to make my city better at team events.

Paladestar

Enchanter
Call it backwards, but the mini games are the only things besides my FS keeping me in the game. A ranking screen and pretty graphics do rather little (euphemism) for me.
Our FS is based on team events, the aspect of the game we enjoy most, everything else is well everything else, the things you do while you have nothing better to do. So from your point of view I assume exactly backwards :D So yes I am playing team events, building my city is only there to make my city better at team events.

I know how you feel about it, since I'm in your fellowship! :p I like to have it all though, progress my city and contribute to team events, they're not mutually exclusive. :)

Jackluyt

Shaman
Here is the core information for the Fellowship Adventures that just started on Beta
Read more here: https://www.facebook.com/notes/elve...ta-monday-2nd-november-2020/2763619473900032/

The new Adventure Items:
The tooltip for Ghost in a Bottle says Encounters or Tournament encounters - they have left out the world 'Spire'
There are a number of errors in the tooltips, so bear with us while sorting them out!
:) .

123295112_10217949086819408_6248290573338224819_n.jpg

The Prizes

Stage 1

1 Ancient Knowledge Instant 15
Carting Library
10 x Booster 10 minutes

Stage 2
2 Ancient Knowledge Instant 20
Witch’s Hut Artifact
15 x Booster 30 minutes

Stage 3
Ferris Wheel Galore
Witch’s Hut Artifact (The picture shows a Moon Bear but that is incorrect)
25 x Booster 45 minutes

123442208_10217948768691455_885913362274823783_n.jpg

The Fellowship Rewards

The top fellowships get more and better boosters this time!
The rest are unchanged

123495933_10217948767451424_7733157384595245112_n.jpg

Last edited:

Pauly7

Magus
It's a moon bear artifact, players on beat are still waiting on an answer whether it's a mistake or intended.
If it's intended then it's a stupid idea... or just vindictive. A single extra Moon Bear artefact, with no conversion anyway? And we already had two bonus ones from the last FA.

Hekata

Artisan
If it's intended then it's a stupid idea... or just vindictive. A single extra Moon Bear artefact, with no conversion anyway? And we already had two bonus ones from the last FA.
Yeah, it doesn't make sense to me either, I'm just surprised no one from the Elvenar team has reacted to it yet; it's a new type of FA, they should be all hands on deck now and Dony is already on a bug spree, haha.

EDIT: Marindor just confirmed it will be changed for a Witch Hut artifatct :)

Pauly7

Magus
That one's sorted. The other big difficulty is bracelet badges. So difficult to produce. I have the feeling no one is going to clear all three maps without bringing out big numbers of big T1 manus from inventory.

C-Nymph

Necromancer
I'm only in the beginning of chapter 4 on beta, I have 7 maxed out planks manu's (lvl 10 is max for me atm), I just collected 7x 9hr productions and that only filled the bracelet bar for 26,5% so best case I might be able to produce 1 bracelet per day??! Insane...

Pauly7

Magus
I teed up all of mine with 2 day productions and cast MMs on them all. That got me one badge and about 20% into the second. For a team to average much more than 1 badge a day each will be tough... and that's if everyone is on it.

Sir Derf

Adept
A few of my observations...

1. The mix of Bracelet wanting bulk production while Necklace & Statue wanting particular runs regardless of amount shifts the gameplay from heavily favoring Manufactory Shantytowns (tm). Interesting that they didn't do a similar thing with Workshops, as all WS badges are particular runs and so WS Shantytowns (tm) can still be a focus.
  2. Changing Necklace and Statue from matched triplets to 3 and 2 of any T1 has removed the Elf advantage over Human, as you can now use Lvl1 Marble 2x2 for all.
  3. Got rid of those pesky 100 piece add ons.
  4. Combining Catalyst does double duty. Collect one and it counts for Witch Hat and Druid Staff.
  5. Does Crafting using a Combining Catalyst work toward an Enchanted Tiara? If so, it again does double duty, as you're also getting Vision Vapor towards Arcane Residue.
  6. I'm mildly annoyed by the grouping if the badges. Why aren't the Enchantment Badges, Crafting Badges and Military Badges grouped together?
  7. Is it better or worse that Ghost in a Bottle does not use regular Encounters?
A few of my questions...

1. I/We would be ever do grateful if we could crowdsource the Bracelet "Good Amount: values for each Chapter. I suspected that it could be a bottleneck for overall progress.
  2. Given the clarity of the Witch Hat explanation, could we get a little more clarity on Enchanted Tiara? With CC? With Pet Food? With Teleport?

But the most important question...

Did they correct the FA timer on the main page so it displays with the same granularity as all the other timers?

I think this will be interesting for a change. I think it balances regular and pit play a lot better.

However, I think this loses some of what I considered the flavor of an FA, making the FA more like other quests-based events. It's now not just a production challenge, what with solving Encounters and gaining Relics and Vision Vapor.

Also, given that the overhaul reused previous Badges with new definitions, it would seem that this is a permanent change. Which makes me really annoyed at the timing of my treatise on FA optimization.

BlueBlou

Illusionist
I'm only in the beginning of chapter 4 on beta, I have 7 maxed out planks manu's (lvl 10 is max for me atm), I just collected 7x 9hr productions and that only filled the bracelet bar for 26,5% so best case I might be able to produce 1 bracelet per day??! Insane...
That is insane demands for bracelets. Do I even dare to ask how many needs to be made to get to the flags?