• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Discussion News from Beta (may contain spoilers!)

Gargon667

Mentor
looks like 29 techs to complete c17 ?
thats 1.0045^29 = 13.9% increase in tourney and spire costs.

No this is only a part of it. Spire/tourney SS depends also on AW levels and expansions, so you have to run the full calculation not just a small part of it. Since the factors are multiplied it means the more AW levels and expansions you have the bigger the impact of the techs will be.

Timneh

Artisan
I'm kind of surprised that there has been no notice of the next event yet, i wonder if there are some problems with it. It started on Beta on Oct 1st so it is outside the normal 2 weeks behind.

Gargon667

Mentor
Maybe someone finally bought a calendar over there and noticed that their timing for a christmas event sucks lol. a 3 week event and a FA after would mean they are out of stuff to do mid november. Can´t start a christmas event then, they will have to invent another 3 week event (with a building set?) and skip the FA after that to put them somewhere on a useful schedule to start Christmas. But what event could you put in after harvest and Halloween and before Christmas?

Events have become a uninteresting side thing, no effort, no rewards, so who cares... they happen when they happen, then you do them or you don´t. Most likely you´ll finish either way and you´ll have forgotten about it 3 hours after it´s over. whatever...

Sir Derf

Adept
I've forgotten the name, but what about one of those individual-gain mini production events?

Or, they could give us a bonus-boost production day... Or have those gone the way of the dodo and the Wishing Well?

Gargon667

Mentor
Yes we are thinking alike. They could put on a Challenge, those are 3 day events. Or, they could put in a mini event, those run 6 to 10 days typically, and often support part of the story, like the Robert Redbeard events.

Both of those have been discontinued for quite a while now, I would suppose because neither of them generates revenue... So we are down to 3-week events and FAs now.

Sir Derf

Adept
If the alternative is to do nothing, which generates no revenue, then why not throw in an already pre-built non-revenue-generating time waster?

Hekata

Artisan
I've forgotten the name, but what about one of those individual-gain mini production events?

Or, they could give us a bonus-boost production day... Or have those gone the way of the dodo and the Wishing Well?
I used to enjoy doing all those activities, but now with constant events and FA I look forward to the breaks in between when there is nothing to do (which is strictly speaking never because of the tournament and Spire). I am probably in the minority here but I miss tremendously the days when we had just 4 big + 2 mini events and maybe 2 FA per year.

CrazyWizard

Shaman
I used to enjoy doing all those activities, but now with constant events and FA I look forward to the breaks in between when there is nothing to do (which is strictly speaking never because of the tournament and Spire). I am probably in the minority here but I miss tremendously the days when we had just 4 big + 2 mini events and maybe 2 FA per year.

you are surely not alone indeed.

Spire and tournament I do not mind.
I am happy we got a little less FA's now, and between Fa's and events there seem to be some time off which I like.

when talking about events I am happier then ~1-2year+? when it looked there was never an end at the tunnel with who knows how many FA's challenges and events. 2 days without was at that time already amazing. I even remember 2 FA's in a row :S

DeletedUser7526

No this is only a part of it. Spire/tourney SS depends also on AW levels and expansions, so you have to run the full calculation not just a small part of it. Since the factors are multiplied it means the more AW levels and expansions you have the bigger the impact of the techs will be.
If the rest of the factors are constant and s you just complete those mandatory techs, that said% would be your SS increase

Jackluyt

Shaman
A new Fellowship Adventures starts Monday in Beta Server! I heard that possibly they were holding it back until North American Daylight saving ends, so the European players would not be in a different game time zone, which makes sense.

Rumour has it there will be five new badges this time - apparently the designers are trying to tidy up the game, and so will adjust the FA requirements to fit the new developments in the game, including the new tournament system and having three training buildings, so everyone is making more troops. There has been no official announcement, just the rumour.
I will post as soon as we have something definite!

123368449_10217928627627941_4952997355176007236_n.jpg

Paladestar

Enchanter
It always amazes me that people can have things so backwards. You're building, upgrading and maintaining a city. Tournaments and Spire etc. are mini-games to help you reach that goal. The way some people act like tournaments and spire are the main game boggles my mind. People will actually stop progressing their city because it will hurt their performance in some mini-games that are only meant to support your city progress!?

Killiak

Artisan
People will actually stop progressing their city because it will hurt their performance in some mini-games that are only meant to support your city progress!?

The more you progress, the less effective you will be in the mini-games that are supposed to help you progress. Catch 22.