• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Moving a City

Silmaril

Community Manager
Elvenar Team
That is correct @BlueBlou and means that it is automatically checked for our app players until they let Support know they would prefer it not to be.
This has to be checked to enable ANY movement on the World Map, if it is not checked no movement can take place. However that does not mean that the spaces around you are not subject to change, as each space on the map is subject to this setting for movement in additional to the full removal of inactive accounts.

Lelanya

Mentor
I can confirm. The map used to be a series of linked pods, but when the game got too big, it was consolidated into its present form in September of 2016. I was in a distant pod, with 8 active neighbors, all friends or correspondents. I had move unchecked and got left behind. Everyone else got moved, into a new map area, all together, still spatially similar to each other. I gamed for 4 weeks with the silent and the dead, my visible traders were many parsecs away, but the weirdest part was tournament. At that time we tourneyed with our neighbors, so I had 'echoes' of former neighbors on my checkpoints.

Of course I changed to allow automatic movement, and landed in the wonderful Arendyll neighborhood I now occupy. If you out on the rim: keep a weather eye on your active neighbors and make sure you move when they do.

Giraffi

Enchanter
Thanks to all for all the various responses. I went back to look at what was left behind in the spot I was in. The majority, as in most of the active players, were moved. Only one or two active cities there now and they probably asked not to be moved. We were not moved as a block and the names I could trace were scattered across the map.

Gargon667

Mentor
better or worse is relative, but from what I gathered you should be moved closer to the center of the map?
Which supposedly means more active people. But it will really only be that way if they start removing the big, but inactive cities from there...

Gargon667

Mentor
I think I prefer 60 gold mines to 60 inactive cities. Same effect, they will never visit you back, but collecting coins from gold mines are just so much quicker.

I agree, the only problem with gold mines is they´ll never become active players, while getting 60 new level 1 towns results in 59 inactive neighbours and 1 active neighbour. I am still not sure what´s better though...

Pauly7

Magus
I agree, the only problem with gold mines is they´ll never become active players, while getting 60 new level 1 towns results in 59 inactive neighbours and 1 active neighbour. I am still not sure what´s better though...
Except the 60 goldmines then get replaced with 60 new towns soon enough... and then one of those might become active, as you say. I would be happy if every single inactive city on my map gets replaced with a goldmine. Out of 650 or so cities that probably means about 600 of them.

So if I got 600 new gold mines then I would then expect 600 embryo towns... and then perhaps 10 of them become active? That would be better than now.

DeletedUser

Except the 60 goldmines then get replaced with 60 new towns soon enough... and then one of those might become active, as you say. I would be happy if every single inactive city on my map gets replaced with a goldmine. Out of 650 or so cities that probably means about 600 of them.

So if I got 600 new gold mines then I would then expect 600 embryo towns... and then perhaps 10 of them become active? That would be better than now.
Crap positive thinking :p