• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Immortal?

Silmaril

Community Manager
Elvenar Team
Indeed a bit puzzling a statement. Maybe this little list of what would be missing if Community Management was removed:
No Forums, Discord, Official Facebook Group, Instagram, YouTube....
No translations and proofreading done (remember this is a game based in Germany).
No Support team, as our wonderful volunteers are recruited by the relevant Community Manager who then trains the team and assists with all aspects of support, not least tickets from players
No monthly community contests, to help bring Diamonds and goodies to players
No Newsletters or in-game news
No bug testing/game testing and all the background work needed to then remove issues in the game, before it gets to Beta
No feedback from players passed on
No idea's for game changes passed on
No Wiki, no Knowledge Base
No one with a foot in both doors, as Community Managers are first and foremost players, with the need of excellent game knowledge, game mechanics and game lore
No one handling Game Rule breaches and preventing player issues escalating
So then basically you would have a very buggy game, no way to get any help if you needed it, no resources unless some fans were making them, no information for upcoming changes, be that events, new versions....I think you get the idea!
Community Management is a very big part of our games, not least Elvenar and is far greater than the Community Manager, it is the whole of support.

But a little list of what sort of things are the daily role that you would notice as players, we do far more than this of course, but I think this is enough to give the gist of it and why you have to be in love with the game and the wonderful community that has come together in the name of Elvenar :)

So this may give an idea to answer the musings @Kazzandra it would be very quiet without us and our wonderful moderators.

OldHag

Necromancer
Another kind of inequality in the game. However, this one hurts the company. I won’t budge from my position. I’m even at the point they can take the forums away.

The solution is to get rid of the need for community managers and the enabling of the company.

It’s obvious that this can be replaced now. The technology is there.

I wonder what that elvenar would be like…
The only thing they need to get rid of is Discord.
Save the Moderators, oh and the forums :)

Kazzandra

Spellcaster
I don't follow your argument. What problem is solved by removing Community Managers? And who are 'the company' that become enabled? o_O
There are a dozen posting. If they get rid of the forum, another will take its place. Inno did this. The didn’t want the forum. They don’t want to listen. That’s why there was a mass exodus.

Same thing happened in other games.

It appears to be a pattern.
The only thing they need to get rid of is Discord.
Save the Moderators, oh and the forums :)
really? I’m curious. Why would you say that.

Almost made me get on discord to prove my point.

No sarcasm intended. I’m serious.

Kazzandra

Spellcaster
Indeed a bit puzzling a statement. Maybe this little list of what would be missing if Community Management was removed:
No Forums, Discord, Official Facebook Group, Instagram, YouTube....
No translations and proofreading done (remember this is a game based in Germany).
No Support team, as our wonderful volunteers are recruited by the relevant Community Manager who then trains the team and assists with all aspects of support, not least tickets from players
No monthly community contests, to help bring Diamonds and goodies to players
No Newsletters or in-game news
No bug testing/game testing and all the background work needed to then remove issues in the game, before it gets to Beta
No feedback from players passed on
No idea's for game changes passed on
No Wiki, no Knowledge Base
No one with a foot in both doors, as Community Managers are first and foremost players, with the need of excellent game knowledge, game mechanics and game lore
No one handling Game Rule breaches and preventing player issues escalating
So then basically you would have a very buggy game, no way to get any help if you needed it, no resources unless some fans were making them, no information for upcoming changes, be that events, new versions....I think you get the idea!
Community Management is a very big part of our games, not least Elvenar and is far greater than the Community Manager, it is the whole of support.

But a little list of what sort of things are the daily role that you would notice as players, we do far more than this of course, but I think this is enough to give the gist of it and why you have to be in love with the game and the wonderful community that has come together in the name of Elvenar :)

So this may give an idea to answer the musings @Kazzandra it would be very quiet without us and our wonderful moderators.
There it is. 4 people. 4 posters. That’s the resistance.

Peace be with you all!

Enjoy the game!

Enjoy the forum.

However, this aint it.

All we have to do is see a few archives. There was a different elvenar. This brief exchange about an alternative forum garnered 4 responders/posters.

Talking about brienne, no info on this forum ending, no comment on the bulk of the game spent in the forum, not actual gameplay.

We aren’t just talking about a forum.

I would venture to say the best part of elvenar were the forums, not the gameplay.

4 people.

It really is amazing.

Even though I am sorry I didn’t take the time and make the effort with the forums, I am so glad I got that experience.

But this is nothing, compared to what it used to be.

We can move on from this and thank you for your comments.

SkyRider99

Immortal
There are a dozen posting.
Yeah, I wish we had more active Forum members. I think a lot of the previous cohort just abandoned the Forum after Inno announced it was closing and moving it all to that abomination called Discord.

Strangely enough, although there's only about a dozen (?) members posting messages, we have hundreds of secret lurkers. Maybe if we keep the faith and stay active in the Forum some of these lurkers will feel emboldened to join us. I'm not seeing that happen any time soon though.

Thanks @Kazzandra for keeping with us and maintaining the outrage. :cool:

OldHag

Necromancer
Very sad that Old Hag has such ingrained prejudices. I have screenshots of you posting on Discord.
I tried Discord for 2/3ish weeks and decided I didn't like it, I prefer the forums. I haven't logged back on there since. I've also used Discord on previous games, mainly the type that needed fast communications, I don't think that's needed in Elvenar, it's not that sort of game.

p.s most of my posts on Discord were songs...it was the only channel worth bothering with. :)

Pauly7

Master of the Elements
I believe the Forum is our best resource, and the thousands of weekly views by ''guests'' (players who have yet to create a Forum account) really show how much this is utilised.
I think this is right, and even though it is being really under-used right now as a forum, the people that are still here are sort of custodians of the vast archive of information that is in this forum, compiled by the people that know the most about Elvenar. And that means it is a more valuable resource than Wiki or any information repository that the game devs put together.

In the spirit of this, I feel it is worth pointing out @Silmaril, that since I have been back I've noticed that aside from there being only a very small number of new threads, almost all of them get derailed and devolve into a similar back and forth regarding feelings of the general state of the game / the state of the forum / the dislike for Discord. I know this is a difficult job, and I know some have pushed back the other way, complaining of being "over-moderated", but the very thing that makes the forum a valuable resource won't be able to evolve any further if none of the thoughts going forward are organised into packets of information that people can search for.

SkyRider99

Immortal
I've noticed that aside from there being only a very small number of new threads, almost all of them get derailed and devolve into a similar back and forth regarding feelings of the general state of the game / the state of the forum / the dislike for Discord.
I would have to admit to doing my fair share of derailing. In my defence it is mostly (but not only) because I see there are few contributors and/or the original thread has been discussed to its end. Where possible I track to a positive or humorous direction, always hoping to elicit additional postings.

Certainly the information and tips/tricks are an important and valuable component of the Forum. I also find that the interchange of ideas, thoughts, and opinions help me to understand how I could view the game differently. Venting frustration and fury also works. :)

Pauly7

Master of the Elements
I would have to admit to doing my fair share of derailing. In my defence it is mostly (but not only) because I see there are few contributors and/or the original thread has been discussed to its end. Where possible I track to a positive or humorous direction, always hoping to elicit additional postings
There's nothing wrong with some light hearted posts and humour, even if it has nothing to do with it. We all do that. The problem is when the original conversation has long since packed its bags and left town, and the conversation has been replaced with a variation of the theme of many other threads. There should be a little bit of focus.

Kazzandra

Spellcaster
Yeah, I wish we had more active Forum members. I think a lot of the previous cohort just abandoned the Forum after Inno announced it was closing and moving it all to that abomination called Discord.

Strangely enough, although there's only about a dozen (?) members posting messages, we have hundreds of secret lurkers. Maybe if we keep the faith and stay active in the Forum some of these lurkers will feel emboldened to join us. I'm not seeing that happen any time soon though.

Thanks @Kazzandra for keeping with us and maintaining the outrage. :cool:
Discord IS the alternative forum.

You have posted too much to miss that fact.

Yet I appreciate you for posting! Truly

Kazzandra

Spellcaster
Geez.
I suspect that it will be possible to keep both, ya know. Very sad that Old Hag has such ingrained prejudices. I have screenshots of you posting on Discord.

I am not sure what Kazzandra was on about. Apparently it was a test and most of y'all failed. Perhaps I did too, when I mentioned my Forum role model. Geesh.
Screenshots?

I thought I was the only one.

Now, I am in good company!