• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Answered Have forum competitions ended?

m4rt1n

Adept
I see the competition went well on Discord without any controversy, nice to see forum friends gaining the prizes. ;)

Seriously a public vote using likes that starts from the first to enter, not the count of likes from the last entry time, looked to me more like a complete farce reading through. I really miss the great well thought out Forum Competitions. :(

May as well be "Guess how many marbles in the jar" and closest guess wins, no thought required. o_O

Last edited:

C-Nymph

Necromancer
That's exactly what I gave as feedback as well. It just seemed less fair the way it was set up. Still won 300 diamonds though, so I'm not complaining too much ;) It's just that this was the first one on Discord, so it'll be a learning curve to try and find a good, fair approach to any new contest. I gave some suggestions as well, we'll see how/what they do next time! Probably a vote-type of contest should just not be held.
Still think it's wrong to have contests only available behind a 3rd-party-login-wall.

m4rt1n

Adept
There’s a new competition on Discord in case anyone missed it but would like to compete: click here.

Thanks, basically a copy of the first US comp, shows the very limited scope there. Stuck in 5 random on my only ever post there. I do similar on other Inno media like Insta, FB for comps but won't discuss anything there.

m4rt1n

Adept
Talking about competitions I entered the latest on Discord, no feedback thread to my knowledge and it closed when it ended about 3 days ago and is just sitting there, no answers or winners announced yet, @Herodite.

I would much rather have the competitions here, I miss the complexity that can be involved on the forum, Discord has everyones answers on display so just "Spot the Ball" type there I think from now on.

Herodite

Forum mod extraordinaire
Elvenar Team
Hi Guys! Im so sorry about this. We had a slight issue with contacting some entrants to confirm that they do indeed play on the International Server, and awaiting their replies has resulted in the delays. As you may have noticed, not everyone has chosen their Player Name for their Discord Name so we've had to do a bit of digging.

Things have been put in place for next time though to ensure this doesn't happen for future Competitions and the Winners will definitely be announced tomorrow! :)

Kind Regards (and sorry about the delay once again)

Herodite.

kimkimkim

Summoner
Hi Guys! Im so sorry about this. We had a slight issue with contacting some entrants to confirm that they do indeed play on the International Server, and awaiting their replies has resulted in the delays. As you may have noticed, not everyone has chosen their Player Name for their Discord Name so we've had to do a bit of digging.
All the more reason to keep the forums open......just saying ;)

m4rt1n

Adept
@Herodite @Silmaril @anonglitch @Feridya @Solanix please can we have a forum competition now Discord has proved to have no scope for anything more than "guess the number".
I loved the one last year where we got a highly zoomed part image of a building for the Advent countdown and really hope for a repeat this year, also the word search and many others that require thought and exploration within the game. I am sure it would be hugely appreciated much more by players than the 2 on Discord so far. :)