• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Answered Have forum competitions ended?

C-Nymph

Necromancer
Hope not, it should be on both, at least as long as we still have the forum...

Also, the posted competition links to the #rules channel, not to a competition channel. And so far, I've only seen a "US competition" on Discord, no "EN competition". Where's it at?

C-Nymph

Necromancer
They have, as well as our announcements and release notes, these are now all located on Discord.
And thus forcing players to use Discord instead of the forums...
So that later Inno can claim that Discord has gotten more interaction than the forums, which gives them a reason to shut the forum down, I see how this works...
But other than that, they're really "open to investigating how to keep forums open" yet they're working hard to achieve the opposite. But please, "keep the feedback coming!" :mad:

C-Nymph

Necromancer
We are indeed hoping to keep Forums open, and are monitoring the numbers closely to see if there is any upsurge on the Forums in not only the number of posts but also the number of unique users.
As usual the more the merrier here, as it really will help us.
Please don't get me wrong, I know you're only the messenger and doing your job and I appreciate your replies and involvement (!!), but it really seems that Inno is only saying that they're hoping to keep the forums open, but have actually already made up their minds. Why else would they transfer every important announcement, release note, competition, and all other 'official' communications to Discord instead of keeping them available on both Discord and the forum, while both are still functional??

Silmaril

Community Manager
Elvenar Team
This has been player demand and has been constant for at least the 5 years I know about here, currently we are seeing if these thousands of requests for this can work to help the community - or not.
As with anything without actually trying this, we would never know the extent to how it could roll....so here we are rolling with the requests and seeing how that rolls...

Hekata

Artisan
What exactly are we supposed to discuss on the forums if we won't get new announcements, notes, competitions...?
I know we can start our own threads but this is basically forcing the forums to compete with Discord with both hands tied behind their back :(

OldHag

Necromancer
This has been player demand and has been constant for at least the 5 years I know about here, currently we are seeing if these thousands of requests for this can work to help the community - or not.
As with anything without actually trying this, we would never know the extent to how it could roll....so here we are rolling with the requests and seeing how that rolls...
May I ask where is this demand posted, I don't see it on these forums. I use the forums and facebook, I don't see a demand for it there either. I don't use the other forms of social media, so I'm really confused as I thought the forums were the main form of communication between Inno and players.

Last edited:

m4rt1n

Adept
May I ask where is this demand posted, I don't see it on these forums. I use the forums and facebook, I don't see a demand for it there either. I don't use the other forms of social media, so I'm really confused as I thought the forums were the main form of communication between Inno and players.

I have seen many discussions here asking for Discord to be used for the in game chat with fellows, however never for a replacement for the forums. I am very surprised Inno is using a 3rd party now for their main means of communication with the players, yes they have accounts on Facebook, Instagram and TwiX but to totally abandon their secure Forum platform for game announcements and use a site open to all the world beggars belief for me.

OldHag

Necromancer
I have seen many discussions here asking for Discord to be used for the in game chat with fellows,
I clearly missed those, maybe I saw the word Discord and switched off.
use a site open to all the world beggars belief for me.
That's a step backwards for me. I'm not naturally a forum person, I've always used chat rooms, but none so ugly as Discord. For the pace of this game, I personally think the forums is more in keeping with the game, something for @InnoGames to consider.

Silmaril

Community Manager
Elvenar Team
@OldHag We get most of our requests directly to support, as most players bypass the Forum entirely for this. There are a few Discord mentions prior to our announcement if you use the search option here 9around 5 pages full). Hence here we are currently with this discussion.

m4rt1n

Adept
Just had a look at the competition on Discord and everyone can see everyone else's entries, that puts big limits on the scope of competitions there. :(

OldHag

Necromancer
@OldHag We get most of our requests directly to support, as most players bypass the Forum entirely for this. There are a few Discord mentions prior to our announcement if you use the search option here 9around 5 pages full). Hence here we are currently with this discussion.
Shouldn't they get directed to the forums to post their idea in the ideas/suggestions forum, it's not a support issue is it? They can also find one of the already created threads about discord and 'like it' (if they are so keen) that way everyone can see the support a particular idea/suggestion is received by players.

m4rt1n

Adept
@Silmaril How are competitions going to work on Discord, none of the forum fun we have had over the years, as looking again I see everyone's answers and so far a lot less entries than good forum competitions. No chance of the spot the difference, word search or find the part of the building, no anagrams, what I see is comps like "describe why you like Elvenar, or like the post" similar to comps on Instagram etc. :(

m4rt1n

Adept
They have been, but many players do not wish to register to join the Forum to do this.

The short term young players who quit after a month or two, Discord as I have said before is used predominately by the under 25 age group to discuss gaming, my 18 year old son knows how it works well to get feedback quickly to developers for the high impact adrenaline junkie young mainly male game market.